<  OOC  ~  Pope Jean Paul II

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:47 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
A great man passed on today. Regardless of your religion (or whether you have any at all), this was a man to be respected and admired. He truly loved his fellow man/woman.

I hope you'll pray to whatever God(s) you worship to accept this man for what he was.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:04 am Reply with quote
User avatarOld Clan TzimiscePosts: 704Location: Seattle, Washington, USAJoined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:29 am
He's merely been called to a higher duty, Gabe. And he is now truly God's right hand man. :) He's left his shoes for another Pope to fill. God (or Gods) bless them both! :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 5:04 am Reply with quote
User avatarCappadocianPosts: 167Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2003 12:48 am
One thing is sure, this guy earned his spot in heaven. God bless him.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:43 pm Reply with quote
Get your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 285Location: yorkshireJoined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:21 pm
It was very thought provoking to see so many people all united together in grief for one very special man.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:58 am Reply with quote
User avatarGet your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 56Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 1:13 am
All I know, is I pity the pope who follows.

John paul, you're a hard act to follow.

I'm what you want, when you want it. I'll do the things you can't or won't, I'm everything you need, right when you need it. Take my deal, accept my terms. Give me your problems and I'll make them mine. All you have to do is play by the rules...
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:41 am Reply with quote
Get your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 285Location: yorkshireJoined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:21 pm
Anyone read about the politics and the secret societys connected to the vatican? It's amazing and dates back hundreds of years, it involves devil worshipping, secret sects etc I read a short summary about it in a magazine based on Dan brown's Angels and demons. I'm off to track the book down today.

The process involved to elect a new pope is complex too, although I dont think they will ever find a match for John paul.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:28 pm Reply with quote
User avatar"Brujah"Posts: 62Location: Central FloridaJoined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:37 am
Some say the Vatican secretly holds the real original bible, which only the high Cardinals have access to. Furthermore, some say the version that the world has of the bible is [u:aa39429b2f]not[/u:aa39429b2f] the entire thing.

Makes one think, doesn't it? Does human kind have to be kept in the dark about some things because basic human greed has the ability to keep it ignorant for thousands of years? I say, don't every underestimate the power of one person's greed, let alone an entire society and city's worth.

Humans are capable of many great and grandous things, and religion can only strengthen and help people along to bigger and better things for their country and especially their world. The acts of only a few, however, make it damn-near impossible for such a utopia to develope. Organized religion is supposed to bring people together so they can work out differences and believe in the same thing....

....religion in practice when human nature is involved, seems to [i:aa39429b2f]never[/i:aa39429b2f] work out the way it was intended. Power to freedom, power to choice, power to faith, real unmolested faith.

I feel the anger changing me!
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:40 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 186Location: York, England.Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:57 pm
Spoken like an Autarkis if ever I heard one :D

Amen to that!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:49 pm Reply with quote
User avatarRavnosPosts: 406Location: Inside Big RedJoined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:32 pm
i have read angels and demos....AND da vinci code

both pretty damn entertaining books, real page-turners......but going from that to actually believing in all Brown says is a stretch...sure, he has historic backgrounds and whatnot, but that doesnt mean his application of it to the current world is even remotely accurate.....remember, they're novels, not anti-church propaganda

and yeah, the Pope (oh sheesh....its gonna be tough for me to relate "Pope" to anyone BUT Jean Paul II) was a great human being, my parents tell me previous popes mostly just stayed in the Vatican, while Jean Paul II travleed all over the world, spreading peace and whatnot.......but still.....im tired of his death being exploited so by the fucking media!!!!!! im sick and tired of the whole fandango....just let him rest in peace, will ya?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:06 am Reply with quote
User avatar"Brujah"Posts: 62Location: Central FloridaJoined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:37 am
In my opinion, the only thing more corrupt than wide-spread international organized religion, is obviously the Liberal Media Network.

The only thing liberal that I enjoy to watch is The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, and that, my friends, is the best damn show in the freakin' world! BOOYA!

.....in my opinion, anyway. I'd be living in New Zealand or Australia by now if it weren't for a crushing economy that's keeping me stateside. I can live just fine without an automobile, just so long as the local pub or liquor store isn't too many [i:7360b3d5d5]miles[/i:7360b3d5d5] away from my cot in the jungle. :twisted:

....where all sorts of things [b:7360b3d5d5]grow[/b:7360b3d5d5]. :wink: You fill in the blanks, just not aloud.

I feel the anger changing me!
Offline Profile