<  Ancient Tomes  ~  A Private Moment

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2002 8:19 am Reply with quote
Valek still looked at the dead nuns hanging .... he smiled evily as he stood up and walked toward the exit of the Cappadocian graveyard ....

-about an hour later-

Valek walked in the streets of Cascadia .... he stoped in front of a cemetary gate feeling a strange precense ... Valek turned his head slowly to look at the gate ... Valek knew he felt that precense somewhere ... Valek tought " Not possible .... " Valek shaked his head as he walked foward on the street ....

-Few moments later-

Valek arrived in his prince office ... he sat down ... looking at the morbid enviroment ... smiling evily ....

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2002 11:23 am Reply with quote
((sory for the cwap post :P ))

Mark left Rhiannon and headed into the city of Cascadia. Mixed feelings and thoughts rushed through his mind as he continued walking deeper inside of the city. He knew where she was going and he knew that it was not the safest place for her to be. But he had to let her do this. The only reassuring edge was that he knew she could handle herself well in any circumstance. Still he felt like he should be doing something more for her. To help her.

He sighed heavily. He decided to head to the one place of the city that she would go to if she needed him.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2002 1:45 am Reply with quote
User avatarCaitiffPosts: 16Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 12:18 am
She stood against the tree eyes trying to size up Rhiannon. She couldn't figure the kindred out.
"I am Diam ((not gonna put full name for length's sake))Bloodstaff. I am the Toreador Primogen... May I ask your name?"
Her accent was as thick as ever, drawling and soothing.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2002 2:32 am Reply with quote
User avatarGet your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 0Joined: Sun May 04, 2003 11:21 pm
:smile:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2002 7:23 am Reply with quote
User avatarGet your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 7Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:44 pm
Rhiannon was startled out of her reverie and tears of grief by the dulcet tones of the voice behind her. She jumped up, immediately alert, and turned to face where the voice was coming from.

"Excuse me, you have startled me. I have just arrived in the city, and wished to make a personal call before presenting myself." She looked down at herself, the dirt of Jade's grave disheveling her appearance. She brushed herself off, and once again squared her shoulders. "I had hoped to be more presentable upon our meeting........
My name is Rhiannon." She left the rest unsaid as a silence hung between them for just a moment.

Suddenly Rhiannon felt the earth giving way beneath her foot, and instinctively she jumped aside, in time to see a hand push through the surface. She screamed and looked at Diam. "Please," she cried frantically, "Please help me..it is my sister." She dropped to her knees and began to claw at the earth, calling Jade's name, only vaguely realising that by this admission of her relationship to Jade, she had pinpointed that she was not just "a" Rhiannon, but "the" Rhiannon. Her frantic digging continued......

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2002 9:09 am Reply with quote
((Woah ... COOL AS HELL :smile: ))

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2002 5:10 pm Reply with quote
Gabriel shut the folder and tucked it under his left arm, using his free hand to open the ornate glass door to the offices. Striding through the lobby he thought only of his Sire's whereabouts. Sorenti had never been away for so long...Los Requis was behind it.
PING!
The elevator chimed and Gabriel stepped inside, turning to press the desired floor as he did so. He took a position at the rear of the elevator amongst the mortals who stood vacantly staring at the floor indicator above the reflective double doors.
Yes Los Requis knew where Sorenti was...the day Gabriel had sensed his Sire's slipping away, Los had arrived briefly in Cascadia. When Gabriel had gone to Giza, where he had last sensed his Sire's presence, his investigation had led him to Los Requis, who fled to New York City.
Even in New York Los's trail was easy enough to pick up, Gabriel betrayed by his own kind but fought through. In the end however Los had once again escaped. Fury enveloped Gabriel's thoughts...he was in Colombia...Los was in Colombia hiding. Whatever small satisfaction was gained by the idea of Los Requis hiding from him was overwhelmed by the melancholy curtain of depression brought by his Sire's disappearance.
He had employed agents globally, searching for clues to his Sire's whereabouts. He even had archaelogical dig sites in Egypt, digging up half the desert from any trace of Sorenti. His company that had stood strong for nearly two centuries was faultering. Even with his eighty percent control over the company, he couldn't hold the board off forever.
The cost was for once, too extravagant...yet even if it forced him into a life as a pauper, Gabriel would find his Sire....somehow. And he would find Los Requis...and when he did......
PING!
The doors of the elevator opened once more, and Gabriel founds himself reawakening from deep thought. His hands were curled tightly into fists, so tight that his nails had dug deep gashes into his palm. Small rivulets of blood flowed freely from his hands.
The other elevator passengers stood on the opposite side, staring at him nervously. The Ventrue shook his head and headed out into the hallway, the sound of frantic button pushing echoeing out from behind him.
Gabriel stopped at his large double door office and sighed. Another day of searching, inevidably turning up nothing. Like an eppiphany, the image of Sorenti speaking until dawn about Ventrue history sprang into Gabriel's mind. The vividness of Sorenti's face thrust a pang of pain into Gabriel's chest.
"Dear God....." he gasped and he pushed his way into his office. He strode across the plush blue carpet, dropping his folder as he crossed. The folder spilled to the ground, sending the papers within floating on the artificial breeze. Gabriel staggered slightly, leaning against his desk and then pushed himself to one of the large windows.
He thrust it open and sucked in the city air. His eyelids bolted open, his pale green eyes staring in amazement. He took in another breath through his nose....something was there.
Beneath the methane, gas fumes, fecal and urine, various foods, and an unending host of other scents....was something else. Sweet...strong...powerful. Somewhere in the city, Gabriel could smell his Sire's blood, covered by some type of metal...
Gabriel gasped and ran from his office, his secretary bolting to his side as he strode towards the elevator once more.
"Mr. O'Brien," she said mechanically, "you have an appointment with Mr..."
"Cancel it."
"But Mr. O'Brien..you.." Gabriel stopped mid step and turned to her, his face twisted into a mask of rage and fury.
"CANCEL IT!!!" he bellowed, his voice unworldly. The small woman's face drained white and she stepped back. Gabriel growled and head towards the elevator once more...determined to see the Prince about this, and then seek out the source of Sorenti's blood.....

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2002 9:29 pm Reply with quote
((Damn cool post Gabe :smile: ))

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2002 9:33 pm Reply with quote
Still sitting in the office ... Valek took out the document Adrianna gave him concerning the Prince Roxanna from LA ...looking at it he saw that the document Kiya gave him had all the details needed ... he also took out the document that Adrianna also gave him with the hunter adress on it ... Valek smiled evily .... saying " No one attacks a kindred of Cascadia and think they can get away with it ... " Valek said as he looked at the document of the Prince of LA ... knowing that it would be better to not cause any troubles between LA and Cascadia Valek had an idea ... he laughed evily as he tought about it .... his laughter could be heard in echoes in the office ....

[url]http://www.geocities.com/soc_valek_darkside/entrance.html[/url]

[ This Message was edited by: Valek on 2002-01-04 15:35 ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2002 2:46 am Reply with quote
((incredible posts all of you...and Gabe...wow....it never even crossed my mind you would pick up on Rhia's locket - sheer quality! :smile:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2002 7:19 am Reply with quote
((thx, guyz...if everyone's gonna run into this Rhia then i might as well make an appearance as well :smile:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2002 7:58 am Reply with quote
User avatarCaitiffPosts: 16Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 12:18 am
Looks awestruck, after helping dig she stood back, silent. She watched quietly as the two reunited.
"I'll leave you be for now Miss Rhiannon..."
She knew the name well and had heard it many times. She also showed the respect that came along with that name.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2002 9:49 am Reply with quote
User avatarGet your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 7Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:44 pm
Rhiannon tenderly cradled the battered body of her beloved sister. Jade's eyes focused upon her for the briefest of moments, her mouth moved to say her name, but no sound came out before Rhiannon saw her lose consciousness. She heard the lovely litling drawl of Diam as she excused herself. Rhiannon looked up at her, eyes shining, and gave her a raidant smile, one that seldom crossed her face as of late. She mouthed a silent, "Thank you." As Diam slowly started off Rhiannon called after her. She turned to face her, and Rhiannon gave her a mirthful smile. "I promise to come present myself when I am more presentable your grace." With that, she turned her attention back to Jade, dismissing Diam, and slowly brushed the grit and dirt from Jade's lovely face. Looking around to ensure their solitude, Rhiannon brought her wrist to her mouth, and easily punctured a small wound. She brought the now dripping wrist down to Jade's mouth, willing her to regain her consciousness, whilst stroking her hair with her free hand. She smiled confidently, knowing this could revive her beloved sister...after all, hadn't Sorenti brought her back from the brink of death in this same manner?

Offline Profile