<  Ancient Tomes  ~  A Private Moment

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2002 6:46 pm Reply with quote
Get your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 0Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 6:43 am
Trawsmar crouched and opened his wings as wide as he could in the cramped entryway. He knew he had advantages and disadvantages to a possible violent encounter in this situation. He knew that the sword would be useless against his stone-like skin but his mobility was extremely limited. Usually he would push off and grab his opponent with his taloned feet and whip them about with his tail until reaching a preferred altitude only to do a suicide dive ending in a somersault that would catapult the body at an extreme rate toward a solid or spiked object . . . obviously, that wouldn’t work in here.

"I am only here to protect Rhiannon, I have been watching over her for some time now." He stated to the stranger in hopes that the stranger would state his business and they could avoid the possible injuries that might occur. It also helped buy some time to think about other defense options.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2002 7:14 am Reply with quote
User avatarGet your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 7Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:44 pm
Rhiannon, with a swift and graceful movement, placed her hand on Valek's arm, lowering it somewhat forcefully. Then just as swiftly, she ran to the tall lumbering figure of the gargoyle and threw her arms around his neck. Her tears flowed easily, and she sobbed loudly. The gargoyle enfolded her within his wings with a tenderness that belied his size and menacing appearance, and he bowed his head to kiss the top of hers.....

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2002 10:06 pm Reply with quote
He squeezed his eyes shut, losing himself in the moment. He was unsure of what her reaction would be to seeing him after all these years. Too often he had seen kindred fall victim to their own evil, forgetting what they had come from or who they were. He feared she would blame him for anything that may have happened to her after he let her go. He knew that if anything had happened to her, even he would have blamed himself. But as he held her, all these fears fell and shattered.

Remembering that there was a madman with brandished weapon only feet away, his guardian instincts took over. He released Rhiannon and carefully moved her behind him and stepped forward, "Sheath your sword." he stated with his deep graveled voice, pointing his clawed finger directly at the stranger’s face. He was pointing to add to his threat but also as another direct defensive move. Most opponents will direct their attention to the closest physical threat losing site of anything else, making them feel the intimidation of the unknown. At least that is what Trawsmar hoped for in this case. He really did not want to have to battle this Kindred, after all, there were plenty unknowns about him as well. He would much prefer to settle this with words. But as it was, there was too much threat of the sword go unanswered. He had to also consider the well being of Rhiannon’s friend who still lay unconscious and in danger just a few feet away. "Do as I ask and speak your place here."

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2002 5:23 am Reply with quote
Valek smirked ... " Like if i was going to harm her "

Valek looked at the Gargoyle and Rhiannon , this gargoyle and her looked like if they have been friends for a long time , one thing came to Valek's mind at this moment ... and it was " How in hell can a gargoyle and a kindred stand each other "

Valek looked in the gargoyle's eyes ... his own eyes turning back from the demonic ones to normal ...

Valek sheeted (sp?) his sword and smiled evily and said

" I am Valek from Clan Cappadocian ... and Prince of Cascadia .... it is quite unusual to see some of your kind around here ... and you being friends with a kindred makes me wonder quite a few things .... now explain me the following ... why are you here .... "

Valek waited arms crossed not moving ..

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2002 7:01 am Reply with quote
User avatarGet your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 7Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:44 pm
Rhiannon left the safety of Trawsmar's arms, smiling at Valek, and hugged him gently. "Don't worry Valek, Connie and I have been friends since I was a child, before I was even made Kindred..in fact it was Connie who saved me by seeking out my sire. He is my bes......" Rhiannon suddenly turned sharply, looking at Trawsmar, whom she had nicknamed Connie at the age of 8..."Connie...what the hell ARE you doing here?"

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2002 8:55 am Reply with quote
Trawsmar stood with his finger still pointing when the stranger finally spoke, "Like if I was going to harm her." he said with a smirk. As his eyes shifted and he sheathed his sword, Trawsmar lowered his arm back to his side, wrapped his wings back around himself, and smiled. The stranger then continued, "I am Valek from Clan Cappadocian ... " Trawsmar tilted his head in thought, he was not familiar with this clan, "and Prince of Cascadia ...." Valek continued, "It is quite unusual to see some of your kind around here ... and you being friends with a kindred makes me wonder quite a few things .... now explain me the following ... why are you here .... "

Rhiannon then stepped forward and began to explain to Valek their history when she stopped mid sentence and turned back toward him, "Connie...what the hell ARE you doing here?"

He looked down to Rhiannon and smiled. A strong warmth came over him. "I have dreamt of hearing the name Connie cross your lips again." He shifted his weight nervously trying to find the right words to answer the query they placed before him. "Well . . . I happened to be reminiscing of our times past the night you came back home to the crypt."

Rhiannon’s jaw opened slightly, as if she had a million thoughts to speak. "You were there that night?"

"I stayed with you, watching over you, while you healed." Trawsmar knelt down in front of her to see into her eyes as well as to find a more comfortable position in the still cramped area, "When the other came that last night, I felt I was going to lose you once again . . . and I couldn’t let that happen. So I decided I would leave what I knew, and follow you. And now I am here, with you . . ." He looked around the room at both Valek and the one Rhiannon had dug out of the ground and who was now staring back at him, "and already I have seen stranger things than anything in my life." He laughed for a second and placed his hand lightly on her shoulder, glancing to Valek then back to her, "I pray I am welcome here."

[ This Message was edited by: Trawsmar on 2002-01-19 03:01 ]

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2002 8:33 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGet your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 0Joined: Sun May 04, 2003 11:21 pm
((Aww the love of a Garg. :smile:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2002 12:59 am Reply with quote
User avatarCaitiffPosts: 16Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 12:18 am
((VALEK VALEK VALEK... CAN WE KEEP HIM!?!?!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2002 8:00 am Reply with quote
(( Going to post as soon as i come back from work tomorrow :smile: ))

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2002 7:31 am Reply with quote
Valek kept a safe distance between him and this Gargoyle ..

Valek smiled evily again and said " I do trust her " Valek said as he pointed Rhiannon ... " But give me a good reason to trust you ... and then maybe ill think of saying a yes ... "

Valek crossed his arms ... waiting for an answer ... still keeping a safe distance between him and the Gargoyle ...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2002 11:13 pm Reply with quote
Trawsmar squinted his eyes in disappointment to Valek’s comment. It seemed odd to him that this man, who stated that he was the Prince of the city, would prefer to take such a stance. He would understand if it had been solely the two of them alone somewhere, but Rhiannon had spoken for him, their history and relationship had been given. In most circles, a friend of another is welcomed into the new fold and treated with, in the least, equality of some kind. The only logical explanation was that Rhiannon was not trusted, no matter what Valek had stated, and they were not welcome in his city.

"There are no words that I can give you that may earn your trust. I think you know this, if you didn’t, you would either be a fool or have met final death by now. I do not believe you are a fool, so you are asking me to do the impossible with only one obvious outcome, failure."

Trawsmar looked down to Rhiannon and sighed, looked back to Valek, "If you do not trust the words of this girl, who I have witnessed is known by you, then I believe we are not wanted here by you." With those words he looked to Rhiannon and turned to leave.

[ This Message was edited by: Trawsmar on 2002-01-27 17:16 ]

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2002 7:59 am Reply with quote
Valek smiled evily and said

" I did said i trusted her ... "

The Gargoyle turned back to look at Valek

-Valek- " And i was also testing your temper toward this whole situation ... you are indeed welcome to stay .... BUT ... before everything else ... there is someone that BOTH of you need to meet ... "

Valek waited for their answers ....

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2002 8:13 am Reply with quote
Valek turned back hearing another voice , Valek then noticed Jade standing and said " Who are you ..... "

Valek looked toward the gargoyle and Jade waiting to see who would answer first .