<  OOC  ~  VtM:Bloodlines

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 1:59 am Reply with quote
User avatarCappadocianPosts: 590Location: Sydney, AustraliaJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 11:55 am
Apparently it'll be on sale here from the 25th Nov. Joy.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 12:04 am Reply with quote
User avatarCappadocianPosts: 167Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2003 12:48 am
Alright, been playing it for about an hour now and heres the deal..

Storyline is awesome so far, graphic-wise, as good as half-life 2. Traditions and everything else is followed meticulously, you get caught doing something wrong or an human see you feed, you will suffer the consequences, the more you break the masquerade, the more severe shit hits the fan for you. Theres a lot of skills to be learn, from shapeshifting for gangrels, to lockpicking, hacking etc...

There are combat zones, places where you MUST obay the rules and Elysium, where of course ANY sort of violence is forbidden.

Appearance changes depending on what you wear, buy etc.. The game is pretty realisitic on following Vampires of white wolf rules, so every fan of the first game is bound to love this second one.

MAJOR down part, there is no multiplayer options, single player all the way. On the other hand, game looks good in every way except for that.

Theres seven actual races, Brujah, Toreador, Tremere, Ventrue, Malkavian, Nosferatu and Gangrel. You can either pledge them loyalty or give em shit, that pretty much covers it I think. Ill add on it as I go on.

For those who are still interested in getting it anyway, heres the system requirements...

- 1.2 ghz processor or greater.
- 512 ram of memory ( Recommended )
- English version of windows 98, me,2000 and xp.
- Quad speed cd rom drive ( 600 ks sec sustained transfer rate )
- At least a good 5BG of hard drive space.
- And of course, direct X 9 ( its included )
- I run the game on a GeForce XFX 5600 and it works great, so this or greater should do the deal nicely.

Chipset supported : All ATI Radeon , All NVidia Geforce and all Matrox Parhelia.

Thats roughly it.

If your looking for a good online game atm, I would strongly recommend Half Life 2, other than that, Bloodline is a fantastic rp game :)

Chris.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 12:13 am Reply with quote
User avatarCappadocianPosts: 590Location: Sydney, AustraliaJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 11:55 am
Sounds good, pity about the multiplayer though. I wonder why they changed it?

I'm playing through Dungeon Siege at the moment, it's very hack n' slash but I'm loving it. Just what I needed after the last semester of uni.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:19 am Reply with quote
User avatarOld Clan TzimiscePosts: 704Location: Seattle, Washington, USAJoined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:29 am
Well, if you ever want to play it online, hun, I've got a copy. Two is MUCH more fun and there's even a chicken farm that has FANTASTIC spoils!! :shock:

BTW, don't forget to get DS; Legends of Aranna. AND, DS 2 should be out in the near future. I hope!!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:23 am Reply with quote
User avatarToreadorPosts: 155Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2003 2:02 am
That would make 3 or 4 of us, got the copy too! :D . We should get together online one of these nights!

Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of withering, of tarnishing.
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 9:57 am Reply with quote
User avatarOld Clan TzimiscePosts: 704Location: Seattle, Washington, USAJoined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:29 am
As I'm on most days (and nights, boys and girls!) just drop me a line. :)

However, Mondays (day AND night) are my one taboo time. :shock: Perphidea game orders. *sigh*

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:51 am Reply with quote
User avatarTremerePosts: 845Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 2:47 pm
Dungeon Seige? *shudders* dull dull dull :)

Bloodlines?

*giggle* *snicker*

Can I apologise in advance for any broken promises or neglect? Just too good.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:56 pm Reply with quote
I've returned Bloodlines to the store. The first copy I got had a faulty CD1 so I exchanged it. The replacement doesn't run at all. Freezes on the first screen and stays there forever. I've spent five days trying to get it to run, uninstalled all manner of other programs etc but to no avail. So until Activision write a patch or some kind of fix I won't be playing Bloodlines.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 4:23 am Reply with quote
[quote:1c46c402b4="batty"]I've returned Bloodlines to the store. The first copy I got had a faulty CD1 so I exchanged it. The replacement doesn't run at all. Freezes on the first screen and stays there forever. I've spent five days trying to get it to run, uninstalled all manner of other programs etc but to no avail. So until Activision write a patch or some kind of fix I won't be playing Bloodlines.[/quote:1c46c402b4]

Strike that, the THIRD copy I got worked... eventually.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:44 am Reply with quote
*IN LOVE*

So this is the model upon whom Jeanette is based, and did the voice acting for her in the game.

According to the interview she's into RPG's and stuff.

She also looks like a very naughty girl... :twisted:

http://www.planetvampire.com/potd/index.asp?id=480986

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 10:05 pm Reply with quote
The long awaited patch is now available for bloodlines:

http://www.vampirebloodlines.com/patch/

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 5:01 am Reply with quote
::smug grin:: You'll [b:a11da7b1a1]never[/b:a11da7b1a1] guess what Santa brought me!! And the first three guesses don't count! hehehe

:shock: :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:04 pm Reply with quote
User avatarTremerePosts: 25Location: Somewhere close to Bath's ChantryJoined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 5:40 am
Peeks in.... Guess what I got recently too :roll:

Edgar Allen Poe
Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 7:03 am Reply with quote
User avatarRavnosPosts: 406Location: Inside Big RedJoined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:32 pm
I like puppies

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 1:03 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 60Location: Norfolk, EnglandJoined: Fri May 09, 2003 3:21 am
Anyone completed it yet?

Game bugs me a bit cos it's not very clan specific, doesn't seem to make a difference which clan you choose to play, storyline is the same and most NPC's treat you exactly the same :cry: Plus, it doesn't seem to matter which responses you use in speech, the main quests will still continue on regardless - I know they have to for the sake of the game, but would be nice to affect the story and outcome aside from just one extra quest depending on which sect you align with.

Don't get me wrong, very very good game - I would just like to see a game that centred around which clan you chose to play. IE. If you chose Torrie, then the story would be mostly about Torrie related things art, fashion, the high life etc. or Tremere being deeply involved with their clan goings on. Also I would like to see a Cam, Sabbat choice where you could rise through the ranks to Prince/Bishop etc but the game not end there, like if you became Prince, you would have to hang on to it, if you could.

PS. Without giving anything away for those who haven't got so far.....has anyone managed to kill the thing in the park? Or is it purely run the clock down?