<  OOC  ~  HELP! NEED CASCADIA INFO

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:40 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 13Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:21 pm
I have read the Cascadia Revisited posts and I have tried to figure out what the political standing in Cascadia is . . . . but I am left with little info.

In our thread [b:61b15c7934]Path to Eternity [/b:61b15c7934]we are headed directly into Cascadia - and I don't even know if there is a Prince or if the city is even Camarilla any longer. Who runs it? I know there was talk at one point about putting a Nos Prince in . . . did that ever happen? Is it purely a human society again with a few Kindred still milling about? Is it Sabbat? Are Gabe and Sorenti still there?

Does anyone know the answers? If I could get a rundown I would be ever so grateful. I would hate to step on any toes by accidentally writting something that is contradictory to the 'true' Cascadia.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:53 pm Reply with quote
User avatarToreadorPosts: 433Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2003 5:14 pm
If i recall correctly, there IS no player character hierarchy in Cascadia.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:02 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
If your thread is current, then no, Gabe is NOT in Cascadia. His Childe Tyler is presiding over his affairs.

As for the Prince, Seneschal, etc. I THINK the general idea was that Cascadia is on a bit of lockdown. The Inner Circle removed Valek from the position of Prince and installed a token Prince and hierarchy. There's probably more than a few Archons lurking about.

I don't think we finalized the Clan and name of the Hierarchy, but I think they're still there.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:03 pm Reply with quote
Is there ANY Hierarchy? NPC Kindred or otherwise?

If I read this correctly it would mean that Cascadia is a human run society? Is there any Camarilla, Anarch, or Sabbat presence at all?

From the Cascadia Revisited thread I know Drain, Sorenti, Gabe, and Kathy are currently in the city (Sorenti of course is tearing it apart) and from our thread I know Finn, Pepper, and Tyler are there . . . .

Is there any overriding Kindred law?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:06 pm Reply with quote
There is also the possibility that there is more than one Cascadia, not all threads that involve same people necessarily have to rely upon the other. Thus, Sorenti can feel free to tear up his version of Cascadia, Kabalists that turn out to be figments of Valek's imagination can tear up his, and you can have who or whatever in yours.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:30 pm Reply with quote
AH . . . thanks Gabe . . I must have posted my response to Eve at the same time you posted.

I would like to keep as much of this thread as close to the 'true' Cascadia as possible. I understand there are different versions and what not . . . but most of the fun of writting these kinds of things is the challenge of integrating what others are doing in order to keep continuity. This also offers the challenge of others to step forward if they would oppose any changes.

So . . according to Gabe there is a Camarilla Hierarchy - but they are just Stewards.

Would it be okay for us to name these Stewards and give them some kind of personality? Maybe they are low on the Camarilla's list who were forced to make haven there? Thus creating the 'lockdown'? It seems to me from the other posts that if there is a Hierarchy . . . they don't seem to truly care much about the city - maybe they don't want to be there and are just letting things roll until they can get out.

Again, I know some of you may see this as trivial - and that I may be taking this too seriously - but it is a storyline and I just want to make it as interesting and true to form as possible.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:21 pm Reply with quote
User avatarRavnosPosts: 406Location: Inside Big RedJoined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:32 pm
i have one...

When someone asks you, "A penny for your thoughts," and you put your two cents in, what happens to the other penny? I mean...are there like interests or exchange rates or something?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:15 am Reply with quote
It works like this -

You get a penny from the person who offered a penny for your thoughts -

Then you put your two cents in - one of those cents is the original person's penny. So in truth, it is still a penny for your thoughts.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:24 am Reply with quote
User avatarOld Clan TzimiscePosts: 704Location: Seattle, Washington, USAJoined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:29 am
Yeesh! That is convoluted logic :shock: worthy of womankind! Are you sure you're not a female, Sage?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:32 am Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 186Location: York, England.Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:57 pm
I don't think anyone would mind if you named and identified the Hierarchy. I am, however, rather fond of the idea of a Nos Prince.

Regardless of who's present though, Finn will still be watching his back 24/7

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:48 am Reply with quote
Yeah I was thinking of keeping it Nos as well - that was the concensus then . . . so why change it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:20 pm Reply with quote
User avatarRavnosPosts: 406Location: Inside Big RedJoined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:32 pm
hm..its all so clear now

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:58 pm Reply with quote
User avatarNosferatuPosts: 330Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2003 3:50 am
then does this Nos Prince have a name..? and where does he live? and was he appointed by the camerilla to babysit us? is he just a puppet?

i am still here.. i try to interject myself into a few stories slowly. because i like the interaction of all the players .. not just reading one persons story.

i think i am still the priomgen for the Nos.. but i don't do much. (( mainly because i don't seem to know everyone anymore..and frankly my writing sux.)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:44 pm Reply with quote
The Prince's name is Todd.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:46 pm Reply with quote
Drain,

I think you should name the Nos Prince and pick his/her haven. After all, you are the head Nos there - and the keeper of information.

I would think that he/she is indeed a babysitter . . . . but to call him/her a puppet is kind of redundant since all Cammies are puppets. I would think that the Hierarchy under this Nos's control are just gangsters - bad tempered Brujah maybe with a few other undesirables thrown in. They are all just Cammie flunkies who the Camarilla didn't want in their 'important' cities. I say this because it seems that in the other threads and even in ours there is no Sheriff, Scourge, or Enforcer that is making people present themselves to the Prince. It also seems that Cascadia has fallen into dark times with crime and poverty - only the high-ranking human politicians and Kindred are profiting. Maybe this Nos Steward is enjoying watching the city implode - Studying and learning the dark side of human greed. Maybe even helping spread the havoc out of amusement.

Thoughts?