<  Ancient Tomes  ~  All that was before...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2001 7:22 am Reply with quote
Get your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 0Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2003 7:32 pm
William lay upon his bed, cigarette hanging from his lips, his job sheet in his hands.
"It makes no sense." William called out.
"What makes no sense?" Sammy's deep voice trailed from the kitchen.
"Why are we doing the snatch? Shouldn't the crew runners be doing this shit? From what I can gather from these dodgy plans, there a good chance of decking out on this one." Will sat up straight, the pile of plans and associated paperwork spilling onto the ground.
"Thats why Vidal chose you and I. He knows that we can think on our feet and can aim straight with a pistol. If he sends the crew runners then they'll get busted, then they'll start dropping names and next thing you know we'll all be in the shit." Sammy walked into the bedroom, two glasses, an ice tray and a bottle of Jack Daniels added to the burden of warehouse plans he was carrying.
"OK, how's this sound. Your on the roof. You shouldn't have any dramas getting up there unseen if you go from the west side. From there you can feed me information on guard movements and if the shit hits the fan then you can lay down a blanket of covering fire whilst I go for it. There no way in hell I'm, well, we are leaving without that attache case." Will spoke with authorirty whilst Sammy poured the drinks.
"You know thats cool with me brother. Any plan where I ain't getting shot is good by me. I just hope your as sneaky as everyone thinks you are." Sammy past a double o the rocks to Will, then promptly began guzzling from the bottle.
"Sammy my boy, you're an animal. Now lets get this shit sorted. We roll in 45 minutes."
With that Sammy scooped up all the papers and threw them into the fireplace. A splash of JD got the fire blazing, erasing all the evidence of a crime not yet commited.

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2001 8:07 am Reply with quote
The night was overcast and threatening rain. A strong wind had begun to blow, making the conditions perfect for the task at hand. William walked from out of the tree line only a few yards from the guard at the side entrance. Seeing Will the young guard swung around his assault rifle.
"Halt and identify." The young guards voive sounded shaky, an obvious sign of inexperience.
"Steady on tiger. I'm here for the 10pm meeting." Will continued to walk towards the somewhat confused doorman.
"10pm meeting? Who with?" The guard lowered his weapon as he checked his watch, the time being 9:50pm.
William moved swiftly grabbing the rifle with one hand and sliding his knife blade into the ribs of the guard with his other hand. The guard fell to the ground with a gurgle, releasing the rifle as he did.
"Yo mama, thats who." William smiled at the dying guard before silently slipping into the building. William was making good time and the building had considerably less security than he had anticipated.
Staying low in the shadows William made his way towards the offices at the northern end of the warehouse.
"Sammy, you in position?" Silence was the only reply over the two-way.
"Sammy, get your hand off the donut!!" Still no reply.
A single shotgun blast broke the silence. The skylight now shattered, fell towards the ground.
"Will!!! Get out of there!!!" Sammy shouted down into the warehouse, unable to see William. The lights in the warehouse lit up, in the distance William could see 8 heavily armed hard nuts, behind then he could see the warehouse wall.
"Where the fucks the office?" William knew there had been a cock-up. There was no office on the northern wall and so only god knows where the attache case could be. William swung around, he had a clear line to the exit and the pace to get there. As he made his way towards the exit he could hear bursts of machine gun fire echo throughout the warehouse. From the roof he could hear a loud repetitous thudding, apparently that of his gun shy companion. Don't get me wrong, Sammy's no yellow belly, bu5t he doesn't much like being on the recieving end of an arse kicking. That folks, is just what this was shapping up to be.
William lept to his feet once more, running full pace for the exit. With his newly acquire assualt rifle pointed over his shoulder he let rip the magazine. 30 unaimed rounds headed down range not one finding a target. The muzzle flash gave his position away and the punks with the machine guns began to zero in.
Diving sidewards, William made it out the door injury free, coming to rest in the soft grass, his nose only centimetres from freshly polished boots. William slowly raised himself to his feet. When at full height William looked up to view the face of his captor. Speachless, William stood nose to nose with Vidal, his boss and mentor.
William scanned the surronding areas, looking for any explanation to his new found predicament. From out of the warehouse came the machine gun toating heavy's, followed by Sammy who was out of breath but unharmed and still in posession of his shotgun.
Starring into the eyes of those he called friends, Will could feel the cold steel of his 9mm against the small of his back.

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2001 9:57 am Reply with quote
((Damn dude ..... excellent work..... you must have got all inspired or some shit lol.... please sir i want some more lol

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2001 10:46 am Reply with quote
That night as he lay awake in bed, William pondered the evenings events. He thought of the young crew runner that lay dead, slain by his own hands. William didn't like to talk about it to much but he had killed before. It always seemed different up until now. There had always been that distinction. Never right or wrong, but always us and them. His mind drifted back to the young wannabe, whom he dispatched with ease. That kid was one of ours.
"Will, you cool baby?" Sammy spoke from a darkend corner as he pour himself another drink.
"Just thinking about that kid." Will's reply was contemplative.
"Now Vidal said not to let it worry you. He was a theif, a theif that was stealing money that you had risked your neck to get."
"Ah fuck it. Lets go for a ride." Will jumped up, to wired to rest.
"Relax Will. I'm just glad Vidal thinks you've still got what it takes. Word is if you hadn't shot back then it was curtains for your career."
"So why the fuck didn't you tell me it was all a test? I could have been shot or fucking killed!" Will's temper flared again as he threw his glass into the fireplace causig a small fireball.
"You know the score. Vidal said no-one was to say a word, so no-one spoke about it. Beside all the guns 'cept mine had blanks. Why'd you think I only fired once? You don't think I'm that big of a pussy do you?" Sammy let out a chuckle to ease the mood."It's 2am, time to get some kip if your gonna make the the 8am meeting with Vidal. I'll see myself out." The two companions embraced before Sammy made his way out. Will watched as Sammy stepped over the abandoned motorbike still laying in the flowerbed on his way to his car. Will slowly fell into a gentle slumber, the adrenilen in his veins subsiding.

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2001 10:48 am Reply with quote
((Thanks for the words of encouragement bro :smile: hope you like the next few bits over the next day or so.

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2001 6:23 pm Reply with quote
I didn't know what to expect from today. Last night still has me a little shaken up. I knocked on the door, it was answered by Vidal. I think that's the first time he has ever opened it for me. I normally just hear his gruff voice calling me in.
"William, it's good to see your on time. You'll have to get use it. Please have a seat, there is much we need to discuss." Vidal is actually smiling, shit did he win the lotto or something. What the fuck is going on? This just feels to weird.
"How are you this morning, still not worried about last night I hope?
"You know me, water off a duck's back and all that. So what is it that you wanted to see me about?"
I can feel the beads of sweat starting to roll down the back of my neck, damn I wish he would jack up that fan.
"William, I once made a promise to a friend that I have always intended to carry out. Now it is time to make good that promise and you are going to help me." Vidal leans back slightly on his chair, his hands held loosely infront of himself.
I'm starting to relax, Vidal's manner, though not completely normal, is reassuring. I pull out a cigarette and spark away, the smoke feels warm as it goes deep into my lungs, almost like a warm blanket enveloping me, keeping me safe.
"Now this job is going to take some time and I will need you to be out of contact with the world for awhile. Is there anybody you need to speak to urgently?"
What the fuck do you mean out of contact with the world? You gonna drag me out the baack and finish me there and then? I swallow hard trying not to show my sudden uneasiness.
"No boss. I just want to say that it's a great honour to work with you and I am only to willing to do whatever it takes."
I'm trying to smile as best I can but I think I just sound like a but kiss. Oh shit, now he's looking at me funny. Did he lock the door? Don't be stupid, I wouldn't get 20 paces before Tim outside would cut me down. Why the hell didn't I bring my gun? Fuck I wish he would say something all ready. Vidal sits up right opening the top desk of his draw. He removes a large yellow envelope and slids it across the table to me.
"In this envemope you will find all the details of your new task. Do not fail me on this one. I do not want to break this promise, failure is simply not an option young Will."
Vidal stood up calling for Tim. Tim opened the door but remained outside.
"William, go with Tim, he will take you to where you need to go to commence your task. I will call you in the next few days to check on your progress. Remember, I am counting on you to succeed, don't disappoint me. I have alot of faith in you Will. Prove to me that it is not miss placed."
I shook Vidal's hand as I stood up. Seizing the yellow envelope, I turned to the door and followed Tim down the hall. My mind is still racing, what the hell is so important yet is being trusted solely to me. Face facts, I've been on three real jobs and only once did we get what we were going for. Even then we got booked for speeding by some snot nosed bobby with nothing better to do then piss people off. I look around and notice Tim's flashing the headlights of a car some 20 metres back, I must have missed him stop, some fucken start this is. I jog back and hop in the front passenger side. I pull the seat belt across my chest and clip it up. We slow down as we approach the gate, one of the boys is on my side so I wind down the window.
"Have a good time Will, I see you when you get back. Take care."
I look in the vanity mirror of the sun visor and in the distance I see him throwing a mock salute.

I look down the stereo clock, we've been driving for almost 1 hour and 45 minutes, and Tim has barely spoken a word to me.
"Here we go, and plenty of time to spare."
I look up and see that we're taking the airport turn off.
"Are we picking someone up Tim?
Tim came to an abrupt stop out the front of the terminal.
"Nope, I'm dropping you off. Look in your envelope, it'll explain everything. Now you go in that entrance over there I think."
I could see the one Tim was pointing at, but still had no idea what I was doing here.
"Shit, that reminds me, are you carrying?"
"No I left it at home, why?"
"Metal detector, why else. Now hurry up or you'll be late and Vidal won't want that. I see you later."
I shook Tim's hand and stepped out closing the door behind me. I watched as Tim drove away then made my way towards the entrance.

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2001 6:45 pm Reply with quote
I made my way though the entrance as I fumbled with the yellow envelope. I pulled out a letter, hand written by Vidal. It seemed like a good place to start:

Dearest William,
Many months ago, I made a promise to a life long friend, today I am going to make good upon it.
To your brother I made the solemn promise that I would look after you and keep you safe. I took you into my organisation where I could keep an eye on you, where I thought I could keep you safe. Over the last week it became clear that I needed to do more. Everyday on the streets we play a deadly game against our rivals, a game that sees so many of our friends fall victim. I always had my doubts about your future but today I wish to secure it.
In the envelope you will find a plane ticket, a list of contact details and another envelope. For now however, you only have to worry about the ticket. Get yourself to the boarding desk and get on the plane. The rest will be sorted out upon your arrival. I wish you all the best in your task and hope to see you alive and well upon your arrival back in mother England.

Your friend,
Vidal

I walked to the boarding desk where a young brunette was serving. I opened my envelope and from it pulled out the ticket. With no luggage to check in, I was soon seated in first class with a window seat to boot.

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2001 9:00 pm Reply with quote
I wandered the arrivals terminal unsure of my next move. The envelope I had been given contained the letter from Vidal and a smaller envelope containing $500 in US currency. I spied a small coffee lounge and headed for it with haste. The plane trip had taken the wind out of my sails, a quick shot of caffeine would surely remedie this.
I sat down at a corner booth after ordering a short black. I lit up a cigarette and rested my head back against the wall. I closed my eyes and started thinking about my current situation. My coffee arrived and was very dissappointing. I guess making bad coffee is an international passtime. Oh well, the caffeine did it's job and I pepped up somewhat.
I stubbed out my cigarette and was about to leave when a well dressed man approached me.
"Excuse me Mr Phelix. My name is Charles Moselle, a business associate of your employer. He has requested that I meet you here and ensure that you arrive safely at your lodgings."
His speach was very precise, no abreviations or mis-pronunciations. His English accent gave the impression of high society as did his fine Italian suit. I stood up and followed him outside to an awaiting car. I couldn't help smiling when he asked about luggage, but he obviously didn't find it amusing as he remained seemingly emmotionless. It was only a short drive to my new apartment, apparently an investment property of my employer. It was small but being on the 23rd floor made it very impressive. It wasn't furnished, except for the bed, but I didn't care. Charles told me I would be required to do the shopping for those myself, even though I had been given access to an charge account to pay for it all. Charles didn't stay long, it was hardly worth him getting out of the car considering the time he would spend in the lift on the way back down. As I checked out the rooms once more I noticed another yellow envelope on the bed. I sat down and opened it. Inside I found an itinery, by the looks I'm gonna be pretty busy for the next six months...

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2001 9:04 pm Reply with quote
((Well that's pretty much it. Thats the not so grand story of how Will came to the US. He's not yet in Cascadia but that's not to far off. I hope you all managed to stay awake whilst reading it and I do apologise for it taking so long. Anyways, hope to see you all in game really soon,

W.Phelix

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2001 9:15 pm Reply with quote
(( GREAT POSTS!!!!!! Hurry to game! I wanna meet you ... :grin: Once again ... great posts ..

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2001 9:26 pm Reply with quote
((shit Bro.... your putting me to shame here.... very well done.... you have been busy :smile: what can i say.... can't wait to see you in game.... hopefully that shouldn't be too far off from now.... Excellent work by the way.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2001 8:06 am Reply with quote
The road to success was long and hard fought. William never thought it would have benn possible and yet beyond the odds, he had done it. Will lay in his bed looking upon his certificate, to think that almost a year ago he had been in merry mother England, running drugs and living the life. Sure he had a few corner cut here and there, but he had earned it. He had. He told himself over and over hoping that he would fool himself into believing it.
Will sat up in bed dropping the certificate as he did. A bachelor in business, what a joke. 9 months is all it took. Sure it was 3 months more than planned but it made Vidal happy. Will's future secured. I think not. He could go and get a real job, no company would keep him more than a week. Shit he knew nothing. All he could do is go back to England, back to Vidal. At least there he could impress the knuckle heads, all he'd have to do is draw up a flow chart and add some numbers. They'd all be rapt.
Will thought back to happier times when he had Sharna. I didn't mean to make her so unhappy, I didn't mean to make her feel unloved. I just thought she'd always be there. I just can't bear being without her. I hate not being able to hold her and tell her that I do love her, that I do want to be with her, that I would give my life for hers.
It's just to late to say when they're gone.
Will collapsed on the floor in tears. He needed the company of others, he needs the company of someone he trusts and know won't ridicule him for his feelings. If only he had his brother like the old days.
Will lifted the hand set on the phone and began dialing.
"Sammy, it's Will. No everything is ok, I just need a favor. Go to my families place and when you get there call me. Yep on this number, I just need the address of an old aquaintence here in the states. Ok mate, I'll be waiting for your call. You too, bye."

Offline Profile ICQ