<  Ancient Tomes  ~  Dawning of a new era?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2001 12:19 pm Reply with quote
User avatarKindredPosts: 0Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2003 11:46 pm
((I had to post...if rea's not wanted in it ..just delete okies...:smile::)

Oliver pulled the limousine up to the building and turned the engine off.
Rea sat wondering what to do, she had no official reason to be here, now at all...but her need to know that all was well had brought her here.

"Miss Reannag...are you going in...?"
"yes...oliver I am...."
He opened the door for her and took her arm leading her up to the door, he glanced at her....the cuts around her eyes seemed to be healing well...although the other ghouls in Gabe's haven had told him that sometimes they heard her screaming and ranting in a strange language, the mental scars of what she went through must be deep.
Rea lifted her hand to the door and knocked on it...her heart pounding....she heard footsteps appraching on the concrete floor and waited for the door to open.
"miss Reannag....what can I do for you ?"
She bit her lip...now knowing what to say...
" is Gabriel here...I heard he had come to see sorenti...I just wondered if he was still here" she said to the butler.
((okies...if you want her, let her in if not...have him say no ok?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2001 5:53 pm Reply with quote
((ummm it's morning Rea lol...errr...you seem to be smoking well hehehe))

The butler ushered her inside quickly, not wanting the spectacle of a lady bursting into flames being seen on his master's doorstep.

"I believe the Prince and Mr. O'Brien to be in a meeting as usual miss. If you wait here I will venture to discover if they are expecting visitors."

The butler walked snootily away and muttered something about how was he ever supposed to get the coffee perfect if people kept interrupting him.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2001 7:17 pm Reply with quote
Gabriel rubbed his eyes and glanced around the room. He was lying on the blush blue carpet of Sorenti's study, a new marble desk sat across the room covered in shadows. Oddly enough everything was dark, shadows creeping along the edges of walls. Gabriel could smell burnt flesh in the air around him.
Slowly his pushed himself to his feet. He turned around and glanced at the battered door, one side of the massive door hung on the hinges, the other lay on the floor next to him. The Assamite guards stood in the entrance way, taking in the room.
Gabriel sensed Sorenti's presence...but very weakly. Almost not there at all. As he scanned the room, he saw a pair of expensive Italian dress shoes sticking out from behind the desk.
"Sorenti!" Gabriel gasped as he jerked foward. He made his way around the desk and drew back in horror. Sorenti lay there, smoking and burnt. His short was tattered and torn and his white back bubbled from the burns. Much of his blonde hair was singed away from what must have undoubtably been sizable flames.
His skin sizzled and popped, causing Gabriel to fight desperately to control his stomach. He knelt down next to Sorenti and looked at his face.
"Oh God...." he muttered. Sorenti's face was swollen and red. His eyebrows and eyelashes completely burnt off by the flames. Gabriel knew with proper care they would return in time. "My God Sire...what happened..."
Sorenti began to stir slowly......

((that'll learn ya

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2001 8:11 pm Reply with quote
((oops lol....yes so it is..::puts on her shades:: opps soz about that ty for dragging me in and not leaving me to the sun..

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2001 9:16 pm Reply with quote
User avatarLasombraPosts: 12Location: gigglesJoined: Mon Apr 21, 2003 3:56 am
(( HA HAH! Go Gabe!!! whoowoo! ::pinches Sorenti's burn arm:: Showns you not to go in the sun without proper protection! ::squirts some SPF 150 Suncreen on him:: heh heh

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2001 9:24 pm Reply with quote
User avatarLasombraPosts: 25Joined: Sun May 11, 2003 2:04 pm
:eek: :eek: :eek:

[ This Message was edited by: Ryan Night on 2001-09-12 16:29 ]

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2001 11:09 pm Reply with quote
((lol,nice post Gabe man :smile: and at last very NICE to know that Sor isnt dying :smile:,hey Sor you had all of us worried man,its damn cool to know that Sor is alive :smile:))

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2001 5:17 pm Reply with quote
Sorenti coughed and opened his eyes, consciousness flooding back into him, he looked up at Gabe, well aware of the burns to his once white body. He struggled and sat up, ignoring the wracking pain all over his body. Without saying a word, Sorenti looked at his arms, the skin blackened and beginning to crisp. Then his eyes moved down over his chest, the skin bubbling, damp with blood and parts of it smoking gently.

He lifted his hands to his face and gingerly felt it here and there. He could feel skin burnt right off and his eyebrows singed badly, his fingers shook as they explored the damage. As his fascination began to expire, Sorenti realised that Gabriel still knelt beside him and was waiting patiently for some sort of word from him.

Sorenti met Gabe's concerned eyes with his own and held his gaze for what seemed an eternity. Finally Gabriel broke his expression, forming one that was questioning.
Still looking at him, Sorenti slowly smiled, wider and wider, then he broke into a chuckle and finally a full laugh. The more shocked it made Gabe look, the harder Sorenti laughed, until once again tears fell from his eyes....only this time from laughter not pain.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2001 5:36 pm Reply with quote
Gabriel stared in wonder as Sorenti laughed at some unknown thought. Had he gone mad? Why had he subjected himself to such torture? Sorenti continued to laugh, the sound of his hearty voice filling the room.
Gabriel looked at the Assamite guards. Even their eyes were filled with shock. They stared at the Prince from the doorway.
"Go get his servant to bring us some blood..." Gabriel said calmly. For a moment they stood, still in awe. "GO!!" He shouted enraged at their disobedience.
The guards nodded and headed down the hall. Gabriel turned his attention back to Sorenti. He was a mess....
Sorenti's rich blood was spilling onto his carpet. His tattered white shirt was soaked with red fluid. His skin, now beginning to cool, was malformed and blackened. He was barely recgonizable.
"Sorenti....can you will yourself to heal? If only a little bit?" Gabriel asked gingerly. Sorenti's laughter continued, blood tears streaming down his face. "Sire please..."
The guards returned with a wine bottle full of blood. Gabriel held the bottle up and glanced at it. Chatteu de Blonde....he nearly smiled. He popped the cork and sniffed it quickly, it was indeed what it said.
He held the bottle out to his Sire.
"Sorenti...please....drink....."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2001 5:47 pm Reply with quote
Sorenti took the bottle from Gabriel and gulped it down amid continued laughter bursts. He felt quite strong, though badly burned and willed his open wounds closed with apparent ease. His blood stopped flowing, his shirt began to dry, yet still he laughed almost hysterically.

He healed several times over and laughed more at the fact he couldn't really concentrate on healing because he was laughing too much...Gabe's startled and worrying expressions only fuelled Sorenti's amusement. Before too long, Sorenti's skin had recovered most of it's former look, a few bubble-like scars on his chest remained and his skin was a deep golden brown.

He knew the scars would last an awful long time, but he didn't care...it was too funny to just watch Gabriel's face, even through the pain he still felt.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2001 6:04 pm Reply with quote
Gabriel felt a twinge of relief as he watched his Sire's wounds close and his skin regain a bit of color. And yet that laughter....
Gabriel stood up slowly and looked down at Sorenti, still unable to get up because of his hysterics. Gabriel began to realize that Sorenti was not simply laughing, he only burst out in laughter when he looked at Gabriel's face.
Gabriel shook his head in horror.
"You've lost your mind....." he said. Furious, hurt, and confused Gabriel stormed out of the room, slamming his fist into the remaining half of the door on his way out. The door groaned as the force pulled it off it's hinges.
He brushed past the Assamite guards and then stopped, turning on his heel.
"You three...stay here. Guard the Prince, make sure he doesn't hurt himself further. I'm going to go see Cain...."
Gabriel's heart ached, he simply wanted to meet Final Death, a feeling he was afraid Sorenti was feeling all too well....

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2001 7:32 pm Reply with quote
Rea stood inside the hallway waiting for the butler to return. well at least gabe was still here she thought.
She looked up and her sense of hearing sharpened...she could hear laughter, coming from down the corridor.
she sighed to herself...they were both ok, they must be....she swore under her breath at her foolishness, at thinking that something was wrong.
As she opened the door she stepped back inside quickly, the heat of the sun touching her skin.
Damn she thought...she felt for her mobile in her pocket.
"Oliver...can you pull the limo up real close to the door please...."
"of course Miss Reannag...."
She stood back from the door, as she heard the limo pull up outside she waited for Oliver to swing the passenger door open.
"ok miss Reannag...."
She felt his arm on her elbow....and he walked her quickly to the car.
she shuddered as she felt the sun hit her skin, as slammed the car door shut behind her.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2001 8:16 pm Reply with quote
User avatarLasombraPosts: 12Location: gigglesJoined: Mon Apr 21, 2003 3:56 am
(( hey Rea, almost done with Oliver? lol ... I need him to fly Meph back to Cascadia :P dispite the flying-ban in North American ... I dont care I wanna RP, lmao

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2001 10:30 pm Reply with quote
((ummm you can have him from tomorrow...ill take a cab if i need to go anywhere:):)
hes all yours meph...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2001 10:36 pm Reply with quote
((errrr what you coming to see me about lol))