<  Ancient Tomes  ~  queen of shadows

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2002 7:23 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
She sat in front of the empty mirror looking at an empty room.

On the vanity an assortment of make-up was displayed on a tray. She laughted at herself, she use to think of herself a chameleon. with make-up she could hide her nature, she could attract attention, change her personality, make a mask of seduction, but it wasn't who she was.

it was never who she was.

She could change her hair color, god she did that so long, that when she went back to her natural color it seemed wrong.

It wasn't natural at all.

and it was funny... people always judged her for her make-up, her clothes, what she did to make a living, never who she was. never for the person buried deep behind that chameleon face she put on. And those who said they did know the true person behind the make-up, would act shocked when that little girl image faded and she showed them the only thing she knew.

She never did anything wrong, she just tried to get by like everyone else. It seemed unfair to be judged over a profession. She couldn't hide it, not even with make-up.

the dresses still fit, but they would always fit. She would never gain an ounce of weight, her boobs would never sag, and she would never grow old.

But who was she?

she reached out and watched her hand touch the mirror but still couldn't see a reflection, as if the mirrior was a window into another room.

"Who am I?"

"my make-up's all off now"

"what is there to see?"

She sat in front of the empty mirror looking at an empty room.

"I'am nothing"

[ This Message was edited by: Adrianna on 2002-02-03 13:26 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Adrianna on 2002-02-03 13:43 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Adrianna on 2002-02-03 13:48 ]

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 8:22 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
She stood outside under the moonlight, ignoring the pain and as close the edge of the roof top she could get. The street was so far below the cars passing by looked like ants.

there were no settie guards to protect her. She had slipped out when they were not looking to get a few moments of privacy. Besides would they really miss her if something happened to her and could the dead really die again.

She placed her toes on the edge of the abyss and closed her eyes. one more step and all the trouble she has caused would be over. No more Jules, no more guards, no more pain from lights, i'm nothing after all... she told herself.

she paused. she could hear foot steps on the ramp leading to the top of the building.

"hello my lady" it was billy.

"hi" she said not turning around. She tried not to sound cold but couldn't help sounding distint.

"i hope your not planning on flying tonight my lady, you seem to have forgotten something."

she didn't feel like she had forgotten anything. was she surpose to be somewhere?
she turned and looked at him and saw that he had moved closer to the edge, but still a few feet away. "what's that?"

"well, i just noticed you forgot your wings."

she gave him a faint smile, she tried her best to hold it back but it came out on it's own.

"and now that i mention it, where are your guards?"

"oh them, I sorta ditched them." she looked back at the street below. he wasn't trying to stop her and she liked that, but she couldn't help feeling embaressed to be here in the first place, especialy now that someone she knew and trusted was watching her.

"well i'm glad you did," he said.

she nodded.

"hey, you know, i'm kinda hungry, is there anyplace to hunt around here?"

she turned and looked at him, she had almost forgot that he was new to cascadia and his sire hadn't taught him anything about survival. somehow she felt ashamed of herself for even thinking of going to the abyss.

she stepped away from the edge, and walked toward the ramp. "come on... i've got at least an hour before i'm missed."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2002 12:37 am Reply with quote
User avatarMortalPosts: 1Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2004 1:22 am
((Whoo Hooo, I will let you post a bit more and than I will join in.

Offline Profile