<  Ancient Tomes  ~  Nightly Wanderings

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 1970 1:00 am Reply with quote
He'd only been in town a couple of weeks, but allready knew the layout of the city like it was his own.  He came and went freely from the local Elysium, and had even made friends within his clan, and outside it as well.

That was only expected however. His employer wanted the best man for this mission, and Viper had much practice infiltrating cities.

"If they only knew what was in store for them" he thought to himself, as he took his nightly position on the rooftop of the building opposite Batgirls Haven.

He took out his Baushe and Laumb binoculars and peered intently through the top window of Batgirls Haven.

She and Sherrif Cain were together again.  "Inseparable,  those two" he mutterd to himself.  "With a sherrif so invovled, it should be nothing to bring in a few more troops."

He stood and proceeded to decend the rusty old fire escape to the street below.  The mist rising from the wharf almost obliterating the pale light shed by the streetlamps.  As he set foot on the last rusted step, the ancient welds finally gave way with a loud scream, and Viper crashed hard onto the staircase.

"Shit"

((take it away folks

Cain hears the shout and runs in that direction to see what is going on.  He finds Viper extracting himself from the wreakage of the fire escape.

Cain looks at him and asks ""What are you doing here Viper?""

Viper looks up at the big man and glances around quickly.  "I was just - a -  I was sposed to meet someone on the roof here, buisness deal...you know...but I guess he aint comin"  Viper stared up into Cains eyes, trying to guage a reaction to his statment.

Viper finally managed to stand amid the twisted metal of the staircase and gave Cain a playfull tap in the ribs.

"So what are YOU doin here, heh heh"

Cain's steely eyes gazed down upon Viper, not believing for an instant that he was here meeting someone.

"You have been watching my beloved for awhile" Cain stated matter of factly.

As Viper scanned the waterfront he said to Cain " Lemme give it to ya straight, I was sent to Cascadia by some dude in London. He told me to keep an eye on yer ol lady"

"And who would that be? " Cain asked, his voice rising "And for what reason?"

Viper shook his head and replied " I aint seen nothing but his money"

Cain reached out a big beefy hand and grabbed Vipers coat "I think you should tell me the truth now" He growled.

Vipers eyes flashed nervously about " I... Uh... I..." He wrenched himself out of Cains grasp and bolted down the sidewalk.  He was at the top of the concrete stairs before Cain threw a hand around the back of Vipers neck and held him like a doll over the edge of the stairs.

"I suggest you tell me the truth now"

"Aight, Aight SHIT MAN  Far as I know, the old man is lookin to come to Cascadia. Not an Invited visit if ya know what I mean. He sent me here to scope out the place"

" Any what does that Have to do with Batgirl? Why all the interest in her?"

"Nah, shit man, ya got it all wrong... Batgirl just happened to be whereever I was....I was actually... well I was...."

" You were studying the Sheriff.....me......"

Viper nodded quickly and Cain heaved him back over the side, to stand directly in front of him.

" Go back to London, and tell your employer that Cascadia is getting along just fine, and the Sheriff has complete control of the city. Next time he should visit personally, and not send his lackeys"

Viper nodded again

"Begone" Cain boomed "And dont return unless it is of your own will, and not that of an employer"

Cain slapped him on the back of the head, and Viper took off into the darkness....

((Bye Bye Viper........

((aawww buhbye viper :vampire:

~batty~

((Haha you see, thats what happens when you call me a greaseball :p , oh wait this post had nothing to do with me ::shrugs:: oh well adios Viper ((btw nice posts :) ))