<  OOC  ~  I'm Back!!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:07 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
Well, I've returned from the muddy Mississippi no worse for wear (save perhaps a little red clay between my toes). Fantastic Thanksgiving was had. The entire family absolutely fell head over heels for my girlfriend Affie, and she saw the South for what it can truly be. Southern Hospitality is alive and well I can assure you.

Lots of football was of course played, and I scored 3 touchdowns in a single game at one point. That's right. I'm THAT good. Okay...so maybe it was three touchdowns over three games. I can't precisely recall.

Anyway, I've returned now and am all geared up to write. Of course, please be patient as I'm now in the final two weeks of the semester and I have two research papers quickly approaching their due date. That means long hours at the library and Borders. But I am amped up to put out some posts...just give me a little leeway with it. Great to be back. Anyone else have Turkey Day reports?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:56 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 186Location: York, England.Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:57 pm
AT LAST!

*mutters*

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:08 pm Reply with quote
User avatarToreadorPosts: 234Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 7:11 pm
Welcome back loverboy :P

Good to here from you too James :):)

I'm going to be sick of the sight of turkey by the time it is xmas day!!! We have xmas lunches and dinners everyday at work for various companys, followed by booze driven wild parties on a night. God help us !!!

xoxoxoxo

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:17 pm Reply with quote
User avatarOld Clan TzimiscePosts: 704Location: Seattle, Washington, USAJoined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:29 am
I was sick of turkey BEFORE Thanksgiving! They start touting it about a month before the event hits. Even Christmas gets the same. By the time THAT celebration rolls around, I'm heartily sick of it. I wish they'd pass a law that says NO ADVERTISING OR PLAYING SONGS OF THE HOLIDAYS PRIOR TO TWO WEEKS BEFORE SAID EVENT in newspapers, on radios or TV or shop displays!! I don't mind shopping for gifts (considering I like to do it all year long) but JEEZ! Why do the merchants have to try to outdo each other and boost sales about 2 or 3 months in advance? Almost as bad as eating lots of candy. You get sick of it real quick! *sigh*

BTW, anyone interested in knowing how many ways to serve left over turkey? Turkey soup, meatloaf, deviled turkey, gravies, stews, salads......etc.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:53 pm Reply with quote
User avatarCappadocianPosts: 167Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2003 12:48 am
Welcome back man :)