<  Ancient Tomes  ~  The Long Awaited Letter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2001 4:53 am Reply with quote
She sat there at her haven alone once again. Everything was quiet, not a sound from anywhere. The streets seemed unusually empty, just a few street walkers and drug dealers here and there. She stood to go to the back where she had some readings she was trying to catch up on when she heard a knock at the door.

She approached the door cautiously, her mind racing. "Who the hell would be knocking on my door?" She thought. She knew that it wasn't Ryan, he would just come right in. She opened the door slightly and peered around it.

"Yes?"

"I have a letter for Kiya Nekham?" He squinted at the envelope trying to read the tiny letters scribbled on the outside.

"Yes that's me." She reached around the door tearing it from his hands. She knew right away who this was from.

"I just need your signature right here." He said pointing to the line.

She quickly scribbled something and slammed the door in his face. Her eyes just welled with tears. She sat infront of the door on the plush red carpet and held the letter an arms lenght in front of her. She didn't want to open it.

Finally she gave into the thought and worked the manilla flap open.

The letter read:

Kiya,

It has come to my attention that you have crossed your own kind. You dissapoint me little one. You were always the strongest.

I have done wrong thinking that you were capable of being on your own. I thought I had taught you well, I guess not. I give you two options. One, I will come for you and take you back under my wing. Or two, you better NEVER utter my name again, erase me from your thoughts and never look back.

Rambuel

She sat there starring at his words. The tears exploding down her face. Her hands could no longer hold the weight of the letter as it feel to the floor.

"How can he do this to me?! He lied to me, he shunned me, he ignored me and he ripped out my heart, and he sends me this?! He knows what he did to me. He knows that I loved him."

She held her head in her hands turning them just as red as the cheeks of her face. "He doesn't understand, he just doesn't." She picked the envelope back up searching for a return address. There was one. She knew that he did that on purpose, to let her know that he meant what he said.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2001 5:25 am Reply with quote
((intriguing....... more?

~batty~

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2001 5:36 am Reply with quote
(( lol ... there will be .. later tonight prolly .. :smile:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2001 2:05 am Reply with quote
She tried to regain herself. She stood wiping away her tears, many of which were dried on already. The room spun as she made her way to the table. The plush red carpet seemed to give away with each step. She sat on the edge of the coach and hunted for a pen. "Damn it!" She could never find a pen when she needed one. She tore the cushions away, finding a stash of about 20. "Figures." he muttered.

Her hand was shaky as she began the letter.

My Dearest Rambuel:

I have searched for you ever since the night I saw you on the street. You could not be found. I longed for you every waking second and then I gave up all hope. You wanted nothing to do with me; you said you did not know me anymore, why now? Why do you want to come back into my life now?

I wish that it did not have to be this way. I just wish that you understood. Give me time and I can explain. I plead with you not to severe your ties with me. I cannot have you come and take me now. I wish that I could say different, but I cannot. Please, come see me, see what is here, and then maybe you would understand. No matter what, you will always be on my mind and in my soul. I am you.

With love now and always,
Kiya Nekham
Maata-f-em-seshet

Tears dripped onto the parchment as she folded the letter. "If only he could be here. If only he had never left me." She sobbed as she sealed the envelope. She carefully transferred the address, being sure that it was legible.

Her legs were weak as she tried to stand. She made her way to the bathroom sink, and balanced her self on the marble counter. The image in the mirror was not she. She was not this weak thing that showed emotion this easily. "DAMN HIM!" She grabbed the candlestick and threw it against the mirror. It burst into a thousand pieces, flying back and showering themselves all over her. Blood seeped from her face and hands where the glass had done the worst damage. She looked to the floor seeing pitiful self-looking back at her. No emotion came after that. She lifted her hands to her eyes, starring at them blankly. The blood that dripped on the floor was now forming into pools. Her hands surveyed her face tenderly, making sure there were no splinters of glass. Everything seemed to stop, her thoughts, her emotions, her pain. It all seemed to stop.

She turned on the water, quickly washing away the blood, and walked out of the bathroom. She left the blood and glass sitting on the floor right where it fell.
She grabbed the letter, ready to hand deliver it.

She opened the door to her haven and was about to step onto the street when a man stepped out from behind the corner. She jumped back, trying to shut the door, but the hand stopped it and forced it back on her.

"Hello there dear." His teeth were yellow and his breath stank of smoke. "Where were you off to in such a hurry?" He looked down at her hand. "Damn he's good!" He grabbed the letter from her hand.

"Who are you?!" She tried to grab the letter back to no avail. "What the hell do you want with that?!"

He snickered. "You can saaaaaaay ...... I'm his personal delivery service. Now .. where's the letter he gave you?" His eyes peered from one corner to the next as he pushed his way into her haven. He spotted the other envelope sitting on the table briskly making his way to it.

She grabbed for her sword as he walked away from her.

"Oh please dear, I wouldn't do that if I were you." He continued to walk forwarded not even looking at her. She looked at him quizzically. "He taught you better then that. Size up your opponents first. Remember?" She removed her hand from the hilt and stood there almost in awe.

"You need not worry what I am doing my dear. Let's just say that it is safety precautions." The bony hands grabbed the off white envelope and stuck it in his sack. She stood and said nothing. Just watched. Still no emotion came to her. No fear, no anger, nothing. The man walked back to her and stood inches from her face. "He was right about you." He flashed the yellow teeth and grabbed her by the arm. "You are cute." Impulsively she yanked back her arm and turned he head.

"You have what you want, now get out." Her eyes looked straight into his. The coldness that radiate from this man almost was too much to bear.

"Aaaaaawwww .. you're just no fun. I'm sure we'll meet again. I have a feeling it will be sooner then you think."

His boots left stains all over the carpet where he had walked. It seemed more like oil then mud. He walked to the door, taking another quick peek around before he slammed it behind him. Kiya stood in place for a second, starring at the carpet not knowing what to do. The sun was soon rising and she had had enough for one night.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2001 2:49 am Reply with quote
((cooooool.... hey... how come your crying about some guy when ya got ME? shiiiiiiiit I'm WAY better than anyone else.....

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2001 3:15 am Reply with quote
(( was that one of the CAPS Delevery men?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2001 4:04 am Reply with quote
(( LoL @ Chaz and Drain ... hehehe ... Well .. if Chaz showed some emotion ... lmao ... No ... I don't think that was a CAPS man Drain .. lol ...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2001 5:38 am Reply with quote
She layed in her crypt, not being able to get to sleep. The walls were closing in. The air turning thin. She removed the lid ... and sat up gasping for air. The floor was pulsating along with the beat of her heart. The walls spinning.

"I can't stay here, not right now. I need to go for a walk. Then I'll be fine." She tried reassuring herself but Kiya knew that it wouldn't work.

Her feet found the floor with a slight thud. Her fingers tracing the walls to keep her balance. She walked the hall, trying to find her way, dissoriented to say the least. Her hand reached for the door handle to the outside world with caution. She didn't know if she should close her eyes and hope that the man had really left, or to already have her sword drawn. She opted to just open the damn door.

The cold air rushed in like a ton of bricks. The street was empty. Papers fluttered through the night, trash rustling across the ground. The lights on the street were hurting for repair. One flickered trying to keep some life to it, most of the others just giving up.

The door slammed behind her and she jiggled the door handle to be sure that it was locked. It was. Her footsteps seemed to echo for miles. She didn't know where she was going. She really didn't care. Her head seemed to antagonize her every fear. She needed to do this. She rouned every corner with caution, regain some strength that seemed to have been lost before. She was looking for that man that had invaded her safety. Those sunken eyes, his bony hands. The yellow teeth the beamed out of the cracked thin lips. Kiya's body cringed at the thought.

With each step she gained more strength, her mind finally releasing it's grip it seemed to have. Her walk seemed to be pointless after she had just walked around in circles and ended back at the elysium. She had regained her composure at this point. Feeling more confident that everything would be okay.

She spoke briefly with Gabriel about the incidents that had just occured. Hearing herself her own words of reassurance comforted her. She grabbed a quick drink, well aware that she can't handle not even a drop of alcohol. Her footing was unbalanced as she stumbled back into the street. She was thankful that night that her haven was not far off.

Her body was supported by the door as she played with the keys. She grabbed for the handle as her body thrust itself towards the ground. The brass handle turned and the door swung open, Kiya landing hard on the gravel.

She stood up not thinking anything of it as she walked into her haven shutting and locking the door behind her. She brushed herself off and headed to the bathroom. She turned on the light to aid her in manipulating the glass that still remained from earlier.

Her eyes scanned to floor, surveying it for the remains. There was nothing there. No blood, no glass, no nothing. She stumbled backwards out the wooden door frame and saw the mirror. "SMILE" was written in red lipstick.

She looked around frantically, paralyzed with fear. Was this Ryan playing a bad joke? He couldn't be, he didn't know really anything about her. Did he just fix the mirror and leave the note to make her feel better?

"RYAN!!! RYAN ARE YOU HERE!!" she froze by the door screaming, starring into the mirror. Her screams echoed, maybe it was just in her head. There was no response from Ryan.

When she was finally able to gain some control of her functions, she raced around frantically to find something to write a note in. In big, bold letters she wrote "RYAN DO NOT STAY HERE!"

"Oh god .. why am I wasting time!" she cried hysterically. She looked around, distraut. What was she looking for. Is there anything that she was looking for? She gave up and headed for the door. Oh GOD! Was he, she , IT going to be waiting for her? She dropped the note just inside the door ... ran out, throwing caution to the wind. She made her way to the elysium, hoping she could find something, ANYTHING there.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2001 5:46 am Reply with quote
((uhoh........ you broke a mirror...... that's seven years of bad luck..... :eek:

~batty~

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2001 5:53 am Reply with quote
((Great post :smile: ))

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2001 6:56 pm Reply with quote
She ran the short distance to the elysium, only to find that there was no one there. She looked around frantically. It seemed as thought there had been no one there for ages. It had never been so quit in all her times that she could remember.

Tears were streaming down her face. Kiya's only instinct was to keep running, find someone that she knew. Without thinking Kiya ran back into the streets, hopein gthat there would be somebody, anybody that she would recgonize.

She rounded to corner, finding Adrianna speaking to a stranger. Kiya hugged the light pole, trying to hide her face. She wipped away some of her tears, what she could. Though insane, she felt safer on the street then she did anywhere else at that moment.

"Kiya?" Adrianna said to her as she approached. She merely shook her head, to embrassed at that moment to show her face. Adrianna reached for a kleenex.

"What's wrong?" Kiya still tried to hide her face. She took the kleenex trying to dry up what she could.

"My haven." She paused for a second. "It .. i .. it was broke into." She didn't want to go into details." Have you seen Valek or Cain?" Kiya knew at this point they would be the only people that could help.

"No, not so far this night." The rain started to fall on them. The streets soaking up what it could. The rest froming little streams, marching it's why to the gutters. "Lets get back to the elysium."

They walked back the couple blocks to the parking garage, and stood there briefly speaking, when a girl seemed to appear, as if out of no where. Kiya almost coward with fear at the first sight, but regain her strength. She couldn't be like this, she wasn't going to be afried of every stranger that walked by.

"Who are you?" The girl said as she walked forward.Adrianna looked on to the girl as she approached. Kiya cautiosly took a few steps back.

"No, who are you?" Adrianna watched the girl closely.

"I am ... " the girl paused.

Kiya's fear turned to anger. "Who are you and why are you here." The girl smirked at them, feeding Kiya's rage.

"I am Lilith. I was just on my way to the elysium." Kiya looked at her wearily. She had never seen this girl before, but she seemed to know where she was go. Kiya figured that she might as well ask her the same question that she had asked Adrianna previously.

"Have you seen Valek or Cain by any chance?" She knew that was a stupid question to ask, but she wasn't in the right state of mind.

"Valek is my sire, I'm actually looking for him right now myself."

Kiya somewhat bewildered, not knowing that Valek had a childe, but then again she didn't know much about Valek as it was.

"I'll go see if he is in there." The girl walked away leaving Adrianna and Kiya in the car park. An old drunk stumbled around in circles singing and have a marry old time. Kiya walked over to her grabbing her bottle and smashing it to the ground.

"Get the hell outta here!" The lady stumbled a bit and fell to the ground as Kiya kicked her in the ribs. The old hag was to obliverated to remember what would have caused her pain the next day. She crawled away crying. "My bottle!"

Kiya looked back to see where Adrianna was but only saw the space in which she had stood. "Adrianna! ADRIANNA!" She looked around frantically, not wanting to be alone. Adrianna stepped out of the stairwell. "I'm right here. What?" Kiya felt a bit foolish at her overreating.

"Sorry, I just don't want to be alone."

The girl came back out as well. "There's no one in there. I'll go this his office."

"Can we ... like ... tag along?" Adrianna asked.

"Suit yourself."

The three of them made it to East Cascadia and to Lilith's sires office. The office always made her cringe. She starred at the beasts that were guarding the door as she passed by and waited for Valek to arrive.

He nodded to all of them in acknowledgement and offered them a seat.

"Now, what brings you all here?" He looked around the room quickly, and looked at Kiya.
Her anger once again turned back into fear, relief, sorrow, whatever it was, she didn't know.

"My .. my ... my haven was broke into." She started to go into details, but then realized that was she was saying was only confusing and was making no sense.

He looked over to Adrianna. "And I assume that you are here for a different reason?"

"No, I'm just here for moral support. You know, like when girls go to the bathroom. Oh wait you're a guy you wouldn't know." He smirked at her comment.

"Where you there?" Adrianna shook her head no.

His eyes reverted back to Kiya. "Now tell me what happened." There was obvious discomfort of telling the entire story in front of both Adrianna and Lilith. They both seemed to catch onto this fact and left the room.

Kiya started from the beginning telling him every detail imaginable. He sat there nodding, cracking his joints and listening the way that he normally did.

"Ok. Well you obviously cannot stay there until we figure out what this is and what it is about. Do you know where you're going to stay?"

She shook her head no. "I have no where to go. I would go back to France and stay at the haven there, but if this is my clan's doing, that would the worst thing to do. I have no where."

They discussed a few more options and results that could come from it.

"Ok, I give you two options. One, you could stay at a hotel, and if you need funding I'll give it to you. Or two, you can stay in this office, and the guards will be here at all times."

She hated the idea of asking for help. She wished that she hadn't said anything at all at this point. She knew that it would be safer for her to stay in his office, but hated being a burdance to him.

"If I were to stay here, would that cause a problem for you?"

He shook his head. "Not at all."

"Can I?"

"If that is what you choose. As for now you are not to be alone. Like I have said, the gaurds are going to be here at all times and you will use them to go where you have to as well."

"Thank you so much sir. I promise, I will pay you back for your kindness."

"Can I have permission to investigater your haven?"

"Of course, feel free." It would be ludacris or her to say no. What would that accomplish.

"I will go there tonight and check it out. Do not go anywhere."

"Are you sure that you do not want me to go with you?"

"No, I will go alone." He stood and nodded to her. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight sir. Be careful. Thank you."

He made his way out to the guard, saying a few words to him and walked out the door.

(( ok .. well .. this all happened in game. I'm sure that the details aren't completely correct, and at one point the game crashed and Adrianna nor Lilith came back. So I made an excuse up for why they were gone. Sorry about that.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2001 7:32 pm Reply with quote
((All i can say for now is..that Valek as a damn good reason to do this...you'll all see eventually lol.))

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2001 7:51 pm Reply with quote
((Something ic is coming soon :smile:

And damn...i cant wait to reach my post number 666 lol))

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2001 4:20 am Reply with quote
After saying a few words to the guard Valek walked out...it was a stormy night,an heavy rain falling..Valek smirked looking at the bad weather...and walked out anyway...

Valek walked in the dark streets of Cascadia
rain soaking his coat,making it heavier...Valek took good care to walk in the shadows,even passing by the woods so no one could see him...He went in direction of
Kiya's haven,so he could see in what state the haven was,and if any clues could be found to track those who did this,Valek thought to himself "No one mess with our city,destroying buildings,havens..etc...they will remember not to do it again...no one attacks a kindred of Cascadia...and expect to get away with it..."

-10 minutes later-

Valek could see the haven of Kiya now...He carefuly looked around to see if no one was there,there was absolutely NO ONE...Valek then quickly reached for the entrance door...
it was already half open...Valek pushed it open slowly and silently...As he walked in,Valek heard voices...3 to be exact...Valek listened to the voices...
One of them said
"Dammit,where could that be!?"

Valek then slowly steped in the room where the 3 were...And looked at them...and crossed his arms...it took about 1 minute for one of them to notice Valek...One guy noticed him and said "Who the fuck are you?"

Valek smirked,another one said
"Just kill the bastard...damn humans.."
One of them took out a gun...Valek didnt moved...smirking at them....After looking carefuly at them the 3 revealed to be Setite's...but they were not from Cascadia,they were in fact causing some troubles...One of the Setite shot Valek....Valek then faked death and fell on his back,on the ground...The Setite then said
"Done..." and spat "fuckin humans"

As the 3 got out of the room and went to another one..obviously searching for something...Valek quickly got up sitting on the ground...he slowly stood up...and walked silently to the other room where they all went...Valek silently steped in the room and punched one of the Setite on his back...peircing the body,making the ribs violently get out of the body by the front..
The rib cage rolled on the floor in front of the two others...As the two others turned back Valek grabed them by their throats...lifting them....And Valek said
"What are you doing here!!!?"Seeing that they were not answering Valek squeezed their throats...One of them seemed to want to talk...Valek released his grip,they guy said
"Release her and ill tell you what you want"
The guy seemed worried about the safety of the female setite...Seeing this Valek smirked
and squeezed her throat hard and said
"Tell me what you are doing here...now!"

-Male Setite-"Release her first!"
-Valek-"Dont make me explode her throat...talk!"
-Male Setite-"Fine!!Fine!!What do you want to know!?"
-Valek-"The reason of you 3 being here..."
The male Setite didnt answered...
-Valek-"Patience i have not....talk now or she dies..."
Valek squeezed her throat harder again...
-Male Setite-"Someone must understand something,we were sent to give her a message...."
-Valek-"Name...."
The Setite didnt answered....Valek then squeezed the throat of the female setite again....Her feet started to shake...wanting to get free...Valek continued to hold her by her throat...and slammed her head against the wall so she could calm down...she calmed down...
-Male Setite-"we came for Kiya...Happy you little fucker!?"

Valek smirked...and said...
"This was your mistake...no one comes and attacks a kindred of Cascadia....keep this in mind..."

-Valek-"What else do you know about this?"
-Male Setite-"Nothing else...its all i know...now release her!"

Valek scanned him...and he was indeed telling the truth...
-Valek-"Im not done yet....+
-Male Setite-"Release her!!"
-Valek-"You say this one more time and ill release her from the unlife she haves....now close it......"
The setite noded....somewhat scared....
-Valek-"Karmina...does this name tells you something?"

-Male Setite-"No...."
-Valek-"Dont even dare to lie to me...ill know..."
-Male Setite-"Fine fine!!Yes i know the name!"

-Valek-"Tell me what you know!now!"
-Male Setite-"All i know is that she was to be kidnapped,and she was,her old bf wanted her back..she didnt wanted,so he did against her will and made a fake tape,so she could be seen as dead in this fuckin' city!...She got rescued,it's all i know!"

-Valek-"The name of the one who organized this kidnapping...now!...?"
-Male Setite-"Hell i dont know...the only thing left that i know is that it all started in NY...she got transfered elsewhere but i dont fuckin' know where.."

Valek scanned him again...and saw that he was telling the truth...Valek then looked at the female setite he was holding by the throat and saw a shotgun attached on her back...Valek took it...and slowly put down the female...but he still held her by the neck...Valek then put the shotung under the chin of the female setite...and put his finger on the trigger....
-Male Setite-"NO!!! Dont do that...Release her!!!"The guy was nearly crying.
Valek smirked and said
"What did i told you....Never say this again...you did.....now pay for it"Valek then also said
"Why cry...when all Angel's deserve to die.."

Valek then pressed the trigger ...the shotgun shells made the brain of the female Setite explode...bits of the brain were on the floor and on the ceiling...
-Male Setite-"NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!"

Valek then quickly moved toward the Setite and cut his head of with his sword...Valek the noticed an envelope on the ground,he took it...looking at it...and put it in his pocket...Valek then mutilated the 3 bodies into small peices,and put all the body parts in a large body bag,he then cleaned all the place LEAVING ABSOLUTELY NO CLUES OF WHAT HAPPENED.....Like if nothing happened...Valek then grabed the body bag and went out of the haven...passing by the woods so NO ONE could see him....he then went back to his office....

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2001 4:37 am Reply with quote
(( ::cringes:: oooooohhhhhhh god .. MY HAVEN!!!! Damn .. my clan is REALLY going to hate me now. WTF ... lol ... Great post!!!