<  OOC  ~  ....new free-form thread

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:49 pm Reply with quote
User avatar"Brujah"Posts: 62Location: Central FloridaJoined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:37 am
Erm, it's comin'! I promise, just give me another week or so.... ::wipes the sweat from his brow:: I just need to get a little free time.

I feel the anger changing me!
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:50 pm Reply with quote
User avatarBrujahPosts: 10Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2005 5:46 pm
Count me in!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:36 am Reply with quote
User avatar"Brujah"Posts: 62Location: Central FloridaJoined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:37 am
Well, my window to start this thread ended a little sooner than I wanted it to, but I should be able to get it up early next week. Who knows, maybe even by the end of this weekend, but definately not tonight. So hold on little vamps! The free-form is still on its way! (its just takin' its ever lovin' time gettin' here)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Well kids, I got some good news and some bad news. The good news fills the future with exceptional potential and creativity, while the bad news is more of an explanation and update to the current situation. We'll start with the bad news first, considering the fact that the good overrides the bad completely in this instance.

~The Free-Form Thread isn't up yet; duh. This is entirely my fault, though circumstances do take some of the blame off my shoulders. Even though I have started the opening post, I'm thinking some time next week will be a safer bet for me to say of when I'll start the thread. Lately, I've been getting next to 'nil' sleep and working my brain over-time with absorbing and digesting an influx of information my way, both in Real Life concerns as well as a new stream of Vampire matieral I've gotten my hands on. This is in addition to my daily routine and errands. I'm glad I don't have any kids to take care of, otherwise I'd never sleep or never write. Anyway, though I haven't written up the first post completely in my spare time, I have in fact been on the subject of Vampire. Which leads us over to the good news....

~My plans for this new thread are big, and I don't mean in the explosively climatic plot-filled [u:ff347a5058]"Big"[/u:ff347a5058]ness style with an Antediluvian around the corner, either. I mean [b:ff347a5058][u:ff347a5058]rich[/u:ff347a5058][/b:ff347a5058] in every sense of the word. My character in the whole scheme of things will amount to little in comparison to the broad spectrum of the more experienced Kindred of the city, but that's not why he's there. This thread is designed (in theory) to bring out all the old players of the Jyhad, presumably all of your Elders and what-have-you whom are connected in some way to Cascadia. My first paragraph for the thread will give you a good idea of what James Johnson will be giving to the city, kinda like walking into town in with a big ole' can of worms ( ::drools:: ). I don't want to give anything away, so I'll just say this: get ready for something new. Of course, I don't have a single clue of what that something is, since the vast majority of my writing is thought up and put down at about the same time.

In case you're wondering, the new Vamp material I got my hands on was the Blood Magic: Secrets of Thaumaturgy book. All I have to say about getting this book, is "God Bless E-bay". In addition to the other resources I have, as well as a bunch of internet stacks I picked up a few hours before I posted this message, I'm finding more and more ideas and inspiration for vamp. This has one drawback for you guys, and that's the fact I have to juggle my vamp writing with my vamp role-playing. I love Tabletop, and will probably play it till I'm a greasy old man in a 'folks home'. The only downside to having all this new information, is now I want to make like a hundred friggin' characters, in tabletop and on this site. Gahhh, I'd need like 52 hours to complete everything I want to get finished in a single day.

I know how much you people love words, that's why I strive to make every post I make as texty as humanly possible. :twisted: :twisted: So to sum up, the thread should be here by next week, get ready for it, and get ready for a writer with a whole new bag of tricks to reach into.

~Lastly, the internet information I was referring to, was from [u:ff347a5058]"[/u:ff347a5058]Sanguinus.com[u:ff347a5058]"[/u:ff347a5058]. A site which I've visited in the past, but never had as much a use for the contents held within as I do now. I suggest it to anyone else who wants unofficial information about Vamp for writing or PnP purposes respectively. (This isn't a Defection comment, SoC is too deeply engraved into my being now.) Damn, I can see the freakin' sun! Ahhh, that's good black coffee.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:34 pm Reply with quote
User avatarTremerePosts: 845Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 2:47 pm
[quote:80ab3a620d="Arcane"]My plans for this new thread are big, and I don't mean in the explosively climatic plot-filled [u:80ab3a620d]"Big"[/u:80ab3a620d]ness style with an Antediluvian around the corner, either. [/quote:80ab3a620d]

Hmmmm?? And what's wrong with explosively climactic plot-filled etc...?? :P

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:10 pm Reply with quote
User avatarSetitePosts: 68Location: New YorkJoined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 1:54 am
Now you have my interest peaked! Perhaps this would be a good thread for Kiya to make her entrance again? Unlike you, I've been finding a lot of free time on my hands (unfortunately!). I'm definitely looking forward to the beginning of your new thread!

Offline Profile WWW ICQ YIM
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:02 pm Reply with quote
[quote:59486b7881="Julius Darrant"][quote:59486b7881="Arcane"]My plans for this new thread are big, and I don't mean in the explosively climatic plot-filled [u:59486b7881]"Big"[/u:59486b7881]ness style with an Antediluvian around the corner, either. [/quote:59486b7881]

Hmmmm?? And what's wrong with explosively climactic plot-filled etc...?? :P[/quote:59486b7881]

What's wrong with that type of plot? Absolutely and utterly nothing at all, it's a perfect concept to use for any bash of characters. The only problem is one horribly disgusting word that unfortunately fits the bill for the idea: cliche. I don't like cliches, I'll be honest. Some trites can be done very well, and it's the basis of all story-telling (be it tabletop or actually writing stories) practices to include atleast some form of familiarity to make it easier for the reader (or player) to digest. But like any Jennifer Lopez movie, cliches have the tendenacy to be over done, over and over again. :twisted:

This thread will strive to be anything but mundane and predictable, it'll have no obvious plot twists whatsoever unless it's well thought out and still has some aspect that sets it apart from the norm. I'm raising the bar on this thing because frankly, I'm bored. I get bored alot, especially when things don't change very often. The fact that I wrote more in my USA thread the first month than I have all year on this site proves (atleast to me) that I can no longer be lax with this shit. Apathy and procrastination have always been a problem with me, that's why I have to slap myself in the face and kick my own ass some times to get my head working again. It's only with the shit I enjoy doing does this happen to me, I never get lazy when I'm running around the state pulling errands and "taking care of business". :evil:

Ahhh hell, I've been up for over two days straight now, I need to catch a couple hours of sleep before I get up and head out of town for the day. If I'm lucky, I'll be able to get a full night's rest tomorrow night.... well, late tomorrow night, after a full day and night of other stuff. I might even write tomorrow, holy crap! I'm glad I'm made of the 'stuff' that functions without reason, the only skill I took with me from the USMC that is worth a damn. :roll: Everything else was just review.

:!: ~"Let the bodies hit the floor!"~ :!:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:11 pm Reply with quote
Get your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 285Location: yorkshireJoined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:21 pm
:: waits with bated breathe::

I don't have a lot of spare time....damn RL lol but I'm looking forward to reading and posting on your thread :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:31 pm Reply with quote
User avatarOld Clan TzimiscePosts: 704Location: Seattle, Washington, USAJoined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:29 am
If there's one thing in life, that I've learned about reading (and, incidentally, writting), it's that some things are worth waiting for. And I'll point out that I am basically an impatient person.

When things matter, I'd rather wait for the best outcome possible. Heh. Ergo, take your time getting everything set up just the way you need it to be.

Even if the drool pile does becomes a lake. :shock: :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:36 am Reply with quote
User avatarAssamitePosts: 28Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:19 pm
yea she is kinda impatient..and she whines..alot

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:19 am Reply with quote
User avatarToreadorPosts: 433Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2003 5:14 pm
No free form thread ever materialized I see.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:16 am Reply with quote
It did materialize, Eveshka. It's Jyhad City in USA, but the one person who was secretly helping me with it and was going to continue it.... went *POOF* and disappeared. I actually even had a lot more posts to put into it, but a spree of destroyed harddrives and my one backup drive being in the wrong format (I have to convert it to SATA), has delayed that project into obscurity.

You can add the degradation of the US economy and outlook towards our own government worsening in 2006 to the list as well, but excuses are excuses. Besides, I did say it was free form, as in you don't need a reason to join it. Oh well, "This is the world we live in."

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:52 pm Reply with quote
User avatarSisterPosts: 27Location: anywhere but the past.Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:30 pm
such a shame. If something needs writing, i may as well start writing on my own and let any of your 'kindred' 'human' or other PC and NPC characters jump in. In short. I'm going to take the initiative, and if anyone reads, YAY!!

I was going to take a different bent with the 'pandora' character, but in light of the recent discussion (within the past few days) I've decided to make her human, with a twist, instead of coming on as Echoes' sire. We'll let the white lady's ashes rest in peace.

If you know who I am, hi there! if not,,, you may eventually find out.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:30 am Reply with quote
User avatarMalkavianPosts: 44Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2003 7:03 am
reading :)