<  Ancient Tomes  ~  Marcus Arrives In Cascadia

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2001 4:40 am Reply with quote
User avatarEndeavor Mod LeaderPosts: 142Location: Lacey, WAJoined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:35 am
((Ok, here goes ... this dates back like a week ago, so Marcus has technicly been in Cascadia for that long, just recovering))

It was bitterly cold outside. The dark figure who was wearing what looked like bone shaped metal armor broke free of the metal shipping container. He glanced breifly at the symbols on it (The Mississippi Shipping Co. Symbol), then looked around at the bizzarre buildings. The figure grunted as he walked towards the dirty water that the boat was moored in. There was a large drop to reach the water, but the thirst was too strong. He removed his mail then took hold of the large rope hanging from the boat. Lowering himself towards the water he kicked away the large clump of filth that was below him and then held onto the rope with one hand and reached into the water with the other. He scooped up the dirty water into his mouth and drank as much as he could before vomiting because of the disgusting taste. The burning thirst in the back of his throat was excrutiating, and so he climbed back up the rope and onto the peir. He picked up his mail and walked down the road in search of sustinance before he collapsed. After turning the corner he was nearly run down some tpye of giant moving anvill. He jumped back looking utterly shocked. At that moment he turned around sharply and saw a small back furry creature staring at him through the darkness, it squeeked, but the message going through the mans head was "Chase the rat ... CHASE THE RAT!" And as if controlled by some other power he lurched on top of it before it retreated into its home behind the fence. He sunk his teeth into its flesh and roughly sucked out every drop of blood below its skin. He grunted loudly then threw it away, "What have I become!?" he said to himself. Then at that instant, a man with yellow-blonde hair, a black coat and a red tie approached him. The man cleared his voice loudly, and the other man on the ground turned ovr and picked himself up.

((::does the high voice: OOOOHHHH! GAAA-AAA-AABE!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2001 5:11 am Reply with quote
((Nice post man :smile: ))

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2001 7:24 pm Reply with quote
Gabriel approached the man who stood on the docks looking somewhat perplexed. He was certainly dressed in odd clothing, even for a stowaway. Several sheets of blue cloth hung from his body, his sandals were thin and strapped up the outside of his leg. He held some type of platemale in his left hand.
Gabriel looked him over curiously, clearing his throat as he did so. Slowly he stepped forward.
"Enjoy your trip?" he asked, preparing to call the police. The man only stared at him and began speaking in a strange language. Gabriel listened carefully...some type of Latin. Strange dialect though. He placed his hand lightly on the mans arm. "Perhaps you should come with me."
An ancient sword swung on the mans hip, Gabriel recognized it immediantly as authentic. He leaned down and stared at it.
"My God....where did you get this?" he asked. The man looked down at him and took a step away. Gabriel realized there was something strange about this one....

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2001 9:25 pm Reply with quote
User avatarEndeavor Mod LeaderPosts: 142Location: Lacey, WAJoined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:35 am
((ty Valek))

Marcus watched the man admire the sword, then replied to his question in English, but with a thick accent, and a very old speech style, "Thine Claymore ... t'was forged by my father, Andruedus Fidelitus." He then drew it extremely quickly from the tattered leather shealth. The man on his knees stood upright and quickly moved his hand to his thigh where his pistol was holdstered, but stopped when he saw the man in front of him swing it downwards so it was resting upside down in his hand. He then threw it a few inches into the air, caught it by the blade, and outstretched his hand to the man in front of him. He took the sword with his left hand and examined it with a puzzled look on his face.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2001 3:21 pm Reply with quote
Gabriel let his hand fall from the hilt of his pistol as he took a step forward and examined the ancient claymore. The man's clothes seemed authentic as well...where could he have gotten them?
"Come my friend," Gabriel said, "allow me to extend my hospitality to you." Gabriel led the man to his car. After a brief explanation the two climbed into the limousine.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2001 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Marcus walked slowing and awkwardly into the limousine, and looked around it while the strange man shut the door. He felt the car pick up speed and jumped slightly, "Horseless carrages!" he exclaimed.
The man beside him chuckled slightly.

Nothing matters no one else
I have lost the will to live
Simply nothing more to give
There is nothing more for me
Need the end to set me free

[ This Message was edited by: Marcus Fidelitus on 2001-12-14 15:43 ]

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2001 12:36 am Reply with quote
User avatarLasombraPosts: 25Joined: Sun May 11, 2003 2:04 pm
((Great post ::wishes he could post that good:: and welcome back. Hope to see you more in game.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2001 12:50 am Reply with quote
((Heh, thx man. I'll be on as soon as we get this into thing done :smile: