<  Ancient Tomes  ~  Vermilion

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2002 4:33 pm Reply with quote
Tanos replied irritably.

"Yes I know who you are Mr O'Brien. As for your title...where I come from such titles are not elected, they are fought for."

At that he turned offering Gabriel a leather bound seat, himself taking position on a more ornate equivalent. A fire burned warming the chamber with it's fierce heat. Tanos had Randall bring in a bottle of imported Brandy, offering Gabriel a glass. As always when Gabriel motioned for him to join him he declined, smiling darkly.

"I trust you arrived safely, without incident?"

"Mostly yes. However...it appears someone thought it necessary to break into my home and leave a calling card."

Gabriel frowned.

"Calling card?"

"Ahh yes dear boy, a single crimson rose to be exact."

Gabriel thought quietly.

They began to speak at length. Tanos finding the conversation surprisingly intellectual, especially for a Ventrue. Gabriel sensed the double-sided opinion but shadowed it with his own surprise that the Tzimisce was every bit the "Lord" he claimed to be. He carried an air of nobility that he rarely saw in those more expected to wear it. But he also sensed a bestial streak, the mind of one who had killed for his position, and who would do far worse to those that threatened him.

Hours passed, Tanos led Gabriel on a subcutaneous tour of his library. The volumes were at best extensive, at worst incredibly rare. They headed to a small dining room, Tanos offering Gabriel a late supper before he left. As they sat at the long, heavy oaken table the door echoed as someone welse came to "visit".

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2002 5:09 pm Reply with quote
User avatarMalkavianPosts: 0Location: San Francisco Bay AreaJoined: Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:52 am
Kathy stood impatiently, waiting for the door to be answered, as she was about to walk away and return to her original plan of breaking in, she heard footsteps approaching the other side of the door.
Stepping back she watched as the heavy door opened.
Randall opened the door and looked the woman up and down .
"can I hep you Miss?" he said his voice low and deep.
Kathy looked trying to think of a reply that would get her into the building.
"Im looking for Gabriel O' Brien I believe he is here, his car is parked at the gates"
Kathy smiled widely " and of course I come to welcome Tanos to the city"
Randall opened the door wider letting kathy enter.
"I will go and tell Tanos you are here...what name shall I give him?" Randall asked haughtily as he shut the door.
"Kathy Belvadere is my name "
Kathy watched as he walked down the corridor, his footsteps echoing as he did.
Kathy looked around as she waited for him to return, the walls that were bare when she was here last were now adorned with many paintings, kathy stepped up closer to one and her eyes widened as she saw many of them were originals.

"Miss Belvadere, this way please" randall said, kathy had been examining the paintings so intensely that she hadnt heard him return.
She followed him as he led her down the corridor , glancing at the doorway that led down to the cellars as she passed it.
"Lord tanos is in here with Mr. O' Brien"
Randall pushed the door open and kathy stepped into the large room, wishing she had dressed better.
Kathy looked at Tanos as he walked towards her,his face neither smiling nor frowning.
She flashed a smile at gabriel as he looked at her puzzled wondering what she was doing there, and why she was dressed in a tracksuit.

((there ya go tanos lolol postt damn it man lolol0lolol

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2002 6:50 pm Reply with quote
Gabriel watched as the Tzimisce who had been among the first of his kind to actually leave a favorable impression on him, strolled slowly towards Kathy. Kathy's baggy clothes hung loosely from her perfectly formed body.
"And just how many visitors will I be receiving uninvited tonight?" Tanos murmured to himself, a tone of irratability (sp?) present.
"We shall leave you soon enough Lord Tanos," Gabriel said, stepping up from behind him, "you have been a most gracious host."
Tanos once again offered him supper, but Gabriel's blood preference would not allow it. Glancing out the large bay windows in the dining hall, Gabriel could see the first wave of violet clouds creeping over the horizon. They had perhaps half an hour before sunrise.
The Ventrue and Toreador said their goodbye's, Kathy silently cursing herself for coming so late, and departed.

+++++++++++++

As the sun dipped below the treeline, Gabriel's eyes flickered open.

((sorry...ran out of time to post today! grah!anyway, this post was supposed to be us visiting his mansion the next day to retrieve Kathy's posession....Kathy...Tanos care to carry on?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2002 10:59 am Reply with quote
The irritation Tanos felt had him clicking his fangs as he sent Randall away. His chamber now prepared he sat silent and alone in the firelight. The book in his hand occasionally breaking the silence with a soft fwip as he turned the page. Shrugging he lifted the bracelet from his pocket, letting the light cast over the delicate metal he muttered wordlessly.

He recognised the scent from the bracelet as that of O'Brien's less than punctual companion, Miss Belvadere? He shook his head softly, a light, cancerous shimmer under his skin as he called Randall.

Two evenings later Katherine arose to find a simple envelope at her door. Pacing gingerly over to it she found her bracelet inside, and a note.

"Miss Belvadere, I trust you found my cellars educational. Please try the doors next time."

At the base of the simple paper written in a red, clearly blood, scrawl...

"Lord Tanos Scirenczy."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2002 9:50 pm Reply with quote
User avatarMalkavianPosts: 0Location: San Francisco Bay AreaJoined: Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:52 am
Kathy slipped the gold bangle back on and walked back into her bedroom, the vest she wore barely covering her slim body.
smiling she slipped back into bed carefully not wanting to wake Gabriel.
Pulling the sheets onto her she looked at the bangle the relief that she had got it back making her smile widely. she looked at the note again and frowned Tanos knew she had been there now, uninvited , and she hoped that he wouldnt see it as trespassing.

Offline Profile