<  Ancient Tomes  ~  First Night

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2001 9:59 am Reply with quote
User avatarBrujahPosts: 16Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire, UKJoined: Fri Aug 08, 2003 12:39 am
My name is Ryan Wallace. I stand on these empty streets and I wonder just how I've gotten here. It's been weeks since I stopped running, but its been months since I remembered what I was running from. There is little I remember from my past. In my former life I might have had a wife, maybe even a kid. They have probably forgotten about me just as I have forgotten them.
There is just enough light here to give the darkness a shape. I move from shadow to shadow searching for anything, anyone something that shows there is some sign of life in this city. I hear whispers from the alleyway only to find a couple whispering sweet nothings in each others ears. I move on.
This city seems promising. Not so few people that a newcomer brings all eyes , and yet it still has enough people to lose myself in.
My name is Ryan Wallace. I stand on these empty streets and I wonder just how long I'm going to be here.

((Comments, please. :roll:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2001 10:24 am Reply with quote
She stood and watched the figure darting from shadow to shadow. "How peculiar" she thought to herself. He probably hadn't seen her watching him, she was standing in the dark comfort of her office, gazing out the window.

Her eyes lost him for a moment in another shadow but his sudden movement further along the street caught her attention once again.
"That one is fast-footed... I suppose I will see him in the Elysium eventually."
She continued watching...

~batty~

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2001 7:41 pm Reply with quote
((Great posts :smile: ))

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2001 8:00 pm Reply with quote
User avatarBrujahPosts: 16Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire, UKJoined: Fri Aug 08, 2003 12:39 am
Still no one has noticed me, I must be getting good at this. ::laughs:: How long have I had to do run? How long will I have to keep running? I'm tired of running. I'm tired of always looking behind me, and not being able to see what was right in front of me.
A searing light tears through my head, and I fall to the ground. I recognize the fire growing within my mind as a memory trying to unearth itself...
A little girl no more than six years old stands before me with tears in her eyes. I kneel down and she shows me her elbow, which she scratched on the concrete.'Daddy will make it all better', I say. I take her arm and kiss her elbow. A smile appears on the little girl's face and she kisses me on the cheek. She then runs back to her friends that are playing in the yard...
I am once again laying on my back in the middle of one of the cold and lonely streets of Cascadia. The memory of the little girl slips away as I try harder than ever to hold on to it.
::laughs:: If this is eternal damnation, then they can keep it. I can't take it anymore. I have nothing left to lose. I am going to lay right here and wait for the sun to grant my final wish.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2001 9:50 pm Reply with quote
((sweet post!!! :smile: ))

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2001 5:32 am Reply with quote
She continued to watch the figure as he moved further into the distance. Suddenly he fell and she willed heightened senses to see him more clearly.
Sure enough he lay on his back in the street. More curious than concerned, she opened the window and leaned out a little to see him better. He wasn't moving, just laying there on the street.
"Well that's no way to protect the Masquerade" she thought to herself. Watching silently she considered venturing out to check on him...

~batty~

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2001 11:28 am Reply with quote
back from the woods misty decided to go to the elysium to get a drink and think about what derick said.

on the way she saw young lady walking in the street.misty looked closer :it was batty :she thought.

batty was walking in the other direction. batty didnt see her (yet).as she was watching batty ,misty looked farther down the road the way batty was walking.and saw a figure laying down,she couldnt make out what it was.

she decided to go to the shadows and follow batty and to see what was on the ground.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2001 6:02 pm Reply with quote
Although the night was mild she still pulled her cloak tightly about her body. The figure hadn't moved during the minutes she stood at her front door and now that she was part the way along the street, he still remained on his back on the ground.

Without sensing Misty in the shadows, she stepped slowly towards the figure. Cautiously she read his aura, kindred... City Gangrel. She knew of the City Gangrel's sabbat tendencies and approached with care.

From the opposite side of the street she noticed his eyes were open. He was not hurt, just laying there on the ground, laughing to himself. Puzzled she continued to watch him....

~batty~

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2001 11:42 pm Reply with quote
I see a figure approaching me. The shadows seem to wrap arond the figure, making the person appear to be Death. Death will take my soul to Hell and torture me for all eternity. Which is worse, the torture That she will bear unto me, or the torture I feel each night.
Either way my second death is nigh.
"So you've come to take my soul, the last thing I have left. Well here it is.", I open my arms at the last remark, exposing my chest.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2001 4:44 am Reply with quote
(( Nice posts you guys! Keep it up!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2001 5:44 am Reply with quote
The figure spoke.... his soul? She laughed.
"Don't flatter yourself, I do not want your soul... your skull perhaps but not your soul" Smirking, she stepped into the light.

"I am Batgirl of Clan Cappadocian..." she nodded slightly waited for his reply.

~batty~

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2001 6:03 am Reply with quote
::laughs:: "I am a confused man, running from a past that is long forgotten. My name is Ryan Wallace, and I am a City Gangrel.", I say.
This woman that I confused for Death was merely a Cappadocian, I wasn't that far off then. ::laughs::
"If you're not after my soul, then why have you come to me? I was in the process of waiting for the bright sun and the morning breeze to end this foul cruelty to myself."

[ This Message was edited by: Ryan Wallace on 2001-10-14 01:04 ]

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2001 6:09 am Reply with quote
She watched him laughed. City Gangrel? More like Malkavian!

"Why would you end your-" Batgirl stopped abruptly and turned quickly. They were being watched but her vampire eyes could not find the stalker in the dark.

"Get up, get up now and follow me!" Batgirl hissed urgently as she dashed across the road and down the street. Who ever or what ever was watching them stood in the path leading back to her haven. The Elysium! They'll be safe there...

~batty~

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2001 6:16 am Reply with quote
This woman was fast and it was hard to keep up with her, but I asked no questions and ran after her.
Her lithe body turned corner after corner and at one point I almost lost her, but after a few minutes we came to a stop. I couldn't here footsteps, but I never could hear very well.
I didn't recognize the building we were in front of. I hadn't been in this part of town yet.
"Where are we?", I asked.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2001 12:13 pm Reply with quote
"Hush!" she was straining to see or hear the figure that had been watching them.
He looked at her with confusion and then glanced around the street. The street appeared deserted.

"This is the Elysium. A safe haven for our kind..." She walked to the heavy door of the very plain building and pushed it open. He followed, unsure why she had brought him here.

Once inside, she removed her cape revealing her ruby hair and piercing green eyes and turned to face him.

"Ryan Wallace of City Gangrel, why were you laying in the street?"

~batty~