<  Ancient Tomes  ~  Newcomer...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2002 8:50 pm Reply with quote
User avatarMortalPosts: 1Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2004 1:22 am
As he enters the city he feels his body on empty. He has been running for so long and he is so tired. City to city to city, all of them the same, to dangerous for him to stay in. All he wants now is to sleep, and to settle down and to be safe for once. He thinks back to the beginning for him and how he got here.

He remembers his days growing up in San Fransico, never really fitting in with any of his classmates, always preferring to hang out by himself and watch as they played. Eventually that just became how he did everything in life. He hung back and he watched others. He grew comfortable in the shadows, and started to talk to them like they were his friends. The only friends he had. By the time he was in highschool all of his classmates just ignored him. He didn't care. He would be going to college next year. During his last few days in High School he discovered a club. The bouncers were leanent on his fake id, and once they started to recognize him some more, they started to let him in free. He figured it was because they pittied him. He knew they saw him always going in getting a drink and than retreating to the corners. Mimicing others as they danced or talked. Pretending he was a part of their coversation. Nights turned to months as he kept haning out at this bar. He was in college now and although he thought it would be different it wasn't. He was still invisible to the world, and he was growing to like it. Until one night.

He noticed them right away when they walked in the room. It was hard not to. They were gracefull and debonair, and wonderful. And they were looking at him. He couldn't believe it for a second. They were looking at him. He checked the wall behind him to make sure there was nobody else there, before he looked like more of a tool. The one in front of the pack was a girl, no wait she was a woman. He had never been noticed by a girl , much less a woman. She casually walked up to him and introduced herself.
"Hi, I'm Celia these are my friends." as she nodded to those with her, who had now all but dispursed amoung the crowd. "Do you come here often?" She said in her best cheesy huskey voice.

All he could do was laugh. "You wouldn't believe. Um... I'm Billy, um Billy Blade." He said starting to feel very self contious.

"Nice to meet you Billy, um Billy Blade. I couldn't help but noticing you over here in the shadows. I love the shadows myself. I feel so at home in them. Its like when I am in the shadows I am with friends, I am never alone." She said as she pulled up a bar stool and sat in it.

Billy couldn't believe his night, not only did this beautiful woman recognize him, but it was like she was reading his mind. And beautiful she was, she was about 5'9" long hazel hair, and auburn eyes. Her face was pail like Billy's and well if Billy concentrated to hard on her body, he would have to sit down too.

Billy couldn't believe she noticed him, he wasn't that amazing looking. He was 6'4" not that built but he had evened out after puberty. His har was short and jet black and he had green opaline eyes. His face was craggy from the many encounters he had had with bullys in his younger days, but there was still some charm to his smile and his eyes, when he decided to show them. (and yes if you read Clive Cussler, i did steal that from my hero Dirk Pitt, but I did change the personality, and I don't care, all of my chars come from the books i read)

He smiled at her and they just sat together in silence.

The night ended and they went their seperate ways, but this wasn't to be the last time that they met. It became a nightly event. Always in the same corner, always in the same shadows. The silences started to ebb off, as they found they had more and more in common. Billy also got to know her friends, and he liked them, and they like the shadows. More and more they hung out at that bar, and soon they started to hang out outside of the bar. They would invite Billy up to their loft overlooking the bay, and Billy was happy. They became interested in his interests. Celia got Billy a job on a couple of music video shoots, and soon recognized his talents behind the scenes. She started to fund his projects as Billy started to produce his own videos.

*******Back in present time*********

It pained Billy to relive these thoughts as he continued to run. He had heard about this city that he was entering Cascadia. He like the sound of it and he liked the shadows. He found a small shed outside of town and there he made his bed. He foraged for rats and drank their blood. And lulled himself to sleeps with the happy memories of his friends, of his clansmen...

((Ok this is my first IC post, I hope it was ok. I was really getting into it, but I need to take a break, so it doesn't get sucky. more to come...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2002 9:09 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGet your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 0Joined: Sun May 04, 2003 11:21 pm
( it was great. :smile:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2002 9:21 pm Reply with quote
((Nice stuff man :smile: and welcome in SoC :smile: ))

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2002 6:44 pm Reply with quote
His night was full of restless sleeping. His mind was active and would not drag like the rest of his body into the depths of unconsiousness. After waking up many times he gave it up and sat up. He reached for a cigarette and lit it. As he inhaled the smoke he couldn't help but think back to his introduction into this dark world.

Billy was happy with his new life, infact he had never been happier. Everyday was a new and amazing thing. Instead of question the fact that his new friends were never around during the day, he to started to alter his sleep schedule to fit theres. He was meeting many influencial people in San Fran with his producing job, and he was making a lot of money. Everything was going right. And like many people tend to do when everything is going right he didn't notice the odd things, the things that should have seemed out of place right away.

For some reason his friends his friends looked hungrier when they saw a human than when they saw the food before them. For some reason all of the friends that Celia introduced him to were as pail as she, and their skin was as cold. For some reason, some of the people they ran across hated Celia and her friends. If Billy thougt anything he thought it was some stupid gang rivalry or some corprate funcion blown out of proportion.

Billy's lease was running up and he was trying to talk Celia into letting him move into with her and her friends. He was there all the time anyways he argued. She took him into her chambers and sat him on the bed.

"Billy, I have been thinking about telling you something for some time. It should by no means be taken into lightly and you should understand the importance of my words. Once I tell you this thing, your life will change for ever. You will never be able to go back. Your life will be put in danger and death will always be around the corner. Before I tell you I want you to understand what you will be getting into. Do you understand and wish to hear me?"

Billy looked at her, he already knew his answer, but he didn't want to appear hasty and scare her off. He wanted to know everything about his new friends, and he wanted to be with them indefinatelly. He couldn't help but feel excited and he couldn't help but show it either. "Um... yes yes I understantd, and I want to hear." He said as bravely as he could.

"Billy what I am going to tell you you can tell no one. Once I tell you if you do tell anyone you will be killed. Do you understand?"

"Yes."

"Billy my chi..friends are not like you. Nor am I. We are look the same, but are as different as.. well night and day. We are, well you would call us vampires, but the word has so many ugly conotations, most of which are true. We are the damned children of Cain, we are the children of the night, we walk in darness, and feed on the blood of others. Behind us death and sorrow follows, ahead of us greatness, and happiness lies. We are kindred."

Billy looked shocked, he wasn't prepared for this revelation, he was relieved and frightened at the same time. "...Cain, ... Kindred, ... Vampires?"

"Yes child you remember the story of Cain and Able from the bible. Gods punishement to Cain was that he would have to survive on the blood of others. We are his children. Many generations down of course well some of us are. We call are self kindred, you know it as vampires. There are different bloodlines amoung us kindred, these are known as clans. We are the clan Lasombra. We are elegant an d dark. We are powerful congerers of shadows."

"Oh my God, I... well.... this... this explains so much, oh Celia I am so happy that you have trusted me enought to tell me this. I am so happy, Celia I love you and I love your fri... clansmen."

Now it was Celia's turn to be shocked, she had embraced many people, this has never been the reaction before. She was taken aback by it, but she new it would make the next part easier. "Child by telling you this, the only way I can let you live is by embracing you, making you one of us. Or I endanger the Masquerade."

Billy looked at her, Masquerade, he wanted to ask what this was, but his brain had already figured it out, the reason that humans don't know of their excistance, the masquerade, if humans knew there would be war. Billy searched for the words to say to her, but before he could think of them they flew out of his mouth,...."I want to be embraced."

((more to come I have a students to teach now. Bye Bye

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2002 7:49 pm Reply with quote
PussyPosts: 2Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2003 1:06 am
(("I WANT TO BE EMBRACED."!?!?!? Sheesh, I've heard of cases f that, but you really have to be wierd, or dumb, to accept not seeing the sun again and having to drink blood for a living, sure the powers are cool but whoa... I do understand Billy he wanted to be part of something bigger...he would be a perfect target for the yeerks (oops, sorry, changed to another universe). ))

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2002 9:47 pm Reply with quote
((oops sorry I forgot that the Lasombra are typically sabbat, but for the sake of my story they are camarilla, and thank you Graventhorp. Yes it might seem cheesy, but Billy had nothing else in his life that he loved as much as these kindred. So what you have to drink blood for ever, it is a small price to pay to Billy, to be with these people forever. Plus the students were walking into the classroom and I had to finish it up some.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2002 11:36 pm Reply with quote
PussyPosts: 2Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2003 1:06 am
((I'ts a very cool post...very cool character...shame its a lasombra, lol. What do you teach? (and you can call me Thorp)))

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2002 12:12 am Reply with quote
((I teach the worst job of all, I am a subsitute. And the damn kids today, i wish I could have done some of the things we can do in this game to them today. Anyway thanks.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2002 12:26 am Reply with quote
User avatarCaitiffPosts: 16Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 12:18 am
((Um... god you remind me of {GI§}Vittorio Pitt.... are you?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2002 6:06 am Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
:smile:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2002 7:27 am Reply with quote
((Um... no I am Billy see?
<===

Its right over there
:grin:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2002 8:40 am Reply with quote
((Sorry guys, I have been to damn busy, I will post more tomorrow hopefully at school.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2002 11:52 am Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 186Location: York, England.Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:57 pm
((woohoooo another lasombra :smile: :grin: :lol:

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2002 6:13 am Reply with quote
Before the words were out of his mouth, she was on top of him. The world collapsed around him, he could feel himself being swallowed into the darkness. It wasn't the horrible feeling he usually associated with being knocked out, he could still hear somethings outside of the darkness. He could feel Celia moaning. He could feel the blood leaving his body. He caught flashes of images from her past, but nothing that he could understand. Than without warning he could feel nothing. He was scared he was sure that something went wrong. He knew he was dead.

The next thing he knew his mouth was warm, than his throat, he could feel it spreading throughout his body, he felt more alive than he had ever felt, he felt a knew power behind his hands, he felt his body operating on a level it never had before. Slowly he opened his eyes and looked around the room. He had Celia's wrist in his hands and he was sucking on it. He pulled back and felt his mouth. He felt his knew fangs. He looked at her and she was smiling at him. She layed him back down on the bed and kissed him.

"Billy stay here and rest. You need your sleep. When you wake, go to the fridge by the bed. There is more blood in there. We will wait for you in the living room."

He felt his eyes close and before he knew it he was asleep.

He wasn't sure how long he was asleep. But the next thing he remembered was the world exploding around him. HE heard screaming and felt head from flames he was sure. He smelled smoke, and heard gunshots. He sat up and looked around. There room was empty, so he walked into the living room. When he opened the door, he almost choked from the heat. He saw fighting all around him, he saw his clan mates fighting against other men he thought. He couldn't be sure. Most of his clansmen were dead. The fight was over before it started it seemed. The other Lasombra had no chance, they weren't prepared for this attack. He looked around the room at the piles of dust. Than he looked up at the attackers. One of them was walking towards him. He backed away and bit the wall. He tried to push himself into it, but the creature kept coming. He could see that it had the shape of a man, but after the revalations of tonight he couldn't be sure anymore. The creature smoked and when it opened its mouth it had fangs like his. He closed his eyes because of being frightened.

The creature growled at him, "Run Lasombra, you were not part of their crimes, but you have 2 hours to get out of the city. Leave before the prince changes his mind and hunts you down and kills you."

Than nothing he heard nothing. Slowly he opened his eyes. The room was empty. He looked around and cried. All of his friends were dead, and all he knew was dead. He was alone in this new world, and he was confused and frightened. The happiness that he had, was no longer around him. He looked around the room, and yelled at himself to get it together and leave, before he was killed. He picked up the pistol nearest him, and grabbed some blood from the fridge, grabbed a jacket and left. He ran straight out of the city. He wasn't heading anywhere he was just leaving.

***********Current Day***************

He had been running like that since than. He was tired of running and just wanted to be happy again. He grabbed his weapons and his jacket and left the shak. He lit another smoke and walked toward the city, Cascadia. He had heard things about this city. He was tired of running and decided that he would make a new life for himself here. First he must meet the Prince and the other kindred, especially the Lasombra. He looked at the night sky and buttoned up his jacket.

((ok thats it. I hope it was good sorry it took so long))

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2002 9:46 am Reply with quote
User avatarCaitiffPosts: 16Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 12:18 am
((It was great... but since I am a picky hoe I'm gonna pick at facts... only one little thing... The bite of the lasombra is really painful... someone tell me if I got that wrong... but i'm pretty sure its lasombra....

Offline Profile