<  OOC  ~  Obeah Discipline

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 10:00 pm Reply with quote
User avatarOld Clan TzimiscePosts: 704Location: Seattle, Washington, USAJoined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:29 am
Does anyone know anything about the Discipline of Obeah as regard V:tM? AND where I can find some resource material on it? Or a Clan Book that would contain some data on it?

I know that I've seen it used a few times in a particular thread, but can't remember precisely which one it was. I just know it was quite recently that I ran across it.

Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 10:37 pm Reply with quote
User avatarCappadocianPosts: 167Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2003 12:48 am
go on " www.kazaa.com "

There you can download mostly everything, from songs up to programs, have a look, you might find something

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 11:10 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 1117Location: The riverbank.Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:20 pm
This help?

Obeah.

Level 1 - Panacea
By licking a target's wound, and spending blood, the vampire may heal a level of damage for each blood point spent.

Level 2 - Anaesthetic Touch
By touching a target, the vampire may numb and paralyze her.
WillPower Roll
(WillPower)

Level 3 - Neutral Guard
The vampire may create a protective barrier. No one who is further than ten feet from the vampire may come closer than ten feet away from her. Those who try must roll as above. If the vampire gets three successes, the intruder is paralyzed for five turns.
Willpower Roll + 2 Willpower Points
(6)
Resist:
WillPower; (6)

Level 4 - Treat the Sick Mind
The vampire may sense a derangement of a target. When the vampire uses this power, her third eye and the target both glow in gold light.
Perception + Empathy
(7)
The vampire may cure a derangement of a target. If she first made a roll to sense the derangement, each success on that roll grants an extra die on the roll to cure the derangement. When the vampire uses this power, her third eye and the target both glow in gold light.
Charisma + Medicine
(Willpower + 3)

Level 5 - Unburdening of the Bestial Soul
By looking at a target with her third eye, the vampire may store her soul within herself. This soul, once inside her, may have some of its Humanity restored; the vampire may spend a willpower point for each point of Humanity she wishes to restore to the target, up to her own Empathy score. She may only use this power on a target once. If she does not return the target's soul to her body in a reasonable time, she automatically loses Humanity. No roll is needed for a willing target.
Willpower Roll
(6; 3 Successes)
Resist: Willpower Roll (6)

Level 6 -
Renewed Vigor
By touching a target's skin and spending a willpower point, the vampire may heal all of the target's wounds, including aggravated wounds.

Pain for Pleasure
The vampire may cancel all of a target's wound penalties, and this target will feel pleasure instead of pain. This might lead to the target's self-endangerment, or even self-mutilation.
Willpower Roll
(8)

Level 7 - Repulsion
The vampire may alter her spirit to make others avoid her, without realizing what they are doing. This power draws no attention to the vampire.

Level 8 - Vitae Block
The vampire may make one point of a victim's blood pool unusable for each success. The victim must spend a number of willpower points equal to the number of blood points that are blocked in this manner. This blood must be freed in its entirety before any of it can be used.
Intelligence + Occult
(BloodPool, Max. 8)

Level 9 - Spirit Marionette
The subject may force a victim to move exactly as she does, and use her disciplines, Talents, Skills, etc, as if the victim also had them. However, the vampire must roll Empathy, difficulty 9, to move without the victim copying her.
WillPower Roll
(6; Successes = Willpower)
Resist:
WillPower Roll; (6)

Level 10 - Resurrection
By spending one willpower point for each hour that the mortal has been dead, the vampire may bring her back to life, but the body must be eighty percent complete. The third eye will glow so brightly that it will blind anyone looking directly at it. All parts missing will regenerate.

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 11:38 pm Reply with quote
User avatarOld Clan TzimiscePosts: 704Location: Seattle, Washington, USAJoined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:29 am
Thank You VERY much, Porter. I love you best! That was just what I was looking for.

Thank You, Valek, for the URL. I don't have much time in my near future to really peruse that site but I will try to take some in the near future to look it over a bit more thoroughly. :) Who knows what other needed information I will find there. :D

Merci Monsieurs!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 11:49 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 1117Location: The riverbank.Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:20 pm
Hehe you're very welcome :)

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 12:16 pm Reply with quote
User avatarCappadocianPosts: 590Location: Sydney, AustraliaJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 11:55 am
kazaa = spyware

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 12:42 pm Reply with quote
User avatarTremerePosts: 845Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 2:47 pm
Kazaa is spyware and in fact, won't run if you cripple the spyware components.

Kazaa-lite is ok though.

Having said that, I wouldn't use it for finding out stuff about disciplines, just google for it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 2:19 pm Reply with quote
Get your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 0Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2003 5:11 pm
just google for it? Is that something like Felching?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 4:34 pm Reply with quote
User avatarTremerePosts: 845Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 2:47 pm
Look, I know the idea of me bent over a table with a felch straw sticking out of my arse is a great turn on for you, but frankly I think I would rather slam my dick in the fridge door a few times.

[b:1331b2995b]google[/b:1331b2995b]

<World-Wide Web> The World-Wide Web search engine that
indexes the greatest number of web pages - over two billion by
December 2001 and provides a free service that searches this
index in less than a second.

The site's name is apparently derived from "googol", but
note the difference in spelling.

The "Google" spelling is also used in "The Hitchhikers Guide
to the Galaxy" by Douglas Adams, in which one of Deep
Thought's designers asks, "And are you not," said Fook,
leaning anxiously foward, "a greater analyst than the
Googleplex Star Thinker in the Seventh Galaxy of Light and
Ingenuity which can calculate the trajectory of every single
dust particle throughout a five-week Dangrabad Beta sand
blizzard?"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 5:10 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
Julius, you have issues.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 10:03 pm Reply with quote
User avatarTzimiscePosts: 43Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2003 1:16 am
ok, since i didn't read this until now... if you can find a dark ages vampire clanbook with teh name salubri on it, you'll be able to find out all you need about obeah, however, they are hard to find because it is the first edition of dark ages vampire (which came out about the same time as 2nd ed vampire). oh, and them being out of print doesn't help.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 10:15 pm Reply with quote
User avatarToreadorPosts: 155Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2003 2:02 am
Major issues lol :P

Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of withering, of tarnishing.
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 10:37 pm Reply with quote
[quote:6a152587af="Ekaterina"]ok, since i didn't read this until now... if you can find a dark ages vampire clanbook with teh name salubri on it, you'll be able to find out all you need about obeah, however, they are hard to find because it is the first edition of dark ages vampire (which came out about the same time as 2nd ed vampire). oh, and them being out of print doesn't help.[/quote:6a152587af]

Bless you! :D

This is another useful piece of information as I can then have my husband peruse the used bookstores for a copy of it. It's always a good thing to be friendly with store owners as they are apt to keep their eyes peeled and when they get one, not only will they hold it, but they'll call us up and let us know its there!!

I have to admit that I'm starting to amass quite a collection of these reference guides. ;) Now I just have to figure out where to keep them! My sweetie alone, could start his own shop! :D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 9:45 pm Reply with quote
MalkavianPosts: 16Location: Yorkshire, EnglandJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:06 pm
If you wanan have a laugh with google then i suggest you go to the website, www.google.com then in the search box type in:

weapons of mass destruction

then underneath the search bar should be a button "im feeling lucky"

go on give it a go:P

also tip for user.. dont do an image search on Felching, oh hang on ill have a go...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 10:21 pm Reply with quote
[quote:93c923e280="Mark Archer"]If you wanan have a laugh with google then i suggest you go to the website, www.google.com...[/quote:93c923e280]

roflroflrofl

I did this quite some time ago and just laughed my ass off!! Then I turned around and sent all my friends in my PBEM games similar instructions. The majority of them were just as amused but, unfortunately one of them was a staunch democrat (as I am) and didn't have the sense of humor that I do. He sent them a scathing message regarding his displeasure. ::shrugs::

Takes all kinds, I guess. But do be wary whom you send it to. :wink: