<  Ancient Tomes  ~  A Long Sleep, Ended...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 1:59 am Reply with quote
Just outside the city gates, beneath a large oak, the earth began to rise. A mound formed, and the turf split... Out came a pale, dirt-encrusted hand. Then a naked arm, and a body. Dessicated, wasted, almost, with an almost unearthly glow under the moon. The figure sat up in it's mound of earth, shook itself and looked around.
"I know this place," it told itself. "I have slept too long.." And it answered itself. "Yes, yes, you have. Time, high time to get up. There's a hunting must be done, if we are to have strength.." It seemed to consider what it said, and nodded in the dark. "Yes, a hunting we shall go.." It stood, shook off the dirt, and made to go inside the city. "I shall bathe in the river".. "What a lovely idea, if I do say so myself.."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 2:42 am Reply with quote
User avatarGet your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 0Joined: Sun May 04, 2003 11:21 pm
:smile:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 9:33 am Reply with quote
((welcome back Emmy... I've missed you!

~batty~

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 2:14 pm Reply with quote
(( Welcome back :smile: ))

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 3:01 pm Reply with quote
The figure walked around the city, visiting old haunts... No light touched it, no one saw it, not even it's victims remembered it's touch. "Dirty.. I'm so dirty," it muttered. "Yes, yes we are," it answered. "Where is the river?"... "I think go left at this crossing..?" .."Certainly, yes, I hear the water, thank you".. "Not a problem, friend.."

The water was cold, and it cleared the creature's mind {as much as could be, for such a one}. "Who shall I be today?" .."I think we should take our old name back.." .."Which?" .."The oldest." .."No, that would never do. We shall be a name not so old. We shall now be Pan." The thing calling itself Pan bathed in the starlight, splashing happily in his solitude.