<  International  ~  What REALLY Happened Between Trom and Brian Braddock

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:31 am Reply with quote
User avatarCappadocianPosts: 590Location: Sydney, AustraliaJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 11:55 am
[quote:dea9c9aa25="Eveshka"]Ok, that is just plumb silly. Maybe the one toilet was made in USA with that special gadget that makes it flush in the American fashion, like in that episode of the Simpsons?[/quote:dea9c9aa25]

Apparently it's got nothing to do with the equator and everything to do with the shape and angle of the drain.

[quote:dea9c9aa25="Mundug"]Haha...Brian Braddock...that's a name I hadn't heard in a while...it even made me come out of lurking and post here once more.

He was a bit...uhm "eccentric". He wanted everyone else to go to the website where his webcam - named Rebecca - was playing. Not that anything good was ever on.

Hmm what was his story again...he was this uberpowerful immortal mage that could fly...and then I think he was killed off...and I think that's when he started playing a new character that was a Dhampir for a very very short period...and then since he really couldn't take the hint he was just kicked out of SoC.[/quote:dea9c9aa25]

Hi Mundug :) I'd completely forgotten about his webcam. He was... scary.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:38 am Reply with quote
User avatarThe Enlightened OnePosts: 21Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:12 pm
[quote:7b2132d0a0="batty"]Apparently it's got nothing to do with the equator and everything to do with the shape and angle of the drain.[/quote:7b2132d0a0]

This particular myth revolves around the "Coriolis" effect which tends to make air currents move one way in the northern hemisphere and the opposite in the southern.

Whilst this will have some very small influence on the water, the idea that all loos flush one way or the other depending on location is, in fact a popular myth.

As Batty quite rightly points out, it has more to do with the shape of the bowl, amount and flow rate of the water, the material of the bowl and so forth.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:41 pm Reply with quote
User avatarCappadocianPosts: 590Location: Sydney, AustraliaJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 11:55 am
[quote:7ba2231794="The Oracle"]As Batty quite rightly points out, it has more to do with the shape of the bowl, amount and flow rate of the water, the material of the bowl and so forth.[/quote:7ba2231794]

I should've just asked the Oracle, instead I asked a plumber.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:28 pm Reply with quote
User avatarToreadorPosts: 433Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2003 5:14 pm
Heh... I forgot about Brian's webcam. And I forgot that I was once named Rebecca. Not sure which is more loserlike, naming oneself something one is not or naming one's webcam after a said cyber tranny. I would wager the former is. God I was fucked up.

So it's all about the angle of the plumbing and consistency of the pooplets? So if one had eaten a lot of fiber it may swirl the other way as opposed to someone who had say, more potassium?

And Hi Hans :) How ya been?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:51 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 16Location: San FranciscoJoined: Mon Nov 03, 2003 2:32 am
Hello Peter.

Not too shabby, thank you very much. Graduated this past year and started working in the video game industry. Hopefully this year I can prolong my visa and keep doing what I like doing here in SF.

How about yourself?

Offline Profile ICQ