<  Ancient Tomes  ~  The Mortal Child

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 1970 1:00 am Reply with quote
In recent nights Batgirl had been thinking a lot about Porter.  The night that saw the end of their relationship was a traumatic one.  She had resigned from her clan, her haven, her role as Prince of Cascadia and travelled to Venice to study with other Cappadocians.  The same night Porter had chosen to go his own way, she had not heard from him since.  Together they had a child, a mortal child that Porter had found and brought home one evening.  Though Batgirl had never felt maternal towards the infant she suddenly found herself wishing to take custody of him.

She walked quickly along the street but suddenly changed direction, heading towards Reannag's haven instead of the Elysium.  It amused her slightly that Porter had not trusted her to care for the child, instead giving Jacob to Reannag to care for during his absence.  Batgirl had not spoken to Reannag for some time and she had never seen her with Jacob.  The child could be dead for all she knew but she was determined to find out more.  If Jacob was alive she wanted him back.

A dim light could be seen through the downstairs window of the Lasombra's haven, Batgirl knocked on the door then stepped back and waited.

((there you go Reannag hun... I'll turn it over to you now :cool:

~batty~

User avatarKindredPosts: 0Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2003 11:46 pm
Rea sat upstairs in the room watching the t.v with Calvin. She just couldn't understand why he enjoyed them so much and chuckled at him , sat on the sofa, staring at the tv with a large tub of popcorn on his knee.
"your life as a ghoul is too soft Calvin...I may have to confiscate the tv...." she teased him and laughed at the look of horror that came over his face.

A knock could be heard at the door and Calvin began to get up to answer it.
"I'll get it.....I just can't watch no more......" she glanced at the tv and walked to the door...
"If your sure Mistress....don't forget to check on the security monitor though....you never know" he replied.
Rea had told him about her sire being in the city and he still feared for her safety.

"yes Calvin....". she walked to the door and checking the monitor in the computer room....she looked at it and couldn't believe who was at her door.
"Well Batgirl...I wonder what you want with me...."

Rea opened the door and smiled at Batgirl.....
"Hello....what can I do for you bats?"

Offline Profile
(( oohh  Drain isn't going to like this.  more mortal FEELINGS))

The stunning Lasombra opened the door to her slowly, a surprised and almost cautious look was written over her face.

"Hello....what can I do for you bats?"

"Good eve Reannag" She bowed graciously and removed the hood from her cape.  "I apologise for this intrusion but I wonder if we might speak a moment?"

Reannag looked around the quiet street, a mortal rounded the corner and walked steadily in their direction.  "I think perhaps you'd better move, come inside."

Batgirl nodded and followed Reannag inside.  She could hear confused conversations and laughter from a room deeper in the haven, probably from a television set.  "Am I interrupting something?"

Reannag shook her head in reply. "What is it you want Bats?" Batgirl shifted her weight from one foot to the other, this wasn't going to be easy.  She considered casting awe over her to get a quick no-fuss answer but she knew Porter would frown on her actions.

"Actually I am here to see Jacob... is he awake?" Batgirl spoke slowly watching for Reannag's response.

((take it away mistress of the night lol :cool:

~batty~

((topping

no rush reannag, I know you're too damn preoccupied with that whole wedding-thing you've got going to RP with us :P

~batty~

Rea looked warily at Batgirl......"jacob...er...yes he's sleeping I presume....he's not here though.....he lives with a human family now...tell me batgirl.....why the sudden interest in him...its been ages now since Porter left him with me......"
Rea turned to walk into the room....trying to bury the hurt that she felt at having to leave Jacob....she would much rather have him here with her....but maybe she had been right to take him somewhere safe....

"and besides Batgirl...what on earth would you want with a baby....or is it just that he was porter's...is that why you want to see him?"
Rea  sat down on a chair and asked Batgirl to do the same....
Her face softened slightly....perhaps Batgirl still loved porter , if she did , she could understand why she wanted to see Jacob......

((soz it took so long for me to reply Bats.....its my first time on the comp since sunday....im soooooo busy...hehehe

Offline Profile
Batgirl listened to Reannag and answered her questions carefully.  Reannag wasn't such a push-over as Batty had hoped, she seemed very suspicious and untrusting of her.

Reannag explained that the best thing for everyone involved would be to leave the mortal child with the mortal family he'd been placed with.  He belonged with his own kind.  Batgirl unhappily agreed with the Lasombra and apologised again for the intrusion before making her excuses to leave.  

Once outside, she glanced up at the first floor windows of Reannag's haven.  Though no shadow could be seen the curtain moved.  Batgirl turned away from the haven and disappeared into the night.

((just finishing this thread up before it gets lost lol

~batty~

((okies bats was beginning to worry then lol you would have to come see me in a cell about jacob....Rea is suspicious...about anyone showing interest in jacob...she was when vincent was asking about him.....

Offline Profile