<  Ancient Tomes  ~  Harboring the Masses...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 1970 1:00 am Reply with quote
     The soft candle light flickered dimly in the dark, illuminating a small circle that ensconced it. Reannag's bloodstained face was barely visible, her cheek resting on the white, now bloodied, pillow. She slept deeply...probably something she had been wishing for for some time now. The room was silent, an occasional drip on the windowsill outside, a remnant of a storm gone by.
     Across from the bed, propped against the wall, Gabriel sat watching her. She was so tired....and so hurt. Shifting his weight onto his other leg, Gabriel wondered which hurt more, the physical pain...or his Sire's willing this to happen. It was obvious to anyone she had a deep love for him...and yet a Prince's duty was a Prince's duty.
    Gabriel let a small murmor pass over his thin red lips. It had been merely a few short hours since he had taken Reannag from Esylium. He had met her there shortly after Mephisto's Primogen Party. She was a wreck. Swollen...bloody...battered...completely a wreck. Instantly Gabriel's heart had torn itself. He had spoken to her about the cause of all this...but he knew the answer. It was his Sire...and Valek.
     Out of pity....and remorse....Gabriel cleaned Reannag up, cashed in a favor from a Kindred doctor...and brought her back to his haven. He placed her in his guest bedroom and watched her lapse into sleep. His defenses fell as she weeped...even in her slumber.
    So many emotions went through his mind....his pity for Reannag....his compassion for her...his resentment towards his Sire. And yet....he loved his Sire, undoubtably more than anyone. He felt a fierce loyalty, and even defended him to Reannag...the one who had felt the brunt of his wrath. And that was perhaps what caused so much compassion in him...he felt remorse for not hating his Sire for his actions. He could not take Reannag's side totally...because of his loyalty.
     The heavy wooden door creaked and a yellow beam of light stretched across the room. Gabriel looked over and nodded to the chubby face that poked in from the hallway. Fredrick checking in as usual. The door shut again Gabriel returned his attention to the sleeping Reannag.
    Reaching into his robe's red velvet pocket, he produced a Garcia Vega cigar. Biting the tip off, he sighed, tomorrow after the shock wore off completely Reannag was sure to be a mess....Gabriel would have to do all he could to help.....

((nice post Gabe

((Yep very nice man :) ))

User avatarKindredPosts: 0Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2003 11:46 pm
Rea's body ached.....every time she slipped into sleep she could see valek stood over her, his wicked smile as he tortured her to the point that she wanted to die.
Her hands gripped the sheets as she slept...as she relived all over again what he had done to her.she moaned as the act of gripping the sheets caused her bad hand to throb.
Rea had wanted to beg sorenti not to let this happen...but she had a feeling that it would have been useless and in a way she wanted to suffer....but not this much.
Her eyes closed even tighter in her sleep...trying to rid herself of what she saw with her eyes...the spirit that valek had put inside her....put there to torment her and mock her.
Rea changed positions, trying to find one which didn't press on her wounds. the doctor that gabe had sent for had cleaned her wounds well, he seemed puzzled over why she was in such a mess...
Her lips formed a weary smile...Gabe....she didn't know what she would have if he hadn't helped her .
Her heart wanted to go to blenheim...to see sorenti.....but if she had he would have shunned her..she was sure of that.
Gabe had told her that he had lost everything as well, just because he had visited her.
Her body stiffened as she heard whisperings inside her head...growing louder...chanting the strange words that valek had said to her as he pierced her eyes with fine needles.
Rea tried to close her mind to them but couldn't , the whispering grew louder...repeating the words again and again.
Her lips moved silently mouthing the words of a poem that her mother had taught her...hoping it would dispel the voice in her head.It was no good, no matter what she did ..the voice remained constantly.((jeez valek your an evil sob....:)
It filled her head...there was no escaping it...and as she opened her eyes...she saw the face...the one person who valek knew would torment her the most.
Rea sat up and screamed loudly....all her pain and anger at what she had let happen overwhelming her.
Her lips bled as she screamed, her lips taut and forcing the wounds on them open again....
"Please god...take the demon and spirit away.!!!!!"

((lol bet that made you jump ic gabe....hehehe

Offline Profile
((fantastic posts gab and rea........  ::is glad to have Valek on her side::

~batty~

User avatarLasombraPosts: 12Location: gigglesJoined: Mon Apr 21, 2003 3:56 am
(( ::claps:: Damn good, both of you :)

Offline Profile
    Gabriel set the black paint can down stepping back slightly to admire his work. The window to guest bedroom let no light through, the thick paint blocking out the rising sun completely. Gabriel sighed quietly and smiled at his handywork.
    "PLEASE GOD!!! TAKE THE DEMON AND SPIRIT AWAY!!"
    Gabriel lept slightly and whirled around. Reannag's mangled visage sat upright on the bed, drenched in sweat. Gabriel moved to her side quickly.
    "Reannag.....Rea. It's okay....you're safe. You're with me." Gabriel whispered gently. Reannag began to sob softly. Once more a thin beam of light from the hallway penetrated the room and Fredrick opened the door slightly to check the problem.
    Gently Gabriel pushed Reannag's head against his shoulder, waving Fredrick away with his other hand. Fredrick nodded and shut the door. When Reannag eventually composed herself to mere sniffles, she sat up independently. Gabriel took out his shamrock lighter and began to lite the various candles he had placed around the room. This was more so for his own sake then Reannag's, considering she was blind.
    Reannag looked up to Gabriel, emitting tears from her swollen eyes. Gabriel flicked his lighter closed and turned to her.
    "Gabriel...how....how could he let this happen? I mean..." her sentence was cut short by a spasm of sobs.
Gabriel shook his head.
    "Rea....I don't know....I don't. He didn't want it to happen I know that much. He's expected by everyone to have all the right answers all the time...he's older than most of us...they expect so much of him. To act as a father figure....and as a Prince. It's a lot to live up to."
    "BUT LOOK WHAT HE'S DONE TO ME!!!!" Reannag cried out with broken sobs. Gabriel moved once more to her bedside and held her gently, wondering if he would ever have his Sire back.....

((sorry for the liberty i took with you char Rea...if you dissaprove of anything you said lemme know and i'll edit it.: :)

((Very nice post indeed to both of you :)
And just a small note for rp purpose,just in case Gabriel try something lol,Rea will stay blind until Valek give her the cure...theres no other way possible...And Rea will also have the demons inside her until Valek cast it away :) lol...once again..no other way possible lol

Once again very nice posts :)
And it was a great game Rea,good to have rp with you.

Im glad to have you on my side too Bat :)))

(Edited by Valek at 3:35 pm on Sep. 8, 2001)

((its fine gabe:):)...cant post at the moment will do in the morning/;0;0

Offline Profile
((Ill post what Valek did to Rea in details in another post soon :) so it can help others to rp with her))

(( Heeeeeeeeeeeyyyy .... watch the demon talk.  Jessica's not a demon ... lol ...

I'm joking ...

((There's Jessica's spirit...and the spirit of a demon in her :) lol sorry i should have mentioned it...but the other post about it is coming soon :) ))

Rea held on to Gabe as she sobbed, not knowing what to do...how could she cope with the demon inside her ...and the spirit of jess tormenting her.
"I..I..know...I did wrong....and needed to be punished....sorenti couldn't have stopped that....but for him to...stand....and watch.....how could he.....I..thought he loved me......" she said between sobs.
"I was going to run you know....Calvin removed a bar from the cell window...I could have left the city.....you know how I hated been told what to do...and I know I would have been hunted...but at least I would have had my freedom.....but I didn't....because of sorenti....I knew that if I stayed he would punish me severely and then perhaps people woud see that he is not soft with me....thats why I stayed....I dont suppose ...he has asked how I am....has he ?"

Rea lay back down on the bed...the demon voices had subsided....

Offline Profile