<  Ancient Tomes  ~  Education

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2002 10:54 pm Reply with quote
User avatarCaitiffPosts: 16Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 12:18 am
((YES!!! OMG OMG OMG!!! YES!!!!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2002 10:59 pm Reply with quote
User avatarCaitiffPosts: 16Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 12:18 am
As Diam saw Nite off to a show in New York she shivered deeply, her body trembling at the feeling overcoming her.

"Diam?! What's wrong?" Nite questioned the emotions she felt.

"Nothing, just go get on the damn plane.. I'll be fine..."

"Y.. yes Diam" Nite spoke, fearing he had done something wrong.

"No... don't be worried, I am not mad at you.. just in a little bit of surprize... I need to go.. and so do you.. will you be okay?"

He smiled, then nodded, kissing Diam lightly on the lips. "I'll be fine Diam... I love you.. and I'll see you in a couple of days"

She smiled back, returned the kiss, and hugged him "Be careful"

He nodded as he walked away, dressed in very expensive casual clothes and a thick leather jacket.

Diam continued to shake, a feeling that was very rare in her arose.

She muttered to herself, wondering from gate to gate, hoping she would spy the thing or person who was sending the familiar feeling to her.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 12:13 am Reply with quote
PussyPosts: 2Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2003 1:06 am
((I do remember this one time when after a car accident Sorenti lost his memory and thought he was mortal....I believe Caine crushed his chest and awakened him to give him his memory back...hmm... tough to do this time with all the guards and the seemingly improved powers...))

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 5:48 am Reply with quote
Gabriel bowed once more and nodded to his dinner companion, who placed his napkin upon his empty plate in contentment. The little man across the table was worth far more than most would size him up to be. Although barely reaching five foot, he was a Japanese business mogul, worth more than most people in the United States. He smiled from behind thick rimmed glasses, obviously designer wear.
"A pleasure once again doing business with you Mr. O'Brien." he said, slowly standing up, waving the wrinkles from his suit. "I hope that we will again have a..."
Gabriel watched is disbelief as the Mr. Yomoto seemed to get further and further away, a blinding white light creeping in from all sides. His tinny broken accent grew softer and softer, the roar of a train filling Gabriel's ears.
A flash of lightning blinded him and then all he could see was Sorenti, his face rested and content, stepping off a plane at the airport. Gabriel recognized the terminal, it was Cascadia. Sorenti had truly returned. Sorenti slowly put a hand to his forehead, apparently disturbed by something. A sheet of blank covered the vision and all at once Gabriel was back in reality.
"Mr. O'Brien?" Yomoto was standing over him now. "Are you alright Mr. O'Brien?" Gabriel stood up from the floor of the restaurant, brushing himself off. Not good business.
"Yes...of course. Thank you for your time Mr. Yomoto, I'm afraid I have some pressing business to attend to. Good evening." Gabriel shook his hand quickly and left towards the airport.

((again sorry for the absolutely SHISTE writing...but i can't work up the ole magic lately....hmmm....take it away Sor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 3:58 pm Reply with quote
((lol will do in about an hour...just to point out...Sorenti's powers are not greater than they were before, he just understands them better now :smile: Oh and Sorenti hasn't lost his memory so to speak, he just had his old one removed...he has a new one now hehehe

PS. Sorry all, he may well be a real prick for a while, but he'll settle...and NO, not in the way the old Sorenti was a prick lol

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 5:50 pm Reply with quote
At the airport, a limousine had been waiting, the door held open for Sorenti who had got in to find a man and a woman inside. They were members of the A.A.S. and had been resident in Cascadia a couple of weeks. They told Sorenti some of the general information, such as the location of various things, pointing them out to him on a map as the great car pulled away. His guards travelled in the following cars with the rest of his entourage. Sorenti wondered why he really needed guards, being The Great One and all, but the two Tzimisce's were strong and highly skilled, giving Sorenti satisfaction to know they may be of some use.

The limo had pulled up at the library and Sorenti had been dropped off with the guards. His advisor, the Brujah philosopher, and his personal assistant, Imo-rah, disappearing to arrange keys and deeds for his new property and haven. The two "insiders" of Cascadia informed him where the Elysium was exactly, but Sorenti found the rows and rows of the books in the library above to be far more interesting. He quickly scouted for any history of Cascadia, finding none, he frowned and just took the nearest book "Splicing techniques for Rose lovers". He found himself a comfortable seat, lit a cigarette, much to the annoyance of the library staff and began to read.

He zipped through half the book and then remembered he was in "mortal" public, so continued to read at mortal pace, the two guards alert and attentive the entire time. As he finished that book and took another, Sorenti noticed the library closing, yet he was not asked to leave, instead, more Kindred began to appear. The room filled up with all clans and seemed to group way across the room, near the entrance. Sorenti shrugged and continued to read, happy to be left alone and undisturbed.

Before long, the rabble that had collected fell quiet, which Sorenti appreciated for his reading, so he paid them no attention. However, as Sorenti read, he could sense the restless movements of his guards and feel eyes on him. Slowly, he lifted his gaze and looked round the room, eyes looking away as he met the glances. Thinking nothing of it, he finished his book and went into the next room to find another. A damn Gangrel kept sniffing in his direction, perhaps he had a cold, Sorenti thought as he found a book on the worktop.

The back door opened softly and Sorenti's advisor appeared, handing him the deeds to his new haven and saying they could go to it at anytime. Sorenti was just agreeing to go, when, from hearing the proceedings, he figured it was a Kindred meeting, so looked back into the room. One of the Kindred at the far end, behind a cheap looking table, was shouting and slamming his fist down. Sorenti chuckled quietly and wondered who the loudmouth was, thinking it might do him well to feed from someone on Prozac.

Just as he stifled his chuckle, the loud one looked at him and asked him to sit, calling him "friend". Sorenti was puzzled at that and wondered if all the Kindred here were in love with each other, being all groupy and huggy. He hoped not, else he would soon find somewhere else to live, then again, things could prove very easy indeed, should it be so. He decided to sit and listen to what was being said, while studying the occupants. He looked around and saw what appeared to be a common tart giving him the "come-on". He looked blankly at her as a strange feeling of hatred overcame him, he shook his head to clear it, but it rose again as he looked along the line at the table. The one next to the loudmouth giving him an identical feeling, he noted the appearance of both and decided to find out more about them.

He was geting a few looks every so often, only natural, he assumed, as he was strange to these parts. But then two things happened, firstly a punk looking girl, quite pretty under the pink mess of hair, gave him such a look it worried him, almost like she knew him. Then another female, somewhat dirty in appearance, actually said his name. Sorenti became a little uneasy, but then figured that the A.A.S. had members everywhere and perhaps these were just a couple more.

The Kindred had some sort of vote or other, which was of no importance to Sorenti, he was hardly involved or bothered by whatever was going on. Then, after the loudmouth had closed the meeting, the one called Gabriel came up to him and said the Prince would like to see him. Sorenti was pleased at this, for he knew it was the custom to introduce oneself to the Prince of a city. So, he followed this Gabriel and another into a backroom of the place. Expecting to merely introduce himself to the Prince, Sorenti was shocked to receive a deluge of accusations.

First, that the Prince already knew him and second, this Gabriel claimed to be his childe. Thinking quickly, he resolved the matter in his mind, the Prince was trying to get in his good books by pretending to be his friend. The Seneschal, was claiming to be his childe for his own benefit, for the childe of The Great One could indeed wield influence, without being harmed. Unfortunately, things had come up which meant both the Prince and Seneschal were needed elsewhere. Sorenti shrugged and left, meeting with his advisor and Imo-rah to travel to his new haven.

[ This Message was edited by: Sorenti on 2002-01-14 11:55 ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 6:38 pm Reply with quote
PussyPosts: 2Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2003 1:06 am
((GANGREL!?!?! COLD!?!? Ok, I accept the being confused for a Gangrel, Thorp was once a Gangrel, so that's understanable...but a COLD!?! How can kindred catch colds!??! Sheesh...))

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 9:53 pm Reply with quote
((lmao....just a slight against the blood of Thorp....an amusing analogy for Sorenti :P

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:13 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGet your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 0Joined: Sun May 04, 2003 11:21 pm
:grin:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2002 7:16 am Reply with quote
The window rolled down slowly, allowing a pillar of thick, rich smoke trail from the moving car. The black exterior was flawless and smooth, reflecting a curved version of the world around it. Overhead, street lights whizzed by like fireworks, periodically illuminating the figure in the cars hardened features.
As the tangerene light filled the car once more, Gabriel's emerald eyes sparkled with copper hues. He cast his gaze out the backseat window towards the sidewalk, where a man in a long overcoat and shimmering blonde hair stood next to a waiting vehicle.
His Sire looked the same in nearly every respect, his young face hiding the true sources of wisdom that lay beneath. But something was different about him, he was unfamiliar. Earlier Gabriel had confronted him and he had simply shrugged it off. It was certainly unusual, it seemed almost as if....

YOU CAN'T EXPECT TO UNDERSTAND YOUNG ONE...

Gabriel's muscles tensed as every cell and fiber in his body seemed to scream out. The thick brown cigar fell from his fingers and onto the floor, the ash dusting his pants and shoes. He pressed himself against the crinkling leather of the backseat, unable to block the booming voice. From the corner of his squinting eye he could see his driver uneffected, he concluded it must only be him.

who....who are you? why are you contacting..

I WILL NOT SPEAK LONG YOUNG ONE, I HAVE NO TIME FOR QUESTIONS. YOUR SIRE IS A DIFFERENT PERSON NOW....SEEK THE ANSWERS GABRIEL...

Gabriel gasped as the voice trailed off, eventually leaving a ringing in his ears, although it was not audible. Slowly he reached down the floor and picked up the still lit cigar, which had managed to burn a quarter size hole in the soft floor.
He glanced once more out the window, looking just in time to see Sorenti's head disappear into the car. Another body emerged from the shadows, dressed in business attire. He had a thin face, with brown eyes and a mop of brown hair that hung loosely. He glanced up at Gabriel's car as he stepped into the back seat with Sorenti, pausing for a moment.
Gabriel's windows were tinted heavily, but the man stared him directly in the eyes nonetheless. His face shifted, the flesh rearranging itself for a split moment into a horrible sight.
"Tzimisce..." Gabriel whispered. The next moment, both the car and his Sire, were gone.....

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2002 6:06 pm Reply with quote
((cool post man :smile: - I'm just kinda lost now, have to come up with a new storyline from here on and fast, or I'm gonna lose it all :(

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2002 6:07 pm Reply with quote
((cool post man :smile: - I'm just kinda lost now, have to come up with a new storyline from here on and fast, or I'm gonna lose it all :(