<  OOC  ~  Wow - Addicted to School for the Magi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:18 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGargoylePosts: 14Location: IrelandJoined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 9:53 pm
This has got to be one of the best stories I have ever read (book or otherwise). I am so enjoying this thread that I fear I am becoming quite addicted to it. I check back several times a day and when there is no new post I find myself feeling withdrawals.

Every single different personality involved creates such an incredible diversity. Not to mention that everyone involved is such an incredible writer that the flow never suffers. I am almost tempted to create yet another character so that I can join the fun. However I feel I am schizoid enough with two characters currently involved in separate stories . . . lol.

This is also the first time I have ever read anything where mortals and immortals literally live together in a certain (though strained) harmony.

It's too bad that White Wolf put an end to this line of blood - otherwise I would suggest someone submit it to a publisher. It's really that incredible.

Thank you for this great story!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:38 pm Reply with quote
User avatarTremerePosts: 845Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 2:47 pm
*bows*

Thanks Seph.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:42 pm Reply with quote
User avatar"Brujah"Posts: 62Location: Central FloridaJoined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:37 am
Is it that good? :shock: Damn, now I feel the need to read the whole thread and join it myself. :o

There clearly aren't enough hours in the day. :cry:

I feel the anger changing me!
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:37 pm Reply with quote
User avatarOld Clan TzimiscePosts: 704Location: Seattle, Washington, USAJoined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:29 am
Heh. Now you all know what I go through every day! :shock: I joined SoC about midway through Whispers and haven't looked back but [b:4453cdc6ce]boy[/b:4453cdc6ce] did that thread ever get ME hooked! Like Frank, every now and they I whine and plead on this forum for more, just to get my daily fix. I've found that with writing, it's often feast or famines. SO, get out your bibs and settle down to wait for the next installment! I hope everyone enjoys!

BTW, Connie and Arcane in particular, it is accolades like this that make all these efforts worth while. Sometimes, we go for ages before someone says something to push us forward again, but as long as they keep coming eventually, we're content to keep our fertile imaginations working over time. heheheh

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:26 am Reply with quote
User avatar"Brujah"Posts: 62Location: Central FloridaJoined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:37 am
[quote:c44b31cf97="Lady Cyrilynn"]BTW, Connie and Arcane in particular, it is accolades like this that make all these efforts worth while. Sometimes, we go for ages before someone says something to push us forward again, but as long as they keep coming eventually, we're content to keep our fertile imaginations working over time. heheheh[/quote:c44b31cf97]

As humans, we are restricted, hypocritical, selfish, limited, fickle creatures with little room or chance of expansion beyond that point. What makes us different from the other monkeys (aside from the obvious: self-awareness, religious pursuits, logical thinking, control of the number of our own off-spring [well, atleast most of us do], constructive/destructive behavior, etc.), is we all individually possess our own imagination which is always completely different from any other human being on the face of the planet.

The power of an imagination is boundless, explosive, unpredictable, and a whole shit load of other sweet adjectives that we all know and love. Writing is also a unique capability that only humans explore freely, which reflects directly what comes from our imagination. The writings of other talented people about the same general subject(Vampire) mixed in and throughout other talented people's writings makes for a very unique experience that other people are either neglected of or simply cannot understand fully. I got sick of writing stuff that only I read, and in turn got sick of never seeing the works of other writers, that's why I joined.

I'm slowly, and reluctantly mind you, accepting the fact that writing is a part of who I am. I'm still pretty young (No offense Gabe ::poke:: :wink: :twisted: ), but believe me, writing like this still doesn't feel very natural. But seeing all these examples of other people and characters' interaction is showing me more and more that maybe this is the right place for me to be. I read everyones' writings not [u:c44b31cf97]only[/u:c44b31cf97] because it is highly entertaining as well as inspiring, because it let's me take a better look at all of your souls, which no amount of [i:c44b31cf97]spoken[/i:c44b31cf97] words can ever describe. When I place a compliment on a person on this site for their writing prowess or expressive ability (Like in OOC conversations), that compliment is ment for every aspect of the recipient, not just one category of them. I'll stop there, because I hate catching myself rambling, and I want to continue with the intrigue I have planned for my thread.

~Keep on vampin'

I feel the anger changing me!
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:35 am Reply with quote
User avatarGet your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 13Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 3:47 am
I personally, have enjoyed writing for SoC's school for magi... it is a fantastic experience.

Keeping in mind, that in all my years as a writer, I never wrote a mage as a main character.

In all my years of D&D, never played a mage.

In all my.... er... you get the idea.

Yet, I find myself enjoying this, because all the other writers are so..... they're just wow. I really love this board, because....

okay, getting too deep. *swims back to shallow waters*

So, this farmer has an old mule and the mule falls down a well.....