<  Ancient Tomes  ~  Grand Opening. Welcome to the World of Corruption

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2001 9:03 pm Reply with quote
Gabriel made his way down the crowded barline back towards Kathy and Echoe. They sat chatting somewhat happily. Kathy swirled her drink in her hand elagantly as Echoe sat on the talbe listening to her intently.
He was going to have to pay his body guards extra tonight...they certainly were busy in here. Graventhorp grumbled something from behind but Gabriel paid little attention this time, his friend was always grumbling something.
As he approached the table he noticed Misty walking up smiling.
"Evening Misty." he called out over the thumping beat. He grabbed Kathy firmly by the waste and leaned in, giving her a peck on the lips.
"Hiya Gabriel." Misty chirped merrily, "Mind if I sit?"
"Sit...sit...sit.." Echoe chimed. Misty smiled slightly and sat down.
"So Misty," Kathy said, her lips drawn into a small smile from his kiss, "what do you think of this place?" Misty glanced around taking it in.
"I've seen worse." she said with a smile.
Gabriel glanced around and noticed Isis making her normal rounds. He raised his hands and snapped a finger trying to signal her. His bodyguards took a step forward and Gabriel had to shoo them away.
Isis made her way through the crowd towards them, cupping her ear as she approached.
"WHERE'S THE VIP LOUNGE?" Gabriel called out.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2001 9:54 pm Reply with quote
User avatarMalkavianPosts: 0Location: San Francisco Bay AreaJoined: Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:52 am
(Im taking it that there is a VIP lounge, hope you dont mind Isis)
Isis danced her way across to them, and nodded as she heard Gabriel ask about the VIP lounge.
"of course we have a VIP lounge, what sort of hostess do you take me for?"
Kathy nudged Gabriel as she saw him about to reply with some comment about setites.
"an excellent one , Isis, this place is really very nice,but its very noisy, and we would like to go to the VIP room if thats ok with you ?" kathy smiled as she spoke.
Isis smiled back and led them ((i dont know where it is Isis so.....

Two men stood guarding the door and as they saw Isis approach , they bowed slightly to her and opened the double doors.
"this is the cloakroom " Isis said as she led them through into a small area.
Isis led them down a corridor and towards some heavily engraved gold doors, as she approached them they swung open and she stood back.
" this is the VIP lounge" she watched their faces as they walked into the large room.
In the centre of the room stood a gold fountain, the water flowing down it onto what looked like large gold stones.
scattered around the room in groups were large soft leather sofas pulled round gold small tables.

((ughh ill ..need a drink ...hope thats ok Isis:)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2001 2:24 am Reply with quote
Drain watch with distaste as the City gangrel picked a fight.. What sort of way was that for a protector of the masquerade to act, And to then have the bouncers dragged off..... The Nosferatu wanted to followed the little party into the back, but he first made sure noone was watching to intently.
One well dressed woman was writing something down on a note pad. Drain slipped up behind her and Breathed on her face. She started coughing, at that momnet the nosferatu snatched the pen from her fingers.

The lady looked around and then started looking at the floor. Looking for her gold pen. She put the note pad on the bar table for a second. That was all it took. Drain snatched the book and slipped into the crowd.

The Nosferatu made his way to the bathroom and took up a stall. when he was alone he took the time to read the pad.

It was a review of the club. she was a reporter... She took note of the obvious dispute with the bartender, and the swiftness that it had been handled. One side note was to find out who the well dressed gentalmen with the aura of Power was. He handled himself with the ease of someone who ordered ppl around all of his life. And yet she didn't know who he was.

There was a knock on the bathroom stall.. some poor bastard. Drain Climbed up on back of the toilet and waited while the man relived himself. When he was finnished and about to leave the stall the Nosferatu hit him on the back of the head. He held the man up making as little noise as possible. Then he drank his fill of the poor bastard, leaving him lying on the floor. The bathroom had remained empty the whole time.
Drain grabbed a half glass of beer from the sink and poured in at the feet of the man. With his tracks covered he left, To find the others.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2001 3:24 am Reply with quote
((okie, i'll have to do it tomorrow morning... going to see lord of the rings. 'til then...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2001 3:37 am Reply with quote
(( I wan't to see it too. so don't go and spoil the ending for me LOL

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2001 3:42 am Reply with quote
Batgirl did not have a good relationship with the Setites. She still believed the Followers of Set responsible for Karmina's kidnapping so many months ago. She left the comfort and security of her haven, arriving at the Elysium a short time later. It was deserted.

With a heavy sigh she went back to town. "Know thy enemy" She thought as she approached the Set nightclub. "I suppose I can just have a look..."

The doors opened to her. Pulling her cape about her shoulders, she cautiously stepped inside.

~batty~

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2001 8:43 am Reply with quote
Misty walked with the others heading back to the back of the bar. With a backwareds glance she noticed an attractive woman having a coughing fit by one of the small tables. She followed Isis in past the gold doors. The room was beautiful but gaudy. Like someone putting everything pretty on one shelf in a house.. it was to much. But then again everyone else seemed to like it, So maybe it was just her opinion and she should keep it to herself.
"OOH i love it Isis" Was all that came out of her mouth.

"Thank you misty, it might not be your style but i like it" said Isis " I was booking parties for this room even befor i opened the bar. " :smiled thinking of the easy money.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2001 11:23 am Reply with quote
The music was loud... very loud. She kept her cape on, the hood over her eyes. She intended to find a familar face, preferrably not that of a Setite before leaving again.

She moved towards the bar, avoiding the throngs of dancers that seemed to occupy every available space.

Pushing her way forward she finally reached the bar and took the only available seat. Ignoring the bar tender dressed in an almost comical Egyptian costume, she stared hard into the crowd. Wasn't there anyone here she knew?

((btw, I watched 'National Lampoon' tonight... and guess what Clark ordered?? A REDEYE!! PMSL!!

~batty~

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2001 4:21 pm Reply with quote
User avatarCappadocianPosts: 1Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 3:14 am
[i:803359ecad]"nice place... nice people... nice... hum... bouncers??"[/i:803359ecad]
orion looked at the first huge guy standing there and letting just a few people enter. he looked around and tried to find a way in. not easy... hum... but with a little distraction...
a guy started shouting at the bouncers something. as he started running, the guy closing his way as busy enough to don't realize that orion was entering the place, trying to call less attention as possible. however, he was caught by the doorman, that was really unhappy that moment.
[i:803359ecad]"hey, little bastard, where the hell do you think you are going??"
"what?? i've come here to get some fresh air. it's really hot inside"
"what the hell you are talking about?? you were trying to get in!!"
"my friend, i've been in there for more than half an hour. now if you excuse me, i'll go inside... doormans... humpf"[/i:803359ecad]
orion went inside looking with an arrogant face at the doorman. this act was not the best of his life, but it worked. his orange eyes shining with the lights, he entered, leaving his coat on the entrance and joining the crowd. he could see that some people were not dancing. and the only people that go to that kind of place not to dance aren't normal, or are kindred. he moved on to the bar, and arriving there, he approached to the barman.
[i:803359ecad]"whisky on the rocks. double shot."
"yes sir, in a second"[/i:803359ecad]
so far, so good. he had a few dollars in his pocket, and they should be enough for the night. as he looked at his side, he saw a few people sitting on a dark corner table. he looked at them and waited.

http://www.geocities.com/laura_de_lhiver/index3.html
Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2001 6:43 pm Reply with quote
PussyPosts: 2Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2003 1:06 am
"I don't know. Guess that I'm tired of all the prissy rich daddy's boys that I hang around with."
The kindred sighed. "Well, go look for a fuckin' horny gothdude and stay away from me."
The girl smiled. That's as far as Thorp could take. His mind reeled for a way out of this one without compromising Masquerade. He then sniffed a familiar scent, Batgirl!
He turned around and spotted her sitting not far away.
"Come on old man, let's dance." The girl giggled turning Thorp's head around with her delicate, warm, blood-filled hands.
"Old Man!?" Thorp hissed. He had been embraced at 19, how could he be old...for a kine.
"Well, yeah, aren't you like 40, or 45? I mean you have all the gray hair and all..."
"Grey hai... ah." Thorp remembered his new look, thick, coarse shoulder-length hair. Wolflike hair, that had happened when he had gone garou with Lupus Mortis. He had tried cutting the hair, it was uncomfortable, but it grew back to original size in a matter of hours.
"My date is 'ere." Thorp mumbled and stood up.
"Date?" The girl followed Thorp with her eyes and noticed the cloaked woman. "Oh, man." The girl whined. "If I would've taken that wierdo home father would've had a fit. Damn it." The girl merged into the dancing crowd.
"Fuckin' bitch." Thorp mumbled as he sat next to the Cappadocian in a newly empty seat (the seat's occupant had smelled Thorp and decided to leave).
"Hello, Thorp." Batgirl greeted under her hood.
"Hiya. Wunt ale?"
"No, thank you. How long have you been here?"
"Too long." Thorp grumbled, searching for a bartender, but they all seemed busy, apparently they had discovered their peer's almost dead body under the bar.
"Jesus, I think his skull is broken!" Thorp heard over the music.
"You know about that?" Batgirl asked, staring at the group around the body.
"Who? Me? Naaah." Thorp smiled.
"What he do? Give you expensive beer?"
"Nah, I would've killed 'im for that, the fucker spit in me ale."
Batgirl smiled and looked around.
"So, who's here?"
"Well, Gabe, the torrie he's fucking and a very nice Malkie were sittin' on that table there," he pointed it out with a nod "but dunno where they are now, that fuckin' prissy kine distracted me. Uh, the snake who own tis hell-hole's here, I think I sniffed Drain, but not sure 'bout that," he shrugged "that's all I knows, haven't bein' payin' 'ttention."
She nodded.
((you continue this Bats, or someone else jump in...))

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2001 7:10 pm Reply with quote
(( a little clairafication... Vanishf forom the minds eye means that there is no trace of me left in the mind..... SO no scent unless i decide on it. No blury motion, unless i decide on it. ect ect...

(( and i went and DLed the song that Isis mentioned in her first post.. it rocks, creepy but cool.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2001 7:27 pm Reply with quote
((That's why I said "but I'm not sure 'bout that", could've been Lazarus that Thorp smelled, or some really dirty guy that lives in the sewers with a cigar...or maybe Drain didn't really care coveing his scent or not since he was hiding from the humans? Dunno, lotsa possibilities))

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2001 7:43 pm Reply with quote
Isis shows the group around the lucious conference room.
"I hope this best suits your needs. I showed this to Valek and he seemed duely pleased.", she says with a broad smile.
She stands there waiting for some more comments from the entourage.

((sorry, i'll write more later... i have xmas stuff to take care of today... :grin: i'll definitely write some more later this afternoon.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2001 7:48 pm Reply with quote
Gabriel walked into the VIP room and took a mental price list. The sofas were of somewhat questionable quality, although they were a near similarity to the expensive Asian furniture he was used to. The stitch pattern however was all wrong.
Paintings of undoubted value hung on the wall, few Gabriel recognized however. Rugs of Middle Eastern influence blanketed the wood panel floors. Gabriel smiled and glanced at the overall architecture of the room.
The group of Kindred stood just inside the room, amid large double doors. Three walls displayed various types of artwork, the furthest most wall holding a large Sony Vega Television. A crystal coffee table, although somewhat tacky, was poised perfectly in reach of all the chairs. Books of ancient Egyptian culture were stacked neatly. A large fountain had been placed in the middle of the room, it was a bit much, but a good effort.
The wall to their right was a window onto the dancefloor below, where the Kine could be seen throbbing in a rhythmic mass. Gabriel smiled slightly and walked over to the nearest chair, taking a seat.
He watched as Kathy glided over the floor with an astounding elegance. Echoe followed her, glancing around somewhat nervously. Misty stood in the doorway, obviously not knowing exactly what to do with such extravagance.
Gabriel sighed at the uncomfortable chair and stood up, making his way to the window. He glanced over the mass of people, recognizing few here and there as employees of rival firms. Just faces without names, probably be fired soon anyway.
He glanced at the bar and noticed the Former Prince sitting next to Graventhorp. Glancing towards the door he noticed two new faces. The ancient Roman Caitiff Marcus was here, he walked with his hands over his ears. Another gentleman, with sparkling orange eyes, walked in slowly glancing about.
"Hmmmmm..."

((okies :smile:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2001 8:05 pm Reply with quote
((is that a one-way window? sound proof room?)9

Offline Profile