<  Ancient Tomes  ~  Sleep.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 12:59 am Reply with quote
He crossed over into 75th and Fae. His leaden face grim with concentration. The herd in this city were much easier prey than the superstitious people he watched over from his Keep. Yet, for all their foolishness, he enjoyed the chase, the tension in their veins as death gripped them. He felt his flesh tighten, toughening on his face as the beast in him forced it’s way to the surface. Gritting his fangs he pushed it back, ignoring it’s please and whispered promises. He had time enough for frenzies.

He had just reached the threshold of the old, disused railway bridge when he heard the soft cry of a child. Looking down through the slatted bridge floor he saw him. Roughly twenty feet below lay a young boy, looking to be around five years old. The boy moaned again at the sounds of footsteps above him.

“Mommy?”

Tanos exhaled a grey plume of blood warmed breath and chose to climb down onto the tracks. As he stood over the child he shook his head sadly, an action unusual enough in itself.

“No child. Not your mother.”

He crouched beside the boy, his eyes a faded version of their usual cruelty and spoke again softly, cooing.

“It’s going to be ok child. What’s your name?”

The boy strained, coughing up clotted, black blood as he spoke.

“Mommy says not to talk to strangers......”

“Ahhh, then if it eases you, I am Tanos.”

The old vampire forced a smile, the corners of his mouth visibly straining as the boy lay dying.

“T...Ta..nos? My name is Ollie, mommy calls me Oliver..”

Tanos stroked the boys face, the strange soft touch calming Ollie at least for a brief moment.

“It hurts Mr Tanos, I want my mommy.”

“I know you do Oliver, I know you do. Close your eyes and think of your “mommy”.

As Ollie closed his eyes, his chest creaking from the strains of breathing, Tanos cradled the boys neck, exposing it. His mind flashing back to the day he lost his own innocence. Driving the human thought away he ended Ollie’s pain, his fangs strangling the boy into a sleep beyond pain, beyond waking. He felt the body go limp, then licked the wound. Lifting the body from the tracks he lay it on a clump of soft grass, resting the head on a clump of coarse bracken. From the injuries it was clear the boy had been struck by a train. The ruined body sickened him. He may hunt the humans, he may even use them as feed for his own creatures, but he also had to tend them like his livestock. Sometimes if the injuries demanded it, his tending would include killing.

He stood over the now silent body, his soul he assumed had gone.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 2:39 am Reply with quote
((like a poor wounded dog that has been hit by the speeding car, the tragic victem is put to its sleep :cry: :(

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 2:41 am Reply with quote
User avatarGet your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 0Joined: Sun May 04, 2003 11:21 pm
((wow...one minute i think tanos a ruthless killer, the next hes ending a dieing boys pain, and even feeling bad for him...damn.... :smile:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 2:43 am Reply with quote
He is ruthless, he killed the boy the same way a farmer would kill a mortally injured animal.

I stand watching. Your head fucked full of ugly, spittle sweet thoughts, and damp, forced sounds. You lie quivering, I can smell your pain, no taste your fear. Incomplete and straining under my touch. It is all you have now. You are mine for the taking.

[ This Message was edited by: Tanos on 2002-01-13 20:44 ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 2:48 am Reply with quote
((i aint ever seen a farmer bite his cattle lol

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 2:53 am Reply with quote
((Yeah well they do in Wallachia :lol: ;)

*ahem*

I stand watching. Your head fucked full of ugly, spittle sweet thoughts, and damp, forced sounds. You lie quivering, I can smell your pain, no taste your fear. Incomplete and straining under my touch. It is all you have now. You are mine for the taking.

[ This Message was edited by: Tanos on 2002-01-13 20:54 ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 5:41 am Reply with quote
((wonderfully done my boy! :smile:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 9:19 pm Reply with quote
User avatarMalkavianPosts: 0Location: San Francisco Bay AreaJoined: Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:52 am
((yup as above cool posts Tanos :smile: :grin:

Offline Profile