<  OOC  ~  School Rules

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 6:11 pm Reply with quote
User avatarTremerePosts: 845Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 2:47 pm
Welcome to the Julius Darrant School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Having been nagged to get along with this, I'll be starting a new thread for Julius' magic school. It's a completely open thread. Anyone who likes magic spells can join in. Or if you hate them, you can join in and cause trouble, the fun is the RP.

There's going to be no high power characters except for the NPCs (Julius, Eve and any other "whispers" characters who might visit definately fall into the NPC category). Standard starting characters with perhaps a few adventures under their belt would be ideal.

Anyone with magical aptitude can study at the school. You needn't be a Tremere or even Kindred to be accepted. Mortals make good mages too. Anything more outlandish (like a lupine wizard for example) is likely to be an NPC, but email me with your ideas.

Some of the magic rules we'll stick to. If you are a Kindred then you are limited to Thaumaturgy. If you are mortal, then chances are you will be subject to paradox. If anyone is playing a mortal mage, then please be sure you know the rules, cos I don't!

Julius will train new Hermetic Magi using the ancient forms and techniques of Bonisagus. If you want to play a Hermetic mage, you must be mortal. Whilst you will be immune to the effects of paradox, you will be start from knowing no magic at all (or at least very little) and (for the time being) due to the effects of the Realm of Reason your magic will only work in the vicinity of Touraine, or near some other magical focus, such as Julius himself.

Any other magical concept can be used. Perhaps you are a druid, perhaps you are a Kaballist. Contact me if you've got ideas not covered and we'll work something out. Julius wants his school to encompass all aspects of magical works.

Casting spells on townsfolk is considered bad form. In fact, students are expected to maintain a "Masquerade" regardless of their origin. The school has a Darrant Industries hi-tech research facility as it's cover. This also gives an advantage that hi-tech toys may be available from time to time.

The school is well equipped with a comprehensive occult library (though some of the works are restricted). Schoolrooms, computers, laboratories and ritual paraphenalia are available as required. Wierd stuff probably does happen.

As the story begins, all the facilities are in place for a thriving college of perhaps 500 students and staff, yet there are maybe half a dozen students and Julius, so the place will seem pretty empty to newcomers.

That should be enough to be getting along with. PM/Email me with any questions.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 7:55 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
((this rocks...quite completely might I add. I'm brainstorming my character as we speak.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:47 pm Reply with quote
User avatarOld Clan TzimiscePosts: 704Location: Seattle, Washington, USAJoined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:29 am
I'm already way ahead of you dude! :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:55 pm Reply with quote
User avatarRavnosPosts: 406Location: Inside Big RedJoined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:32 pm
ahh, sounds cool....i would think of a char if i knew ANYTHING at ALL about this amgic rules....but i don't...at all.....unless you're talking Magic: The Gathering...that i know...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:14 pm Reply with quote
User avatarTremerePosts: 845Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 2:47 pm
You can play a kindred with normal thaumaturgy rules.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:21 pm Reply with quote
User avatarRavnosPosts: 406Location: Inside Big RedJoined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:32 pm
ummm...yeah, i can play, with my current knowledge, a kick ass gangrel/city gangrel or a decent Ravnos...no more

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:31 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 1117Location: The riverbank.Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:20 pm
I've been brainstorming since day one :)

*looks up Thaumaturgy rules*

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 7:17 am Reply with quote
User avatarBrujahPosts: 34Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:01 pm
hmmn, perhaps the ashley line may make a visit to this school. Then again, the Ashley line is still mired back in the 12th century along with Wren.

Still, I'll have to debate this with myself.

No really, I hear voices.

No we don't.

Yes we do. See, we told you so.