<  OOC  ~  VtM:Bloodlines

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 1:31 pm Reply with quote
User avatarTremerePosts: 845Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 2:47 pm
[quote:22384a1e24="Sorenti"]Anyone completed it yet?[/quote:22384a1e24]
Twice - Once without assistance, the second time using a walkthrough so as to get the twenty or thirty side-quests I missed the first time.

[quote:22384a1e24="Sorenti"]Game bugs me a bit cos it's not very clan specific[/quote:22384a1e24]

There is some clan specific stuff. As a Tremere, you can eventually get accepted into the pyramid, with a new haven at the Chantry. There is at least one Nos only quest. Brujah, Torrie and Ventrue can get a swish new haven from the Prince. Certainly the gameplay is different for each clan. I played Tremmie the first couple of times (I replayed Tremmie cos I missed the chantry haven stuff first time) and am now replaying as Gangrel - utterly different gameplay.

Also note that (for example) Nos have to skulk through the sewers all the time, Malks get entirely different dialogue at times (and can take drugs), Ventrue get to use Dominate in conversations.

There certainly are differences.

[quote:22384a1e24="Sorenti"]storyline is the same and most NPC's treat you exactly the same :cry: Plus, it doesn't seem to matter which responses you use in speech, the main quests will still continue on regardless[/quote:22384a1e24]

Not true. The first time I was a good Cammy Trem. Now I'm a badass anarch gangrel. The anarchs are much friendlier with me, and the Prince has to use Dominate on me to make me do his quests.

[quote:22384a1e24="Sorenti"]I know they have to for the sake of the game, but would be nice to affect the story and outcome aside from just one extra quest depending on which sect you align with.[/quote:22384a1e24]

The main story does have to continue pretty much the same, it's an enormous game already, of course. There are 5 different endings though, based on your chosen allegience.

1: Anarch
2: Prince Lacroix
3: Lone Wolf
4: Camarilla
5: Kuei-Jin

Yes... that's right, the Cammie ending and the LaCroix ending are NOT the same. I've done Lone Wolf and Cammy. I'll do anarch next time. I also want to play as a Nos and a Malk to get the different stuff, so that should cover me for all endings - though I might just skip the "let's be a toady to LaCroix".

[quote:22384a1e24="Sorenti"]Don't get me wrong, very very good game - I would just like to see a game that centred around which clan you chose to play. IE. If you chose Torrie, then the story would be mostly about Torrie related things art, fashion, the high life etc. or Tremere being deeply involved with their clan goings on. Also I would like to see a Cam, Sabbat choice where you could rise through the ranks to Prince/Bishop etc but the game not end there, like if you became Prince, you would have to hang on to it, if you could.[/quote:22384a1e24]

*nods* Release the game on 2 full DVD's in 4-5 years time. Let's be honest, what was really missing was Multiplayer, with a decent developers toolkit. Given that, then a community would form and create the adventures you would like to see. For an "official campaign", this was blindingly good and enormous.

[quote:22384a1e24="Sorenti"]PS. Without giving anything away for those who haven't got so far.....has anyone managed to kill the thing in the park? Or is it purely run the clock down?[/quote:22384a1e24]

You can kill it. I'll be cryptic here and simply say "Look to the stars." If you want detail, pm me.

On another note, I been digging. Rosa says of Smiling Jack "The Father is behind him." Further, the dialogue files on the disk are labelled cainxxx.mp3.

Yes, people - the Grandaddy Himself is in this game. Did you spot him?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 9:20 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 60Location: Norfolk, EnglandJoined: Fri May 09, 2003 3:21 am
Thanks for the tip in the park man, I think I get what you mean :)

Sorry, I wasn't very clear about the "affecting the outcome" bit, I know there are 5 different endings, depending on how you play, what disappointed me was that there is only a difference of one quest between them. Ie. there are only two final quests, of which you either do one or both depending on what your political standing is.

Anyway, is a damn good game.....and yes, would benefit soooo much from a well-supported multiplayer + toolkit. From the console, it looks like it had been geared towards multiplayer, specifically with an ST/DM controlling - but then it seems there are bits missing, so I can only assume they have removed or not completed everything needed. Which is a great pity :(

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:17 am Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 186Location: York, England.Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:57 pm
Finally got it to work!

IT'S AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:03 am Reply with quote
User avatarTremerePosts: 845Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 2:47 pm
In other news, Troika, the company behind such RPG titles as Temple of Elemental Evil and Vampire Bloodlines has closed down for good.

Low sales have been cited as the cause.

So don't expect any more patches for this one. The offices are shut, the computers sold off. There wasn't even a team working on it since December.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:25 am Reply with quote
User avatarCappadocianPosts: 167Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2003 12:48 am
Shit... well cant find any other words to say but shit... all the games they made were good so far... a shame it had to go this way.