<  OOC  ~  You Make the Call!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 12:01 am Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
Alright folks. From past threads it's looks as though we've narrowed down our new Prince to a Nosferatu. I know for a lot of you the issue of a new Prince is irrelevant as your characters rarely even set foot in Cascadia any longer....but I'm sure we'd still appreciate your help!

So, who's our Nossie Prince? Start brainstorming for personality traits, background, appearance, etc etc..

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 2:56 am Reply with quote
User avatarTremerePosts: 845Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 2:47 pm
In an odd juxtaposition of extremes, he should be the most hideously deformed Nos ever to walk the face of the earth, but with dress sense that has the entirety of Clan Toreador seething with envy.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 5:42 am Reply with quote
User avatarCappadocianPosts: 590Location: Sydney, AustraliaJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 11:55 am
A supremely ugly Nos prince would make it easy to explain why he doesn't get about as freely as a normal player-controlled prince :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 8:25 am Reply with quote
User avatarSetitePosts: 90Location: san francisco, caJoined: Mon Apr 07, 2003 5:18 pm
wait until tomorrow, i think i can bang out some good ideas for a nos prince.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 8:35 am Reply with quote
User avatarCappadocianPosts: 167Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2003 12:48 am
I've played A LOT with Drain back when we were still in game, he's quite honestly the absolute BEST Nosferatu Ive seen period, so my toughts on it, I think a few Drain touches would be quite good ( With the agreement of Drain of course )

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 9:38 am Reply with quote
User avatarSetitePosts: 90Location: san francisco, caJoined: Mon Apr 07, 2003 5:18 pm
a nos, who knows everyhting and everyone. who is the head of all information and yet commands enough respect from what he has done for the camarilla. something alng those lines. nad please for the love of god, give them mask of 1000 faces.
it's nothign against the nos (considering i'm playing a fairly dodgy one as we speak). but you don't want to offend the toreador.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 2:49 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 71Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 9:00 pm
Well I disagree with that....

It seems more likely to me, that were a Nosferatu actually Prince of a city, and there was a Toreador presence, we must make certain assumptions.

Considering the situation of Cascvadia, there were two options for the Camm.

Put in a strong Prince that will govern well, firm but fair.
Put in a puppet to be controlled.

A Nosferatu is probably the most unlikely and unsuitable clan to use as a puppet in this situation; so we must assume that it was chosen because of its strength of character.

Given this, were I a Nosferatu in such power, when contact with others was necessary, I am reasonably sure I would not betray my vanity or weakness and cover myself up for the benefit of others.

IT is perfectly acceptable for it to use Mask to gain info, and spy, etc, but in public, I think itd be rather unapprorpriate to use it unless necessary (ie, unawakened mortals present or something).

To me, the situation has to necessitate certain characteristics to a Nosferatu Prince; one must allow causality to be present, because otherwise, it makes very little sense.

Anyway, as for a Prince's characters;

Male, Female, doesnt matter IMO.

What I see as likely is this:

400 years old. European Cammarilla. English/French/German... Made a minor mistake in defending someones honour (A Tori?), who shunned him because of it. His Primo/Prince/A Justicar, took pity, and "punished" him by exile to a brave new world, to make him Prince in a city that has been through the shit.

The Nosferatu will know few "locals" (unless other PC's want to write that it, though i think thats not needed), adding to his sense of isolation, he should abstein from public duties where possible. His information network will be absolute. Nothing (unless incredibly well planned) will go without his attention. Certain PCs could secretly be contacted by the admins to act as spies for the Prince and so on, to add to the intrigue.

He should be well versed in the history of Cascadia, and have some experience in such situations; perhaps he was a Sherrif previously, and then a Primogen - giving him excellent qualifications.

In mortality, perhaps an artisan in the romantic era of Italy? Never a great, but an apprentice type... Was embraced in his late 30's. Ended up in Britian/France/Germany, got some respect, fell "in love" (or thereabouts), tried to defend hos object of affection, she shunned him, he was to be punished (because she had contacts?), then he was "outcast" as the lesser of several evils.

Thats what I reckon anyway :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 7:06 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
Well, as far as how a Nosferatu would react to the public eye I can only remind you all of Calebros, the temporary Nosferatu of New York. He hated every moment of his Princeship (word?) but he carried out his duties grudgingly.

That's just one Nosferatu, so it's by no means dictating how all would react. But I think if the Nosferatu comes to town, then a few more of his colleagues should arrive as well to set up an appropriate information system or at least become familiar with the currently set Nosferatu system of info (where Drain comes in).

IMO, the current Prince should be something of a puppet put in place by the Camarilla until they completely regain stability in Cascadia. That's not to say our Nossie Prince wouldn't be a formidable adversary on his own, but his unfortunate past has dropped him right where he doesn't wish to be. In charge of a city, but not really in charge.

As for his past, anything is really suitable if you go with the scenario of a figurehead. If he's taking all his important decisions from the opinions of the Cammie higher ups, then it really doesn't make a difference if he's skilled in governing or not.

As far as appearances go, Calebros never gave a crap what people thought of his appearance, why should ours? Most Nosferatu seem to enjoy watching the disgust on other Kindred's faces.

I STILL think that his personal meeting room should be in the dankest, nastiest, most shit-infested corner of the sewer. And everyone who wished to see him (aside of course from the Cammie officials who control him) would have to wallow through feces and God knows what else in order to meet with him.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 7:23 pm Reply with quote
User avatarMalkavianPosts: 7Location: São Paulo, BrazilJoined: Sat Jun 07, 2003 5:09 pm
Well, I must say I simply love Gabriel's idea of the meeting room. I've met a few players in pnp that played awesome chars... and some of them had hobbies, like collecting rags that flowed around the sewers and use it to decorate their havens. And since this particular place in the sewers will become the Prince's hq, that's something that needs a decent description. And what about body size?? Is he small, is he tall, how does he walk...
As long as the past of the char goes, I think that although he is a Nosferatu, he shouldn't have been a Camm spy. Maybe a Primo and for sure a Sheriff.
Apart from that, the most important thing is that we narrow down his behavior, so everybody has a pattern to look at when considering anything envolving the Prince.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 6:57 am Reply with quote
RavnosPosts: 0Location: QuebecJoined: Sun May 25, 2003 4:39 am
I truly think the prince SHOULD have a ugly ass face but he should hide it behind a beautifully carved glass mask made by the toreador. He hides his face as a constant reminder of who our caracters really are and promotes the masquerade.

Stone

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 9:49 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 34Location: New YorkJoined: Thu Oct 02, 2003 5:00 pm
Ooh, a Nos prince with a GREAT network... I like Euryon's Idea...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:45 am Reply with quote
User avatarNosferatuPosts: 330Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2003 3:50 am
Hi all its Misty (RL has slowed down a little :twisted: )just thought I would throw something in to remind the elders of the past of cascadia. (Forgive me :D ) btw I have reading some of your threads.Love the stories!

I was Primogen for the Gangrels in Cascadia in the past.Drain and i Had our difference. But Euryon made a great point ..Drain dose mask himself to get info,where others cant get........and I think that would make him a great assesset as prince.Dont forget Drain Knows alot of Cascadia's past and he was sheriff duringthe time he was primogen of his clan. Drain had respect due to the fact that he filled all of his dueties as primogen and sheriff and not to mention that his clan is neutral. you all know.......it was nice to post again ....but I missed the game.I suck at the writing thing.....you are all great at writing stories.....I LOVE READING THEM.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:25 pm Reply with quote
User avatar"Brujah"Posts: 62Location: Central FloridaJoined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:37 am
I agree, Drain should be the Prince. Every Sewer Rat deserves a chance to rule. :wink:

Just remember, the Prince of a city is usually the first to be placed in the crosshairs. :twisted:

Enjoy your position.

I feel the anger changing me!
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:37 pm Reply with quote
User avatarRavnosPosts: 406Location: Inside Big RedJoined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:32 pm
umm...does "NPC hierarchy" ring any bells?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:58 am Reply with quote
User avatar"Brujah"Posts: 62Location: Central FloridaJoined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:37 am
[quote:f728e9a68c="Kahn"]umm...does "NPC hierarchy" ring any bells?[/quote:f728e9a68c]

To hell with it. NPCs don't always have to fill in the gaps. Let a PC take control for once, maybe they can get something done (like a sect change, oh the possibilities.)

Ohhhhhh baby, that's how I take my Bloody drink.

I feel the anger changing me!
Offline Profile