<  Ancient Tomes  ~  A letter to Gabriel From The Keeper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2002 12:13 am Reply with quote
Get your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 0Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2003 12:25 pm
As Syd sat in his test cell he he set the on the paper on the ground. The room was pitch black, no light at all not even artificial, these particular hunters had been novices believing any kind of light would kill a vampire. Syd proceeded to slit his own wrist, although lacking blood it was his only utencil to write with and a letter of uttmost importance. He began by dipping his right index fingernail into the open cut of his left wrist and began to write. The blood was weak due to the fact the hunters would not let him feed on anything beside small bottles of vitae every once in a while, cold and not the bloodline of his choice, and any rats that managed to find their way into his cell.

Gabriel,
Its been a long time and no doubt you have been concerned for my disappearence. I would have contacted you sooner but I was captured by Vampire hunters. I was going to check out some land for sale out past all suburbs into the woods, as I walked through the woods, as there were no roads, I tripped and fell unto a branch which peirced through my heart. I layed in torpor until god only knows how long. At any rate I must have been discovered by hunters who for some reason wanted me alive. They havent conversed with me but I did manage, with the help of some of my disciplines, to get a janitor to get me some paper and an envelope, and will now attempt to have him mail you this. God pray you get this letter. All I have gathered is that I am somewhere in NY, I have no doubt you will seek me out, bring Drain, Im sure he will be of much assistance.

Your good friend,
Sydney No(well)

His blood ran dry and he entered torpor once again.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2002 12:15 am Reply with quote
((Anyone smell a chron here....If anyone wants to bid on it then very well, otherwise i will create it myself....City is subject to change its just the first one i could think of off the top of my head.

[ This Message was edited by: Syd Nowell on 2002-01-01 18:17 ]

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2002 2:38 am Reply with quote
(( Very nice post. I don't want to be ST of it .. but I would love to be in it .. :smile: ME ME ME .. PICK ME!

It's great to have you back hun ... :smile:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2002 3:00 am Reply with quote
Gabriel sat in his office, watching the last vestiges of the scarlet sunset fade into another 12 hours of oblivion. The crickets chirped chaotically among the brush surrounding his porch, the cool brush of nightfall had moved in, removing all warmth from the atmosphere.
It had been so long since Gabriel had felt the warm tang of sun on his skin he could hardly remember it's feeling. Memories, all faded like bleached photographs now, were all that he still retained...and he struggled nightly to hang on to even those.
The small ice cubes clinked in his glass as he rocked back and forth in the antique rocking chair. He had called for his butler to refill his drink nearly ten minutes ago. Gabriel grimaced and turned his head as the sound of footsteps echoed out on the wooden floor.
"Sir," the familiar voice said softly, stopping just behind him. Gabriel did not turn around but stared straight ahead as the sun disappeared beneath the blanket of clouds on the horizon, a purple hue spreading like a pool of blood. "Sir...a message has come for you."
"Where is my drink?" Gabriel asked, still facing the horizon.
"It's from a Mr. Syd Nowell." the butler said softly. Gabriel's breath clenched in his chest, his fingers curling tightly around the glass in shock. The glass shattered, small shards of translucent crystal embedding themselves within his palm. Gabriel ignored the familiar sting of pain and turned around, reaching for the envelope with his good hand.
Reading over the parchment, he felt his heart sink. His eyes glazed over slightly as yet another ally was in danger of losing his life...
"Call for the Nosferatu Primogen and the Prince at once." Gabriel said quietly, returning his gaze back to the spot where the sun had set. The night sky was prevelant now and the stars shone brightly over Cascadia. Somewhere in the distance a friend was hanging by a thread....

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2002 3:56 am Reply with quote
((nice writing guys...good to see Syd still kicking :grin: and in a weird way, you two have given me an idea....thanks!!! mwuhaha

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2002 4:18 am Reply with quote
((Well fuck...I thought my writing was good, aside of course from the corny ass ending...I fell??? Anyways you took the cake, Gabe you are certainly a better writer then me, although i never was great at it...You know you think it would be easier to wright morbid, sorrowfull, desperate things in my state of mind, not for me at least.... I do however wonder what weird idea we gave sor???
Gabe it gave me chills that you care so much to come to my rescue....And broke a glass over me as well....Im as giddy as a school girl: Im saying this right now in an incredibley dull voice. Except for the giving of chills, it was really that good

[ This Message was edited by: Syd Nowell on 2002-01-01 22:21 ]

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2002 7:20 pm Reply with quote
PussyPosts: 2Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2003 1:06 am
((*sniffs sadly* hey gabe, if Thorp was in trouble would you break a glass too??))

Offline Profile