<  Ancient Tomes  ~  Diam's Past

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2001 9:58 pm Reply with quote
User avatarCaitiffPosts: 16Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 12:18 am
A little girl sits in her room in her home. Reading a book. Yes, she could read. Her family thought her some kind of evil. A 5 year old girl in the 1800's that could read? Well... that isn't right.

A teenage girl sits in her room in the nunnery. Reading a book. Yes, she was in a nunnery. Her family thought it best. A 14 year old girl in the 1900's in a nunnery.
Well... that is right.

Her name was Diana La Beaux. She was from New Orleans. Born 1891 to Christian and Leanne La Beaux. By age 5 she was reading the bible. She was a pious little girl and frighteningly smart. She was sent to a nunnery when she was 14 and stayed there until she was torn from her world by tradgedy... Well maybe.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2001 9:59 pm Reply with quote
((Yeah... so Valek, I couldn't think of another French name for a guy... so I used yours. LoL... and there is more to come. I'm just gonna write it bit by bit until you all can come into the story. :0)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2001 10:01 pm Reply with quote
((Very COOL :smile: cant wait to read more :smile:

And no prob for the name its all good :smile:))

[url]http://www.geocities.com/soc_valek/entrance.html[/url]

[ This Message was edited by: Valek on 2001-10-13 17:53 ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2001 4:24 am Reply with quote
(( Very nice post ... *can't wait for more*

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2001 5:13 am Reply with quote
Tradgedy. It's a funny thing. In some ways it is bad. In other ways it could be the best thing that ever happened to you in your life.

When she was 19 her world was turned up side down. She was sitting in the graveyard, one night, painting the most beautiful sunset.

A man walked into the cemetary, his face very pale, his eyes were almost black, and his bald head was covered in tribal tattoo's. He walked around for a little, reading gravestones.

When she had become aware of his presence she had slipped a knife she used for pencil sharpening up the sleeve of her habit.

He finally came around behind her, she seemed not to notice him as she painted.

He asked her if she liked sunsets.
"Why, of course I do? Otherwise, why would I paint them?"
"Do you paint them often?"
"As often as I have the supplies to."
"I will bring you supplies and you will paint me the most beautiful sunset."
"I would be happy to. But you must not tell then nuns that I even spoke to you."

He smiles in an enchanting way, her eyes widened and she smiled back.

"Don't worry my young friend, I will not tell the nuns that you spoke to me. Meet me here tomorrow night. I will give you the materials. Then I will give you a month, paint me a sunset for each day. Then when that month is over I will see if you are really as in love with the sunset as you say you are."

She smiled very wide then nodded, thinking to herself,"How could I pass by the opportunity to paint a sunset every night for a month!!??"

He put his hand out, it was very cold in hers.

"I will see you tomorrow young Diana."
"How did you....?"

But he was already gone.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2001 5:19 am Reply with quote
((Nice VERY nice :smile: ))

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2001 8:08 am Reply with quote
User avatarBrujahPosts: 16Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire, UKJoined: Fri Aug 08, 2003 12:39 am
very nice, yes, very nice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2001 9:34 am Reply with quote
((wonderful wrighting.....love the story :smile: ))

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2001 12:30 am Reply with quote
The next evening Diana sat in the graveyard paciently. Her thoughts filled with the strange man that she had met the night before. She sat drawing gravestones with her rought piece of charcoal she had stolen from the fire in her room. Art was forbidden in the convent, but it ran through her veins like fire.

The man walked up slowly, she could not tell from what entrance he had appreared.

"What is your name sir? I would like to know before I work for you."
"Garrette, that is my name, and on any night when you need me just call it out. I have taken a liking to you young Diana. Here."

He handed her 31 peices of a very fine material used by the richest and most famous artists. There was also a set of black paint brushes with fine horse hair tips, all in a black wooden case embossed with a perfect siloette of a red rose. Along with that he handed her an easel and two sets of oil paint.

"Here my young Diana. Take these and create for me the most realistic and magical painting of the sunset that you can. You have 31 days. I will come back for you on all hallows eve."

She nodded, excited at all of the wonderful materials she had been supplied.

"But... where shall I hide them?!"
"Here."

He pointed to a crypt and handed her a key. There was only a rose on the door.

"Do not go any further into the crypt than 5 steps, put your materials in the front corner by the door, lest you die walking in any more."
"Yes sir Garrette. I will do as you say."
"Good my young Diana."

He softly kissed her forehead, his lips burning with a strange icy fire on her skin.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2001 1:59 am Reply with quote
((This is really good :smile: cant wait for the next part :smile: ))

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2001 7:03 am Reply with quote
The next evening passed, so did the next... Every night she painted another sunset. Only once or twice did she call for Garrette, and when she did... he came. Every convorsation was full of art history, and how to get your colors to come out right and how to make things just right so you feel like they are alive.

The final night came...

"So, my young Diana..."
"Yes Sir Garrette?"
"I shall choose this one."

He looked at them all again, then agreed with himself that that was the one he wanted.

"The one that you painted yesterday."
"Why that one?"
"Because... you will want the one that you painted tonight."

She looked confused. He smiled to her.

"You are a beautiful young woman Diana... your skin is of the richest milk, your hair the deepest onyx, eyes the color of the meadow streams gleaming in the sun, lips of ruby. Come... be with me... I will never abandon you. We will live in the night forever. Together."

She looked scared, then he put his hand on hers and took her over to the crypt where she had stored her art supplies. They walked deep and deeper in, going down winding stairs and walls all covered in paintings of sunsets and sunrises.... all from where she had been sitting when he first met her.

"There..."
He pointed to a painting.
"That was my best one."

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2001 7:04 am Reply with quote
((I'm sorry.. cliffhanger... and I'm really sleepy.. more tomorrow!))

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2001 7:06 am Reply with quote
((Very AWESOME post nice work again
I cant wait to see more :smile: ))

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2001 7:09 am Reply with quote
(( iam loving your story keep it up :grin: ))

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2001 6:17 am Reply with quote
She looked at Garrett's painting, the sun was alive, his world around it perfect.

"It's... so much better than mine!"
"No my young Diana... it is not."

She blushed like any unexperienced girl. His eyes burnt like flames into hers. Soon there were down in a room that was very big, with vaulted ceilings.

"Now I shall give you a choice."

She looked at him curiously.

"Be buried or live forever in the night."
"As long as I am with you dear Garrette."

He smiled, pulling her close to him and kissing her deeply. Those lips... they tingled against her with white hot heat. He broke the kiss with an obvious reluctance.

"Come with me."

She obeyed, still in awe of the kiss. He led her into another room with a perfect black coffin embossed with a golden sillouette of a rose. The same rose that had been on the paintbrush set.

"This day you shall sleep with me in my coffin."

He looked at her sadly.

"You will be in some pain, but it will be worth it, and I will be there to comfort you. Whatever you do do not open the coffin. You must stay in it with me."
"Yes Garrette... anything."

He kissed her again, pulling him close, his hands one on her back, one on her head. Then he slowly moved down, kissing and licking her neck, every tingle and sensation new to her young body. Then, he embraced her, drawing her blood from her neck, she moaned, the purest form of pleasure retreating from her veigns. He drank all there was, her heart stopped beating, then her bit his tongue and kissed her, blood swishing in her mouth, she drank.

Her eyes oppened slowly and it was all dark, she was laying next to Garrette in the coffin, as far as she could tell he was asleep, and pain tormented her.

"Garrette?" She half mumbled half whispered.
"Yes Diana?"
"What is happening?"
"You are hungry."

He gently placed a pouch at her lips and she drank the blood in it very slowly and carefully. Suddenly her body spasmed and she stopped drinking.

"Go back to sleep Diana, I'll set the pouch between us and call my name again if you need help."
"Ye... yes Garrette."

She fell back into an unbroken slumber.

Offline Profile