<  Ancient Tomes  ~  Fate, LA style

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2001 1:32 am Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
The two vampire men pulled roughly on Adrianna’s chain, dragging her forward into a large marble room. She had tried several times to use her disciplines to help her escape, but every time she tried the stronger of the two would take over her mind and make her forget.
“God I didn’t do anything,” she protested, but each time she did they reminded her to keep her mouth shut by smacking the back of her head with their hand.

Annoyed and mistreated, she was happy to stop moving. She looked around the room and saw that the walls were lined with dozens of vampires, each group representing one of the clans of Los Angeles. As she figured there wasn’t anyone to represent the Lasombra. She felt something drip on her blouse and she looked down to see what it was. Drops of blood were all down her front, leaving splatter marks on the fabric. She felt her lip where one of the vamp guards had punched her and found the wound was bleeding again.

“Kneel slut,” she felt a push from behind and she fell forward nearly being throttled by the choker chain around her neck.

“Hey!

“Is this the one who killed my lover?”
Adrianna looked up to see a well-dressed woman sitting on a throne above her.

“It is her my lady Roxanne, we found her at the bus station trying to lure a child away into the shadows.”

“I was not, he lost his mother…” she felt that open hand strike the back of her head again causing her to bite her tongue. She grabbed her mouth and choked back the tears trying not to show just how frightened she really was.

“This can’t be the one, she looks to pathetic…” Roxanne stood and took a step forward looking Adrianna over a second time. “Yes, she is just the type Jules would embrace. I can see that now.” She sat down with an arrogant smile.

Adrianna wanted to speak, but her fangs had bite deep into her tongue and her mouth was filling with blood.
“Do you know what you’ve done?”
Adrianna shook her head and swallowed her own blood. It almost gagged her to do it, but she managed to keep it down. For some reason it tasted stale, as if being inside her had made it used up. It seemed funny that she could drink blood from people, even other vamps and not have that stale taste, but drinking her own blood was repulsive.

“You have broken our laws my dear. You have killed a kindred and elder of this city. You have even breached the masquerade and if that were not enough, you’ve brought the Sabbat back to our city. All of these crimes are punishable by death and that’s what’s going to happen to you.”

At the word death Adrianna looked up into Roxanne’s eyes. She has cold and arrogant looking eyes, if she had any humanity in her at all it had died out centuries ago. She forced herself to stand and she opened her mouth to speak, but first she looked at the guard who had been hitting her to make sure he wasn’t gonna slap her again. But before she could say a word a Gangrel stepped up beside her and faced Roxanne.
“My lady, do you mean to go back on your promise?”
Roxanne raised an eyebrow and compressed her lips into a frown, but that arrogance remained in her eyes and it seemed to spark something deep inside. “ I will send a letter to your prince expressing our gratitude in the form of a healthy reward. As well you will be compensated for your part in helping us with our hunt…”

“That was not my understanding of the deal my lady,” growled the Gangrel.
“What is there to understand? Your duty is finished, return to your city and leave the matter of politics to the hierarchy.”

Adrianna looked at the Gangrel, but she had never seen him before. He turned and caught her looking at him and for a brief moment she thought she could see compassion in his eyes. “Sorenti will hear of this,” He whispered.
Not soon enough she thought. She wanted to go with him back to Cascadia. It seemed like a lifetime ago that she had walked the streets of that city. She wondered if she would ever see the bridge again, she so loved watching the water flow beneath it on a moon lit night. A tear formed behind her eyes forcing her to look away. She watched a single drop fall to the floor and she held the rest back. I will not cry she told herself.
“Take this little witch to the sun tower, there she can await the dawn.” Exclaimed Roxanne.

Adrianna reached out and touched the Gangrel’s arm. “Do me one favor, please, please… make sure that Calvin is taken care of.”
The Gangrel looked confused, but nodded just the same. The guards grabbed Adrianna’s arms and drug her from the room and took her to a high glass tower where she could see the night sky. They pushed her hard forcing her to trip and fall to the floor and then they locked the door behind her.
undefined

[ This Message was edited by: Adrianna on 2001-11-12 19:38 ]

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2001 5:12 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
She always wanted a room with a view, of course she never thought it would be like this. No matter which way she turned she could see the sky and the city lights below, it was breath taking.

If this really was the end, she wished she had, a pen and paper to write a note. Not that she had anything to leave any body, but she would have liked to have gotton a chance to say good bye.
Her thoughts turned to Calvin. poor Calvin he was really all alone now. She wondered how he was doing. The idea came to her that if she was gonna die, it would be good to leave him her blood, at least that would get him by until he found a new vamp to take care of.
But there was nothing in the room to put even a cup full of blood in. there were no tables, chairs, nothing. She turned her attention to the window again and looked out at the city... nothing but a perfect view of the sun raise.

[ This Message was edited by: adrianna on 2001-11-13 14:27 ]

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2001 9:23 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 16Location: San FranciscoJoined: Mon Nov 03, 2003 2:32 am
((when most people say great work its just a ploy to get another click to thier posts...but...this is really compelling stuff...great...your not going to die are you?

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2001 1:53 am Reply with quote
This was all Jules fault, she thought. If she had to hate anyone it was Jules. He was responsible for the mess no question about it. She leaned against the window and looked at the city lights. It looked so peaceful out there; it seemed hard to believe that such things as vampires really exist. But they were there too, hanging out in dark shadows, lurking in parks, pretending to be mortals, and hanging out in bars just waiting for the desperate or the horny to walk willingly into a corner with the monster. How pathetic we all are.

She turned away; she really didn’t know what to do with herself. Part of her wanted to break down and cry, but the other part was happy to know that vampires really didn’t live forever. And somehow she felt relieved she would be rid of Jules once and for all.

She sat down in the center of the room and pulled her knees up close to her chest. She wondered if the sun was gonna hurt, or if it would be so quick she wouldn’t feel a thing. She didn’t want it to hurt, she just wanted it over with, but deep down inside she knew it would hurt. That’s what they wanted, this was vengeance and nothing else.

(more later)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2001 3:13 am Reply with quote
(( im still waiting for Valek to make the damn game lol

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2001 3:18 am Reply with quote
It seemed cruel what they were doing to her. If they wanted her dead so bad why din't they just kill her or something. she wouldn't make a sound she wouldn't beg or cry. She couldn't think of that anymore, she could feel the tears about ready to pour out of her eyes and even if they really couldn't see her she felt they were watching her.

This was about her sire, she had the wrong one. One who didn't care about childre, who embraced an army of vamps just to effect some change.

Most other vampires get to have good sires, she thought. At least that's the way it looked.

She thought about the vampires she had met in Cascadia and she smiled.

Cain was sorta grumpy most of the time, but somehow he seemed like he could be a sweet guy. He did give her that money that time so she could pay her rent.
Her eyes got big when she realized she hadn't paid him back. Her mind started to race with how she would explain it wasn't her fault, and that she would pay him back and... It was all just silly to think that.
She would never pay him back or see any of her friends again.

The tears started and she couldn't stop them any longer. she was haunted with the memories of all the things she had done in cascadia.

She could see Sorenti standing over her when she turned herself in for causing the problems with jessica. She thought he was gonna kill her then, but he seemed to understand. He almost seemed like a father that night, when he sent her to a room and made her stay on restriction for nearly a month. The thought at first gave her a slite giggle and then she cried even harder.

She remembered Drain like an uncle, always smoking those nasty cigars, always looking at her with those eyes. She didn't mind the way he looked at her, it made her feel special like she was the only person in the world he ever looked at like that. If she could have given him a picture she would have given him a million,But lasombra don't photo very well. She wondered how he was doing and if he even noticed she was gone. He was always there to cheer her up when things got her down, he would have been a great sire she sobbed.

She thought of Roffellos he always tried so hard with girls. She giggled when she thought of his sexy pecks sticking out of his shirt, and how he blushed when he saw her naked that time. He was such a pervo, but he was such a sweet heart too.

The crying started all over agian, she would never see them again.

Her hand touched the floor and she felt something. It felt like a thick dust or powered. She stopped and looked at it. the floor was covered with it in some places. Whitish gray mounds were every where. They looked like mounds of ashes from a fire. They looked like...

She let out an ear peircing scream and darted toward the door. She bagged on it and cried out for help because for the first time she knew that this was for real.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2001 3:34 am Reply with quote
User avatarLasombraPosts: 25Joined: Sun May 11, 2003 2:04 pm
((oh well...if that's the way it goes nothing can stop it.
((and about that picture and mirror thing, remember that drawing a made for you??

((P.S.Sorry about my signiture...it's not the greatest for your situation:~

[ This Message was edited by: Ryan Night on 2001-11-14 21:38 ]

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2001 5:14 am Reply with quote
:::giggles::: yes i do remember the drawing that's mine, drain can't have it.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2001 5:15 am Reply with quote
:::giggles::: yes i do remember the drawing that's mine, drain can't have it.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2001 6:23 am Reply with quote
((don't worry Adrianna....we'll save you!!! and if you aren't saved....well...well.... ::Cries::

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2001 5:21 pm Reply with quote
((Ryan's all for the saving thing Gabe....but you came up with the plan...and if we cant save her.....no...no I wont think like that....WE WILL SAVE ADRIANNA!

::gets on his knees and prays for the first time in a LONG time::

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2001 8:26 pm Reply with quote
((yeah but HOW? how do we know she's in LA...and plus Gabe is in Cairo!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2001 8:55 pm Reply with quote
((It's not my fault you poked you nose into Sorenti's bussiness and got stuck in Cairo.
((hmmm....how would Ryan know that she's in L.A....how would anyone know for that matter??

[ This Message was edited by: Ryan Night on 2001-11-15 14:56 ]

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2001 9:17 pm Reply with quote
(( urm ill help save Adrianna beocouse for some reason i touched something that belonged to adriann for some reason and my Malkavian powers gave me premonitions of her being in L.A. and about to die?

does that sound good LMAO...... well dont die... ::Cries:: someone else get a better idea....)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2001 9:38 pm Reply with quote
((sounds good to me.::plays the cavalry theme:: ...Unless someone DOES have a better idea.

(( :eek: Mark and Ryan working together??? cool maybe we might actually start to tolerate or maybe dare I say it...like each other on a friendship level???lol

Offline Profile