<  OOC  ~  The Prince

Which clan should the NPC Prince hail from?

Ventrue
15%
[ 5 ] 15%

Brujah
6%
[ 2 ] 6%

Toreador
18%
[ 6 ] 18%

Malkavian
24%
[ 8 ] 24%

Nosferatu
36%
[ 12 ] 36%

Tremere
0%
[ 0 ] 0%

Total votes : 33
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 4:30 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 1117Location: The riverbank.Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:20 pm
Vote here.

One vote per person.

i.e. If you vote using one username, you can't boost the voting by logging in under other names.

I'll start a second poll pertaining to the Seneschal.

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 12:57 am Reply with quote
User avatarMalkavianPosts: 21Location: Three paces behind you... one step ahead...Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2003 4:32 am
Vote Malkavian!

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 7:44 am Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 1117Location: The riverbank.Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:20 pm
Ok I'm not being funny, but there seems to be more voters than there are individual members :?

I said one vote per person. Not per username.

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 2:59 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
Should we fess up? I voted for Toreador...so as the great George Dubya said my "cards are on the table". :P

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 3:20 pm Reply with quote
User avatarCappadocianPosts: 590Location: Sydney, AustraliaJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 11:55 am
[quote:575a86bbee="Porter"]Ok I'm not being funny, but there seems to be more voters than there are individual members :?

I said one vote per person. Not per username.[/quote:575a86bbee]

Frank, these are the people that voted so far...

Porter, setpriestess, kathy Belvadere, Euryon, Vincent Locke, Gabriel, Mark Archer, Julius Darrant, Feid, batty, Joshua, Valek, HermoniedArc, Adrianna, Echoe, Ezykeyal

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 4:43 pm Reply with quote
User avatarSetitePosts: 90Location: san francisco, caJoined: Mon Apr 07, 2003 5:18 pm
hey, nosferatu is ahead... heh.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 6:43 pm Reply with quote
Fair do's chica

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 12:05 am Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
Nossie huh? The way the polls are going I guess the other clans should call the Nossie camp and wish them their congradulations for the Prince-elect. So I suppose now's as good a time as any to start brainstorming ideas...if we're going to have an NPC Nossie Prince there's a few points that need to be covered.

1) First and foremost, how will the Prince be controlled? Obviously as a group action, and that means votes on how he/she will react. Seems to me that there need to be guidelines based on the Prince's personality. For instance, if the Prince is stingy with cash as a trait, then no matter how much a new esylium would benefit us, it's unlikely the Prince would start dolin' out money for one with little concern. So we'd have to remember to have his/her actions act within their boundries.

2) We need it to be an interesting character, formidable probably.

3) How active should the Prince be? Should they be an everyday character in our chrons, or more of a reclusive char? My personal choice would be reclusive, because if the Prince is just another NPC to throw in our threads whenever we like, then what's the point of making it an NPC? We could just elect another member as Prince.

Anyway, those the first three off the top of my head.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 4:17 am Reply with quote
PussyPosts: 2Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2003 1:06 am
Teh Measha id not menshunned. Teh Measha id not pleezed.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 4:12 pm Reply with quote
User avatarSetitePosts: 90Location: san francisco, caJoined: Mon Apr 07, 2003 5:18 pm
well, any good prince should be benevolent and stern... which a nosferatu could easily be sinc they're one of the few clans that doesn't embrace a specific type. but also have an ear that covers a lot of ground (i.e. lots of influences, retainers... anyhthing to keep a large information network going. know a little bit about everyone. but it's better if you know a lot. do not allow diablerie since it goes against caine's law in enoch.

uh, that's all i can think of...

anyone have any other ideas...

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 7:25 pm Reply with quote
User avatarToreadorPosts: 234Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 7:11 pm
I dont really know much about the diff clans etc, but for what its worth I
think the prince should be a recluse, he doesnt need to be available all the time, thats what the seneschal is for, to act as a go between us commoners and his highness.

I know personally the hassle Sorenti used to have because everyone used to think his office was open house lol and it should not be like that.

As far as I see it, the prince will be kept up to date on the daily comings and goings by his minions ie seneschal and the sheriff.

It must be made quite clear to people whether on ic posts or actual rping that it is not possinle to just walk in and see the prince, hes a recluse and not approachable, you have to go through the right channels in order to see him and as far as I see it, you have no business with the prince, unless youve done something really wrong and hes going to string you up lol.

anyways Ive finished waffling now :P:P

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 7:32 pm Reply with quote
Actually a Nosferatu prince would be refreshing :)

Either way it won't affect me IC as Porter is strictly nomadic now, moving across the globe.

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 12:56 am Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 71Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 9:00 pm
PErsonally, I think the Prince should be RPd (as an NPC) when a vamp has made a fuck up, done something incredibly valiant, requested an audiance for good reason (erm, i dunno, to adopt a caitiff, issue a complaint at a primo, or something)

the lesser the better

Its the primos who will need more personality, IMO. They are more frequent flyers.

NP: Cruachan feat. Shane Mcgowan - Ride On

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 5:26 pm Reply with quote
User avatarMalkavianPosts: 7Location: São Paulo, BrazilJoined: Sat Jun 07, 2003 5:09 pm
Hey people, I'm back. Sorry for disappearing for a while... know some of you around here, the rest I'll be more than pleased to meet. And I say go nossie!!! Although I have a true love for the malk clan, nossies are simply awesome as far as chars go. A prince that lives in the sewers... I love the idea. And about rping the prince, I think it might be hard to make him a char deep enough... a new topic could be opened only about the caracteristics of the new prince, once the choosing of the clan is done. Well, drop your thoughts. See ya around. :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 5:32 pm Reply with quote
I believe the general concencus (sp?) was that the Prince's past shouldn't be exposed in TOO much detail as he/she'd probably work better as a shadowy character.