<  Ancient Tomes  ~  Letter for the Prince

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2001 9:08 pm Reply with quote
Get your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 0Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2003 5:11 pm
Dear Sorenti,

For what seemed like an eternity to me as a mortal you disappeared from my life. One week before we were due to be married. I had no idea if I would ever see you again. I thought maybe you didn't love me anymore, maybe you were dead. I spent three long years searching for you but you were nowhere to be found. My parents finally convinced me to give up my search, despite the pain, I agreed with them. Although I knew in my heart one day you would come back into my life.

I never fell in love again as a mortal. The only thing that even came close was almost six years after you left me. I met a man, he was Morkarlov. He took me out for drinks, he bought me flowers, he was very charming. He seemed to know how to find me yet I had no idea where he was from or where he disappeared to when he left me....

I would soon find out.

Morkarlov offered me a release from my misery. That night I was embraced, six years after you went from my life. I spent the next six months with my sire learning about my new self.

Morkarlov then took me to Rome. I followed him into a very grand building and up the stairs into an office. As Morkarlov moved to one side of the room and I walked through the door, sat in the chair behind the desk straight in front of me was you. As I am sure you can remember. My feeling was right, Iknew I would see you again. But all of a sudden my feelings changed although I did not show it for a year and a half. I found out you were the one who asked Morkarlov to embrace me because you loved me so much. Yet, you had turned me into a monster. Also finding out you were alive and you hadn't contacted me to let me know you were alright made me wonder if you loved me at all or if you just wanted to torture me. You must have known what I was going through that eternity I felt without you.

At this point I felt I had only one choice. That was to kill you and kill myself that was the only way this misery would ever leave me. For those many hundreds of years following you and plotting your final death, it occured to me. I liked what I had become and if it wasn't for you I never would have had that experience. My hate for you slowly dwindled, I stopped following you and also stopped trying to kill you. I had begun to love you again. But how could I ever confront you and let you know after what I had tried to do to you. That is why I sent Persephone my sister when we were mortal to Cascadia to try and find out your reaction. She only contacted me once and I haven't seen her since, the only conclusion I could come to was that you had killed really believeing she was me. But how could I know for sure.

When you were in Rome, I sat outside your office window looking up, debating whether to confront you or not. Then I decided this was the best way to let you know how I felt.

I love you more than ever Sorenti and I hope you can forgive me and learn to love me again.

All my love,

Sarah

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2001 10:02 pm Reply with quote
Sorenti dropped the letter as his eyes read the last line, he uttered only one word...

"fuck"

With everything he had on his mind, everything he had yet to do before his "mission" for the Inner Circle....with everything weighing him down....and this has to arrive now, he thought, how damn typical and ironic, as if he didn't have enough already.

His mind began to drift back over the centuries Sarah had hunted him for...could it be true that finally she loved him once again? He shook his head severely, forcing the memories out, needing to concentrate on what he was going to tell Gabriel, Cain and Valek about where he was going and why he had to leave so suddenly.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2001 2:37 am Reply with quote
((Sorenti gonna get some!!! heheh

~batty~

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2001 6:13 am Reply with quote
(( lol @ Batty ... ::looks over her shoulder:: Uh oh .. here comes Rea ... CAT FIGHT!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2001 3:30 am Reply with quote
Sorenti grabbed the letter from Sarah, he had been sure it was her he killed, but something told him this was the "real" Sarah. Had she really finally found her love for him again? or was this just a clever trick to walk him into a trap? She may not be a typical Ventrue, but Sarah was damn clever and Sorenti knew it well.

He stuffed the papers into his briefcase, along with the letter, and threw it onto the small group of bags he had packed. Sorenti would decide what to do about the letter some other time, though the idea of backtracking her to spy as to whether it was a trap or not, appealed to him. Still, it would have to wait, he thought, he had far mroe important things to do.