<  Ancient Tomes  ~  Thorp in Cascadia

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 1970 1:00 am Reply with quote
Batgirl sheathed her weapon then quickly slipped her arm and head through the straps of her satchel, she needed her arms free to run as soon as the car came to a stop.

Thorp was the first to run... Gabriel and Batgirl exited from opposite sides of the car.  Casting celerity she ran in the direction their car faced, in the distance she could hear the dull thud of Thorp's feet landing on a shop awning.  Gabriel ran in another direction.  She didn't turn back to look.  In seconds she was three blocks away from the Audi, across the street was a stormwater grate in the gutter.  She pulled up the grate and grimaced as she climbed inside, dragging the metal grate back over the hole above her.  She dropped down to the bottom, a fall of around two metres and was dismayed to find the pipe held two feet of water.

She didn't know where these pipes and drains lead to.... she only hoped they would lead to the Nosferatu or at least somewhere dry and away from the hated sunlight.

Still using celerity, she sloshed through the water turning right towards the city.  She travelled as far as she could through the maze of the storm water system until she came to a maintenance door.  She didn't dare open it without using psychic projection to check what was on the other side.  A man dressed in a greyish-green uniform stood in a small room beyond the door.  The coterie really didn't fed enough at the Ventrue shack and she had used much of her blood in healing and other disciplines.

"I think I deserve a little breakfast" She mused to herself.  She pulled open the door surprising the mortal.  She smiled seductively at him - before he could react, her fangs were deep in his neck.  She fed hungrily draining him completely.  He slipped into unconsciousness she released her hold on him letting him drop heavily to the ground.  Kneeling beside him, she quickly searched his pockets taking his wallet, keys, watch and wedding ring.  Glancing around the room she saw nothing of interest.  There was another door which probably lead to the outside world or other maintenance workers.  She didn't dare to take that exit, instead she back tracked the way she came.

Eventually she came to an intersection in the pipe system.  She remembered having come from the left so this time she turned right.  The further she walked the lower the water level became.  The sewers seemed totally void of life except for a very large rat that had scurried past her.

She checked her pocket watch, it was almost two hours since the coterie had fled from the Audi.  The sun would now be warming the faces of the mortals as they went about their day.  Tired, lost and with no idea of where to go, she sighed and dropped her satchel and cape on a dry patch of concrete and sat down.  She wasn't keen on resting there so instead she took out the dead man's wallet and occupied herself with its contents.

((hello?? Drain?? Islington?? helppppppp  lol  btw, that big rat could've been Drain's pet rat Alexander......

~batty~

((Excellent post!! :) man i cant wait to read more of that :) ))

((Drain is sleeping, just like you should be.   and close to the woods enternces are alligators too so don't forget it.))

PussyPosts: 2Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2003 1:06 am
Thorp walked slowly, not minding the filthy feeling that emmanated from the whole setting. He sniffed again,  barely catching a faint Nosferatu trail. He sheathed Lupus Mortis, and began walking down the only part of Cascadia he didn't know as well as his own history.
It seemed like seconds after, Thorp's attuned ears could catch splashing very far back, the acoustics in the pipeline enhanced the sound, confusing the kindred, not knowing the exact distance of the source. He unsheathed Lupus and closed his eyes, concentrating on the sound. 2 sets of feet...heavy, fast, getting closer...nails..no, claws. So, the garou HAD followed.
"Goddamnit." He muttered under his breath and stopped himself from instinctively casting celerity, that would completly deplete his blood pool, and he couldn't afford that. He broke into a tired, painful run. The garou smell, very faint, confirmed it...he was being tracked down. He tried to always turn in one direction while running, hoping that wouldn't result in going around in cirlces, but it was hard with the now very real growls and smells of the garou not 500 meters back.
He turned what could0ve been the 100th right and stopped dead on his tracks.
"Oh, crap." 2 beady, intelligent eyes were staring at his own. Attached to the eyes a skull that was mostly jaws...a huge ghoul alligator.  The garou had slowed, sensing their prey stopping...
The alligator bit nothing but air, it had struck in half a blink of the eye, Thorp's evation of it surprised himself more than the reptile, as it looked around, not finding his prey, finally realizing what had happened and turning around, the huge pipe barely capable of fitting the beast.
Thorp DID cast celerity, trying to use as less blood as possible, and ran away from the both the garou and the dinosaur, hoping the second would slow the first..at least a little. He stopped himself inches from a solid, depressing, dead end. He turned around, the garou were finishing off the beast, Thorp looked up, an exit.. a sewer lid. Sunrise had just happened, judging by the very faint, yet painful, rays of sunlight filtering from the old heavy lid. 2 choices, fighting 2, very angry thanks to the alligator, gaqrou single-handedly, or frying himself to ashes by jumping, up. The second seemed like a less painful death, not honorable at all but reasonable, altough it could endanger masquerade. The first was just plain, simple suicide. He closed his eyes and stepped back, his back, still covered by the ripped coat, bumped into the metallic wall...producing a hollow metallc thud. Hollow? He didn't even think about it twice, using all his strength he half pierced, half broke the metal with Lupus Mortis, and using both hands cut an irregular shape that meant a door...escape, maybe a few more minutes of life...hope. He kicked the metal finishing the irregular door as the once part of the wall piece fell with a victorious clank. He jumped through, barely noticing the other side was strangely dry, and  ran, his last casted celerity long over. His only hope was that the overconfident garou had been surprised, buying him at least 2 seconds, 2 seconds that would be longer than the whole 726 years of life, and unlife, Thorp had been through. He didn't stop at all when his feet found water again, 2 feet of viscous liquid under him, he kept running and got to a door. The pure madness of a closed, normal sized human-made door. His contorted to an expresion of madness as he crashed into it, breaking it at the hinges and kept running. He cursed realizing the door incident had just given back the garou the lost 2 seconds. He was about to leave the room to which the door led to, still running, and barely noticed a corpse, a mortal corpse with 2 incision marks at the neck.
He broke out finding himself in the ultimate pain, he had probably busted a rib crashing at the strong metal door, cracked it  and bending  it so it punctured a lung. He supreesed the desire to collapse in a heap and ran, still not believing the garou had not already bitten his head off, attaching it to a stake and using it as trophy.
"Graventhorp!?" The cry of mixed surprise, relieve and suspicion banged Thorp harder than the garou could ever do.
Batgirl stood up and walked to a City Gangrel, that didn't seem at all out of place, dead on his tracks. He could only utter 2 words:
"Garou following."
"What?? There's no garou nearby..." Batgirl responding dubiously
Graventhorp fell to his knees, still expecting the garou to crash a paw through his chest. And fell unconcious.

His mouth felt like filled with cotton, his left side felt like it had been cleanly sliced off, or maybe burnt away with sulfuric acid. He painfully opened his eyes, not surprised he had gone blind, then realixing it was only the black metallic ceiling.
"You awake now? Here, drink this." The Cappadocian handed the City Gangrel a rudimentary glass made of what seemed to be fur. He drank the content, his senses growing stronger, the content was like an elixir, he felt his body awaken and wanting more, feeling already stronger. He finished the delicious liquid and stared at the container...a garou paw...
"Isn't garou blood the best?" Batgirl was working with wierd cappa utensils at the corpse of a garou. The corpse of a garou with no head, next to the corpse of another garou with no head.
Batgirl smiled at what was obviously a perplexed expression on Thorp's face...
"I didn't do it... there was a trap.. this blade that activated not too far back, with weights maybe. It sliced both their heads clean off. I'm sure its one of Drain's traps."

Graventhorp felt like a Ventrue in the Taj Mahal, strong, on a dirty environment, with 2 dead lupines at his feet, his blood pool completly full with their blood and no wounds left whatsoever. Batgirl seemed pretty excited too, making all sorts of wierd things with the corpses, using all sorts of wierd cappa utensils, smiling all the time.
Thorp heard the slow footsteps first and stood up, ready to unsheathe Lupus, and then relaxed when his nostrils informed him it was a ventrue approaching, it was Gabriel approaching.

Offline Profile
((heheh nice Thorp, very nice......... :vampire: now where did that pesky Gabriel get to? I'll give him a little time to get over his beach trip to post something otherwise I'll jump in :cool:

~batty~

((I'll give Gab a bit more time.... Gabriel if you're out there, can you let us know if you want to take the reigns on the next bit or if we should flog this horse without you.... lol.... :cool:

~batty~

(( you broke my door. you better pay for that lol)) (( and clean up you mess to cause im a crappy house keeper ))

((lol@Drain
Yeah Gabe, if you can read this then you can post, so please let us know if we should or shouldn't continue the storyline.... you know I'ts pretty addiciting

Offline Profile
((heheh Thorp broke your door Drain........ it wasn't me....... heheh

GAAAAAAAABBBBBBBB!!!!!!!!!!!!  ::looks around::  where is that pesky little PV?

~batty~
::is addicted::

((ok, wtf!?! thsi thread used to have at least 9 pages, now there's 6.. i checked page one and its the beginning.. ic hecked the last page and its is the latest...I didn't go over them one by one, but were any pages erased?!?

Gabe!!!!!!!

Offline Profile
((it's ok Thorp, nothing has been lost.  I was messing around with the forum settings and I changed the number of posts per page.... it went from 10 to 15 or something like that...... don't ask me why, it just seemed like a good idea lol

~batty~

((what's goin' on?? This was once one of, or THE, most popular storyline in the whole MB, and now... I guess its time to put an end to it, It would rock if you would post something Gabe, but if you don't by Wednesday, I'll just give the storyline an end right where it is (well, I'll get us OUT of the sewers, but not much more than that).

::sniffs sadly:: This is like losing a loved friend ::blows his nose::

Offline Profile
((topping for thorp :)

and thou shalt not end this thread....... I command thee by the power instilled in me by Cappadocius!

~batty~

((Topping too lol,yeah man dont end this thread :( i cant wait to read more of it))

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2001 2:50 pm Reply with quote
((COOL new MB! But there's still no replies to this thread! GABE? ::is still confused with new MB::

Offline Profile