<  OOC  ~  Cascadia info

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:49 am Reply with quote
User avatar"Brujah"Posts: 62Location: Central FloridaJoined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:37 am
Ok, I've been looking and looking, and so far I've been unsuccessful in finding clear information on this city of Cascadia. If someone could send me a link to a post with the goods, or if there is none could someone give me the run down, I'd appreciate it. Maybe I'll be able to post something IC soon.

I feel the anger changing me!
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:42 am Reply with quote
User avatarConcealedPosts: 33Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 8:22 pm
Cascadia is a made up place. It was the setting of our guild when we mostly played Vampire The Masquerade: Redemption online.

The occasional game still happens :)

Lots of the characters aren't in Cascadia, but spread worldwide. Some of our threads have too. In the Epic Thread (which I really must edit into a novel sometime!) "Whispers of Shal-ka-Mense" the characters moved through Europe, Africa and Asia.

So what I guess I'm saying is, don't feel obliged to learn about Cascadia if you have a story to tell. You can set it anywhere.

Guys, did we ever decide about the NPC heirarchy of Cascadia, or was that argument never resolved?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:24 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 1117Location: The riverbank.Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:20 pm
Never resolved. :/

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:02 am Reply with quote
User avatar"Brujah"Posts: 62Location: Central FloridaJoined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:37 am
My reasons for wanting to learn about Cascadia was so I could make opportunities for other people to include their own posts, but you bring up a good point. There's no need for restrictions, so why make any? I'll continue with a more original approach, which is what I should've done from the getgo, but [u:c4e4be1a11]ahhhhh[/u:c4e4be1a11] shit, forget it.

Thanks for the feedback.

I feel the anger changing me!
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:11 am Reply with quote
User avatarConcealedPosts: 33Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 8:22 pm
Just imagine it as a big old world and you'll never know who might drop in on you ;)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:29 am Reply with quote
User avatarCappadocianPosts: 590Location: Sydney, AustraliaJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 11:55 am
It's a city, it's set in the US somewhere though I don't think we ever named a state. There's a river that goes through the city which (I guess) feeds into a harbour since there is a docks district. Be careful around the docks, Nosferatu hide in those shadows. There's many unsavoury characters down there. Behind every prostitute and drug or gun racket is a Setite or worse. There's a large cemetery - don't be alarmed by any cloaked figures you might see amongst the marble statues. It's only the Cappadocians - well that's if you believe there are any still "living". The countryside isn't too far out either, about an hour down the highway. You'll find the turn off to a fairly thick forested area too. I hear the Gangrels live there, or use to. Back in the city there's plenty to see and do. Art galleries and museums, if you're looking for the Toreador. Plenty of nightclubs and bars. The stock exchange is in the financial section uptown, if you're looking for a Ventrue suit. There's an elysium which has been blown up and moved and rebuilt plenty of times.

Essentially, if you're familiar with the pc game then you're familiar with Cascadia. We used the London and NY maps as well as parts of Prague and Vienna (like Judith Bridge, etc). There were also plenty of player created maps thrown in for good measure. If you're not familiar with the pc game, a quick google search for "vampire the masquerade screenshots" will turn up a bunch of images that will give you an idea of what Cascadia "looks like".

I'm sure whatever you RP will fit just nicely :)