<  Ancient Tomes  ~  Thorp in Cascadia

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 1970 1:00 am Reply with quote
((I will write up what i do and it will be for this spot lol))

As Sorenti stood outside the Pub, movement to his right caught his eye, the dim streetlights and faint moonlight lit a figure emerging from what seemed to be a sewer entrance. Sorenti instantly assumed it to be either a workman or one of the Nosferatu and turned away, but a flash of light attracted his attention back to the figure.

Using his senses, Sorenti focused in on the bright blade reflecting the light almost as if it possessed it's own light source. Watching the figure as they sheathed the blade, Sorenti felt a pang of shock at a vague memory of that now slightly familiar blade. As the figure turned to light a cigar and walked into the light, Sorenti saw it was Graventhorp. He ducked and got into the waiting taxi, deciding to go back to Blenheim and research that blade, fixing it's image into his mind and making a note it may have a Gangrel history.

PussyPosts: 2Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2003 1:06 am
Thorp eyed his mentor, altough he was mostly covered in grey hair, it didn't hide his bulging muscles. Thorp had no doubt that if he wanted to, Odnan could sliceand dice most kindred in less than half a second., wich wasn't reassuring at all.
"Make the first move."
"odnan, I tell you, I'm like in half my strength right now...i cou.."
Thorp was rudely interrupted by a slash, which he could barely avoid by somersaulting backwards.
"What the.."
"Are we fighting or talking?"
Thorp ducked and rolled avoiding a slash that would've separated his head from his neck. He knew that Odnan wasn't giving it his all, he was trying to piss Thorp off. And he was doing a pretty good job.
Graventhorp stood up slowly...ready to avoid any other strikes.
"Odnan...don't do this..."
"Graventhorp... I'm tired. I've been alive for 999 years.. I'll be 1000 in 2 days.... I can't take it anymore. My memories of my mortal life are the only thing that kept me going.. but now, they're almost all gone..I can't keep this up. And what better way to leave than by the hands of my favorite childe?"
Thorp looked at his mentor in a way he had never before, in that of a normal being. Vulnerable, not the almost godly image he once had.
Odnan smiled...he was trying to look friendly, but with what he looked like...he only looked out-right terrifying.
"But... I could never kill you."
"You have one of the most ancient mysterious, and probably powerful weapons ever made. That, courage, and will, will make you invincible."
Odnan made another attempt to a friendly grin.
"That and good luck."
With that Odnan striked, Thorp parried, barely. And jumped over Odnan, somersaulting and being careful to be out of his mentor's blade. As soon as he landed, he ducked, turned stood up and slashed.
Odnan parried it easily, but, to Thorp's surprise Lupus Mortis kept going. Thorp gasped as Thorp's old rapier, the weapon odnan was using suddenly split in half, and instants later odnan's head fell to the floor.
Thorp couldn't know how long he stood in stupor. But then he sniffed what could be a garou not far off, and decided to leave, using the same way he used to get there.

He exited the sewer system, remembering how to by Drain's explanation, in mid-town Cascadia. He relaized he still had Lupus Mortis in his hand, and turned to sheathe it, smiling as he noticed that strapped where hsi old sheathe used to be, was the black, embroidered pieco of art that was Lupus Mortis' own sheathe.
Graventhorp put on his shades, lit a cigar, and began walking to hsi haven, thinking of the past.

Offline Profile
(( well, i just thought "Ventrue." Write asap man, we don't want to keep the fans waiting...

Offline Profile
((ok, got tired of waiting, Don't worry Sor, I won't say nothing about a finger, this is right after my last post, but before what would be your next post..i now its confusing but...ah just read.

Thorp leaned closer, he wanted to know all about the sword and the finger. He caught and processed every single of Sorenti's words...
"well, there are many versions of what the finger really does..."

*flash*
"Hey, fiend, leave the lady be!"
"Who wants me too?"
Graventhrop was only 19, but he was halfway to the latest Crusade called, and he felt the most powerful being in Earth.
"Graventhorp of Locksley."
"Who?"
Thorp unwieleded his sword, spilling the mug of ale in front of him, stood up and faced the drunk villager that was harassing the beautiful damsel.
The villager pushed the damsel, who was catched by another drunk villager, and unwielded a rapier.
Thorp removed the villager's belt in one swipe, and slashed at his hand with another. The drunk villager yelped and dropped the rapier. Suddenly mayhem exploded, every single person in the bar drew a weapon of a sort, or at least, smashed a bottle and wielded that.
Thorp used his own longsword and the villager's rapier, using all the skills he had acquired in Locksley.
Only two persons stayed out of the fight, for even the damsel was throwing chairs, both wore long black robes and were paler than a prisoner that has been in a  dungeon for years.
Suddenly one of them signaled to the other with a nod, and the figure stood up, unwielding something that seemed to be a bloody scimitar.
Thorp was having the most fun he had ever had, until he saw the robed figure's weapon, suddenly it wasn't fun anymore.
The robed figure approached Graventhorp:
"My sire does not appreciate being disturbed." The figure said signaling to the other robed figure, who was still seated. "And you started all this, so you will be punished."
With that, the figure's scimitar went for Thorp's head, Thorp ducked and tried to put both his blades into the figure's guts, but the scimitar's handle prevented him from doing it. Thorp gasped as he was kicked, way too hard, and found himself flying towards a wall. He stood up slowly, raging, and discovered he had lost the longsword somewhere during his flight towards the wall.
He broke a screaming run and tried to remove the figure's head from its place, being received by a slash in the chest.
Thorp's eyes grew in size, and a pained moan escaped his lips, he wielded the rapier in the longsword's sheath, and put his hands to his chest, there was now a pool of the blood at his feet. There was a smile from beneath the figure's hood, and the scimitar was hidden from view again.
Thorp lost his balance and fell on the table where the figure's "sire" was reading some manuscripts. Thorp could tell the figure was missing a finger when the finger less hand shoved him away, sending him flying out of the inn.
He half-crawled half-walked away from the inn, and soon found himself in the forest. He sat, leaning against a tree, and accepted his end was near.
Suddenly a figure was upon him, the figure had fangs that showed even when the mouth was closed, and yellow eyes that glowed like a wolf's.
Thorp stood up painfully and unsheathed the rapier.
"You stand up to me?" the figure said in a beast-like, raspy voice. "Your injured...but you stand against me."
Thorp was too weak to say anything, and instead brought the rapier up.
"You deserve to be Odnan's childe, brave one."
The rapier hit the forest's floor, Thorp losing its grip on him, and as the wolf creature bit his neck, Thorp distinguished a superb sword sheath  with embroidred  silver wolves, and focused on a specially attracting wolf's head...and blacked out...

*flash*
Thorp was brack to the present, he had not thought about his last nigt as a mortal in centuries. But a detail kept nagging him at the back of his mind, the figures that were that night in the inn were obviously Cappadocians...and one of them, his attacker's sire, was missing a finger...

Sorenti continued: "...but the one I believe to be true..."

(Edited by Graventhorp at 10:46 am on Aug. 14, 2001)

Offline Profile
:as the two living dead men exit the car.  A small unnoticed pair of beady eyes blinks.  Then scurries from its trashcan and heads for the sewer drain....

((ok

Thorp had the urging temptation to trash, or at least dirty a little the limo, it even smelled of some sort of cleaning substance, which was covering old blood scents. Blood had been in here, and not only once.
He looked out the window, the driver was taking the longest way to Cappa Catta, he could've just turned in that alleyway 2 blocks back, straight into the abandoned tunnel, and then be just 3 minutes from Cappa Catta, the way they were going, it would be at least 15 minutes to get there, not counting the traffic.
"Why did Sorenti say Tremere?"
Once again Thorp caught Gabe's reaction to the word.
"Tr-Tremere, Well, I don't know, but the sword was made by Cappas, so we should see Cappas." Gabe turned back to the window.
Thorp coudln't help but wondering, had the prince really made a mistake...had he found out something else? He put a hand over the hilt of the sword that seemed to be turning Cascadia upside-down.

"The limo is making an interesting sound..you should have it checked."
"But I hear no..ok I'll make it have checked." Gabe muttered as both kindred stepped down from the limo, already at Cappa Catta.
"Batgirl should be here, we should ask her."
Thorp's mind wandered, last time he ahd seen Batgirl, her face was blood tear stained, and she was kneeling next to Judas..
He shook the memory away, reminding himself he still had not found the seneschal's killer, and concentrated on the present.

((ok, I don't know how cappa catta is, so I'll leave it here. Either of you can continue here,  Bats and Gabe.

Offline Profile
   Gabriel smiled as he looked out over the city. Ah, the top floor. The city spanned out for what seemed like forever. Around the Mississippi Shipping Co. skyrise sat several other buildings. All twisted and hardened masses of steel and cement, reaching towards the sky. Of course, as if to make a point, Gabriel had made sure his was the tallest.
   He chuckled to himself at his arrogance and swirled around to face the door as it opened. Graventhorp stood in the doorway, looking VERY out of place in the clean office.
   "When's the last time you bathed Thorp?"
   "I dunno, 40 or 50 year, listen I came to talk to you about..."
   "Lupus Mortis?" Gabriel interjected. He had been in the middle of a board meeting when Sorenti tuned him into his conversation with Graventhorp. Very unusual, Sorenti rarely contacted Gabriel telepathically unless it was extremely important. Gabriel had zoned out the rest of the meeting and allowed Mephisto to handle it.
   "Not exactly, Sorenti told me to talk to a Tremere, and I came to you, are you close to any?"
    Gabriel felt his heart skip a beat. He didn't know whether to feel insulted or flattered. For Thorp to come to HIM in a situation like this was certainly flattering...however, assuming he would associate himself with ANY Tremere. Gabriel shuddered, feeling his age old hatred well up inside him. He composed himself and forced a calm nature in his voice.
    "No....I don't know any.....Tremere." his voice was slow and articificial, "Perhaps Sorenti was pre-occupied, nothing good can come from a Tremere. We should speak with the Cappadocians instead..."
    "Gabriel....we?" Thorp asked slowly, raising an eyebrow. Gabriel was already striding across the room towards the door.
    "Yes we, it's obvious now that my Sire wished for me to assist you in gathering as much information as possible. Come, we'll see the Cappadocians together."
    Gabriel yanked his black trenchcoat off the coat hanger, threatening to topple it. He pulled it around his shoulders and opened the heavy office doors.

Within minutes they were riding in the back of Gabriel's limousine towards the Former Prince's Haven. Gabriel looked to Graventhorp. He was STILL very much out of place.
    Gabriel smiled and looked out the window at the passing city.....

((lets get Bats in on this too! but for now you take it away Thorp

((well the fingerless Cappa may be dead now, but wasn't 707 years ago? Or maybe it was jsut a whole 'nother fingerless Cappa, and the thought of a Cappa finger brought the memory back to Thorp... Ahh, i love Rping, the possibilites....

Thorp sat there for hours, not really sure what to do or think. He knew no Tremere personally, not In Cascadia at least. He got tired of sitting, strapped lupus' sheath and decided to go to Elysium.
"Sir! What are you doing?!?" Aitreni, Thorp's ghoul, suddenly screamed.
"I'm goin' out, what's the big deal?"
"Sir, it's almost noon, why do you want to kill yerself??"
Thorp raised an eyebrow. "Noon?". He had stayed sitted and thinking way more than he thought he had.

Thorp couldn't even think of lying down, let alone sleep, he just read and re-read the photocopies of Sorenti's books. He wondered if Odnan knew  about Lupus Mortis' real potential. He tried to think how many odnan, and only Odnan, had killed with Lupus. Thorp had seen at least a couple hundred, what about all those years before  he arrived and after Thorp left, and when he didn't see Odnan use it. How many souls had the thing absorbed!?
Thorp tried to look for a clock, he was sure he ahd one somewhere. No clock, no watch.
"Aitreni, waht time is it??"
"The sun will sink in two minutes." Came the answer from the flight above.
"Thanks, and you should really think of cleaning this dump!"
"I do, every single day, you just trash it as often.
Thorp mumbled something about ghouls being disrespectful, put on his shades to hide his eyes from mortals, and ventured out.

Thorp stopped halfway to Elysium. Gabriel most know some Tremere, they had been through some together, he might help. He recalled the map of Cascadia in his head, the Mississippi Shipping Company's skyrise was close. He took a shortcut through an alleyway and got to the skyrise.
He entered, muttering somehting about the place being Ventrue clean, and noticed the guards and the receptionist were eyeing him suspiciously.
He walked to the elevator, and was stopped by the receptionists voice.
"May I be of any assistance, sir?"
Thorp turned to her, and tried his best polite smile, trying to keep his unstealthy fangs concealed:
"No, thank you very much, i just came to see Gabriel, Gabriel O'Brien."
"Mr. O'Brien is busy, sir."
Thorp could tell the receptionist was lying, he could here her heart beat accelerate. And the two security guards were a wreck, they had their hands millimeters from their guns.
"I'll just go on up, thank you."
He turned to the guards, that were dubious of what to do, and gave them a look, both turned back, and carried on with their work, standing.
In the elevator, Thorp wondered on what floor Gabe was, slapped his forehead, and pressed the button for the highest floor on the building.

He stepepd out of the elevator, walked down a hall, and opened the double doors at the end of it.
"Yes, sir?"
Thorp eyed the place, it reeked of Ventrue. The security was tight, Gabe obviously had enemies. He looked around, there 2 doors, one bigger than the other, next to the bigger one was a ghoul that looked way too much like a gorilla. THe big one was obviously Gabe's office, the other was probably Mephisto's.
Thorp turned to the human eyeing him.
"I'm here to see Ga..err, Mr. O'Brien"
"Who is looking for him, may I ask?"
Thorp stopepd himself from saying his anme, Graventhorp was too medieval, so he used his mortal name.
"Mr. G. Thorp."
Thorp smiled at the originality of his name, and watched as the secretary pressed a button, and talked into it, trying not to be heard, but Thorp's ears caught the whole converstaion as clear as if it was directed to him.
"Sir, a dirty bum that calls himself G.Thorp. Is here, should I call security?"
"G.Th--? Oh, no, don't, just let him in." Came the response from the com speaker.
The secretary obviously didn't expect that, she made a face like she had been asked to go to bed with a Nosferatu, and nodded.
"H-He's just behind that door, sir"
Thorp nodded and walked towards it, he nodded to the ghoul, who nodded back, and walked in.

Gabriel's office was at the top of the skyrise, with a view that would probably make most mortals pee in their pants, even if they weren't agoraphobic. The place was decorated..well, like a Ventrue's office, too expensively.
"Graventhorp, come on in."
Thorp closed the doors behind him, and noticed the place was sound proof, even his ears had trouble hearing what was going on outside.
"When was the last time you bathed, Thorp?" Gabe uttered his usual greeting.
"I dunno, 40, 50 years, listen I came here to talk to you about.."
"Lupus Mortis?"
Thorp raised an eyebrow, the word had obvously spread.
"Not exactly, Sorenti told me to talk to a Tremere, And I came to you, are you close to any?"

((take it from there, gabe.

Offline Profile
((hmmm when did you become a Cappa OOC Gabe? lmao

((lol! you just SCREWED yourself Graven. hehe. give me back my fingerrrrrr.....give me back my fingeerrrrrr!!! ::menaces::

"yes" said Sorenti, continuing, unsure of whether Thorp was still with him or lost in another world....he paused until Thorp's eyes became focused upon him again, then carried on.....

"The one I believe to be true from what I have read is this.....the Gangrel probably took it as a trophy, yet being so close to the sword itself, the spirits invoked into the blade caused the finger to become a sort of vessel. Channelling and absorbing the pieces of spirit and soul from those the sword slays....

A Tremere could probably explain it better, but the finger appears to be the link to the mortal world for the spirits constrained within the blade itself.....hence why it appears to be freshly cut.......the souls, along with the spirits in the sword, keep the finger living.....the spirits are dead, the finger is half dead, half alive.....and the final link is the wielder of the sword, which completes the circle of existence between the mortal world and the realm of death.....or as far as I can make out anyway.

I would advise you to only use the sword when you absolutely HAVE to....just in case....with forces like this, feasibly very strong, be careful....there is a chance they could leap into the wielder of the sword...namely you. But I do suggest going to see a Tremere, might be wise to be on the safe side.....very possibly they might know of a binding spell to prevent that from happening.

Anyway Thorp....as I'm sure you're aware, I have many things to attend to, so do excuse me.....and be damn careful with that thing."

Sorenti stood up, dusting himself off and eyeing Lupus Mortis warily. He felt for the hilt of La Magra, just for reassurance, and smiled to Thorp, nodding curtly as he headed for the door.

((ummm ooops lol....the Cappa whose finger it is was killed by the Gangrel but nm lol....if he's alive....or unalive....he is gonna come for his finger lolol

((the above is actually a part of Thorp's story, and its the same night he was embraced, as you can see, Thorp stopped in a french town, where the Inn was, with his army, he was on his way to the holy land in what would turn out to be the last crusade. Just a little feedback. Oh, and the slash that the Cappa gave him with the scimitar left a scar that is still there.

Offline Profile
((kk...it'll have to wait a couple of days lol...I'm only half way through researching rituals that require a part of the body.....also now you have added that the finger looks fresh yet is like 1500 years old....I gotta look that up too lmao.....I'll post asap :) nice post btw, you got Sor pretty accurately :)