<  International  ~  Let the unravelling begin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 6:36 pm Reply with quote
User avatarOld Clan TzimiscePosts: 704Location: Seattle, Washington, USAJoined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:29 am
AH! My dear! You have gone from being a doll to a warrior in the blink of an eye!! I like that in a woman! :lol: Put a slice in Gideon's butt for me, would you? That's not enough but it will do for now. hehehe

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 10:04 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 1117Location: The riverbank.Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:20 pm
Porter watched as Kathy attacked. Her actions surprised the old feral. For once she reacted rather than thought. He knew however that once Gideon’s shock subsided, she’d be dead or dying.

And as much as the whimpering female annoyed him, he would see no harm come to her.

Gideon coughed up blood as he pulled the slender blade from his ribs, slicing a second time through his Undead lungs. He expelled a little blood to heal the cutaneous damage, and let the blade fall with a pronounced clatter.

[i:920867ea07]“Touche mon chere.”[/i:920867ea07]

He stepped forward suddenly, catching her off balance. Pushing lightly was enough to send Kathy to the floor with a clumsy plop. She gasped as he stepped over her, a heavy foot holding her to the floor. Gideon shifted his weight leaning just heavily enough for her ribcage to groan.

At that. The walls exploded.

The shape, no more man than it was a shape, pulsed forward tossing Gideon across the room like a hand might a fly. It became clearer, distinct as it stood. Hundreds of rats at it’s command. And all moving as one huge whole.

Porter mentally gestured to his miniature militia, sending them after the now raging Gideon.

Wave after wave of frenzied rat attacked. Some were decapitated, gutted as they attacked the clawed barbarian. Others rolled clear and resumed the assault. But it was enough of a diversion for Porter to seize the scuffed Toreador and drag her away, albeit screaming.

Realising he had been duped, Gideon roared into the empty halls.

[i:920867ea07]“Yes run coward! Your pack tried running too! But they couldn’t escape me!”[/i:920867ea07]

As his momentum faded, and the rats, suddenly stripped of their direction, dissipated, Gideon spat a piece of blood matted hide onto the floor. He cursed loudly making the remaining rodent soldiers scatter. His voice suddenly calm, but disjointed...

[i:920867ea07]“Shit.”[/i:920867ea07]

------------------

Several blocks away, Porter finally stopped.

[i:920867ea07]“You coward! Why didn’t you kill him! He kills your packmate and you run away!”[/i:920867ea07] Kathy slapped the Gangrel, splitting a nail on his nigh rock-like chin.

Porter grabbed her by the neck, lifting her from the rooftop they paused upon.

[i:920867ea07]“Listen to me now witch! And take notes! Noone tells me when to make a kill. Noone dare. Gideon has made a mistake, a fatal one at that. It will be MY choice as to when he discovers his error. Not yours. Not your idiotic fuck sire’s. Or your simpering boyfriend’s. Gideon is mine! His crime was against my kin! And his time is coming!...”[/i:920867ea07]

Dropping her he turned to face the open skies of Paris.

Kathy stroked her bruised neck, croaking her reply.

[i:920867ea07]“I... I’m sorry Porter. It’s just, after the last time....I want him dead too you know. You aren’t the only one he’s wronged.”[/i:920867ea07]

Her words seemed to strip something of the rage from him. Porter turned, his hair blowing wildly in the wind. His nakedness all but masked by the grim furrow in his brow.

[i:920867ea07]“I know.”[/i:920867ea07]

He looked at her, looking almost apologetic, before he closed his eyes and began to speak soundlessly.

------------------

Stepping, looking substantially worse the wear after the ordeal, Gideon looked down at the feathered messenger as it peeped and whistled it’s message to him.

Eyes narrowing at the message’s content he stepped on the birds head. The wet crack lifting his spirits again, before he sought Villon.

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 2:24 pm Reply with quote
User avatarToreadorPosts: 234Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 7:11 pm
((bah! what really happened is that Kay kicked Port's ass for making her break a nail and having the audacity to actually touch her!! lolol :P

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 4:33 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
When Gideon emerged from the patio's distinctly French styled doors, some matter of revelry had returned to the party which had adapted rather smoothly into an outdoor function. Tiki lights, which Gideon assumed were authentic, burned merrily in place of the intrusive lawn lights, giving the party goers a soft glow, and a more intimate setting.

The quartet, now comortably situated on a felt blanket of rich forest green, played Schubert's Die Junge Nonne rather loudly obscuring what conversation one might have strained to overhear. The guests had broken off into groups of perceptibly like-minded individuals, and stood around sipping their drinks and speaking in hushed tones. Villon stood by with a few of the more prominant members of France's Kindred society, including several Princes and Primogen of note, looking quite pleased with himself.

When his eyes fell upon Gideon's haggard figure, he immediately set his drink down and rushed to the Gangrel's side, his face flush with feigned concern.

[i:c3f305e668]"Gideon! My dear Gideon, what's happened to you?"[/i:c3f305e668] he whispered, placing a bejeweled hand upon his shoulder.

[i:c3f305e668]"Nothing to concern yourself with Villon."[/i:c3f305e668] he replied, brushing off the tattered remains of his tuxedo coat. Several of Villon's associates, shocked at the sight of the battle ravaged Gangrel, spoke harshly amongst themselves, in disgusted whispers.

Gideon looked at them disdainfully before snatching up Villon's half empty cup of vitae. Throwing it back in a single swig, he set the empty goblet down.

[i:c3f305e668]"One of your guests...Porter's his name, has unfortunately caused extensive damage to your trophy room."[/i:c3f305e668] he said quietly, [i:c3f305e668]"I feel partly responsible, as he seems to have been rather offended by my presence. I will of course, have the funds transferred to your account by tomorrow night."[/i:c3f305e668]

[i:c3f305e668]"Such trivial things need not be discussed now my friend,"[/i:c3f305e668] Villon said, once more clinging to the Gangrel's shoulder. [i:c3f305e668]"Do you require anything? Anything at all."[/i:c3f305e668]

[i:c3f305e668]"Only transportation back to Paris."[/i:c3f305e668] he replied plainly. The guests had taken notice of him now, and spoke softly, eyes peering out at him from the darkness. He paid them no heed however.

[i:c3f305e668]"Of course."[/i:c3f305e668] Villon said, now standing completely upright and confirming it with a half nod [i:c3f305e668]"I'll have my driver take you personally."[/i:c3f305e668]

Gideon thanked Villon rather half-heartedly and waited for the car to be pulled around the rather large circular drive. He was already on his cell-phone when it arrived, and as he climbed into the limousine's back seat he concluded the call rather abrubtly with:

[i:c3f305e668]"Tell Walker to kill the rest of them. The entire pack."[/i:c3f305e668]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 5:06 pm Reply with quote
[i:b8ffafd66c]" It's me kathy, where's Gabe and why didn't he answer his phone?[/i:b8ffafd66c]
Her voice was fraught with tension and Tyler presumed she had perhaps broken a nail or something trivial like that to which she just had to relay to his master.

[i:b8ffafd66c]" Good evening to you as well Kathy, Gabriel is currently bathing can I get him to ring you back?"[/i:b8ffafd66c] Tyler said nonchantly as he walked to depart Gabriel's room to prepare himself for his evening out.

The tirade of abuse that flew down the phone nearly made him turn it off, but he knew if he did Gabriel would eventually find out about it.

[i:b8ffafd66c]" Really kathy language just one minute"[/i:b8ffafd66c] he said as he walked to the bathroom door and rapped on it.

Kathy paced the floor of Connor's haven, Porter had ensured that she had gotten back safely and Connor's ghouls had run around after her, cooing and tutting at her appearance.

[i:b8ffafd66c]" Shall I inform Connor that you are here Miss?[/i:b8ffafd66c] Serena was Connor's current favour and was no doubt itching to inform him.

[i:b8ffafd66c]" not just yet sweet, let him enjoy the party awhile longer"[/i:b8ffafd66c]

Serena nodded meekly and set about disposing of kathy's ripped clothing.

[i:b8ffafd66c]" I asked not to be disturbed tyler, what is it now?[/i:b8ffafd66c]

[i:b8ffafd66c]" Kathy's on the phone I dont think you want to call her back I think you should speak to her ...like now"[/i:b8ffafd66c] Tyler was trying to keep the impatience out of his voice but he had been looking forward to his date , and was now worried that he may be late.

He heard Gabriel sigh and opened the door to pass him the phone, then bid his leave rapidly.

[i:b8ffafd66c]" Kathy? god its good to hear your voice, I dont think you know how much I'm missing you, the bed's so...."[/i:b8ffafd66c]

kathy cut him off and told him everything that had happened to her and Porter.

Gabriel sat up suddenly in the bath as he heard gideon's name. He hadn't wanted to let her go to paris, maybe for selfish reason's but this just confirmed how he felt, he should never let her far out of his sight.

[i:b8ffafd66c]" where are you now? right pack and leave, its as simple as that I'll make arrangements, no don't come back here, Kathy no look listen to me, you said yourself gideon knows I'm here"[/i:b8ffafd66c]

Gabriel scrambled out of the bath as he tried to think of a way to stop her coming back to Marseilles. He shrugged the bathrobe on and walked into the bedroom.

[i:b8ffafd66c]" Kay honey, now listen to me, I have an idea, no I dont want to wrap you in cottonwool and I know you can fend for yourself, will you just listen a minute!"[/i:b8ffafd66c]

Gabriel shouting at her brought a sob to her throat and he sighed heavily as he foresaw what was about to happen if he didn't do something.

[i:b8ffafd66c]" I know, I didn't mean to shout but Im so worried about you, Look rest there tonight and tomorrow I want you to go to that place we talked about visiting the other month, no not Harvey Nicholls, the villa, you remember, you will be safe there and I'll make sure there is someone waiting there to meet you at the airport"[/i:b8ffafd66c]

He paused while he waited for her reply.

[i:b8ffafd66c]" I didn't mean the Harvey Nicholl's comment, I'm just been a bitch, I only rang you to tell you what has happened and the ventrue in you demands that you take control of the situation, yes it's true that I don't feel 100% safe here, but then where are any of us safe...Gabriel?"[/i:b8ffafd66c]

He knew better than try to argue when she was in one of her moods, which were getting more and more often, it was rare that he saw the happy carefree kay he had fallen in love with and he made a mental note to ask tyler if there was any news yet.

[i:b8ffafd66c]" Kay I'm sorry I didn't mean to tell you what to do, all I want is for you to be safe but you do understand why I dont want you to come back here? you do good, now the villa? will you still go?"[/i:b8ffafd66c]

Kathy bit her lip to stop herself shouting, why was it he always managed to talk her around to his way of thinking, obviously a ventrue thing getting ones own way she mused as she played idly with the diamond cross that hung round her neck.
Then a smile played across her face, as if she had just remembered something and she realised that he didn't desire to control her, he just desired her as she did him.

[i:b8ffafd66c]" Gabe...I'm sorry of course I will go only on one condition though..".[/i:b8ffafd66c]

Gabriel blushed as she spoke to him and was at least thankful that Tyler was out for the evening and that for awhile they coud forget about the threat of Gideon against porter.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 8:07 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
The driver was left to his duties as his newly acquired passenger spent the duration of the country ride on his cell phone, speaking quietly yet rapidly. The quick succession of phone calls lasted only minutes but spanned several languages, most of which Villon's servant could not even hope to identify.

As Gideon set about preparing his contacts for his arrival, he dug into his duffel bag of fresh clothes, fresh being a relative term. His dusty blue jeans smelled of motor oil and country roads, and the once white t-shirt had turned a putrid color of faint yellow. Still, he managed to force a smile, happy that he had possessed the foresight to bring them along.

As he barked out his final orders to his retainers in France, a local politician completely under one of his most intimate friend's sway, he glanced out the window. Outside, each tree seemed to hide an adversary, the shadows stretching like great expanses of ocean. Every pocket of black was accentuated and threatened to swallow him whole.

He was no mud trudging savage, true, but he remained finely attuned to nature, and could sense the living creatures around him. It wasn't the living creatures that peaked his concern however. The simple cautionary slap Porter had delivered to him on the ballroom floor had revealed something of a transformation in him. A year ago, the gangrel had been too slow to even present a significant challenge and not even an hour ago he had delivered a blow which had caught Gideon completely off guard.

The French Gangrel and one time executioner had made an unlife out of destroying his numerous enemies and had many times supped on the rage of the defeated, but he had never before experienced the unrelenting fury that he had sensed in Porter. Although confident in his abilities, Gideon could not help but wonder the true extent of his adversary's strength. He was no slouch himself however, and had never truly revealed his own strength to Porter.

He resented the fear the Gangrel struck in him and pushed the unwelcome thoughts from his mind. Now he prepared for the phone call that he had dreaded making all night. He locked his jaw, tapped down his number list and selected the number labeled only as "6".

Their was silence for a moment and then a distant ringing. The phone chimed only once before it was snatched from it's cradle. As always, the voice said nothing, and offered no background noise. No breathing, no scratching, only empty, souless, terrifying silence.

Gideon stammered for a moment.

[i:017f0efa72]"H...he bit. We're on our way."[/i:017f0efa72] Damn him! DAMN him for his silence. He loathed him, hated him...but he had no choice. Not now.

[i:017f0efa72]"How long?"[/i:017f0efa72] the voice said simply. It was nearly phrased more as an order than a question, as absurd as it seemed. There was no trace of an accent, no emotion. It was as if he was speaking to a machine.

[i:017f0efa72]"I don't know...perhaps a few days? Less than a week."[/i:017f0efa72] Gideon said, distantly feeling the blood sweat forming on his brow.

The line went dead, and the Gangrel wiped an already soiled handkerchief across his forehead. The door to limousine opened, the driver regally beside it. The tall Gangrel stepped out, placing his black duster hat on his head as he did so.

An agonizing wave of humiliation crept over him, Porter and then this. He did not play the fool well, and was no longer content to be the underlings of others. Porter would come...and Porter would die.

[i:017f0efa72]"Will you require anything else sir?"[/i:017f0efa72] the driver asked, not daring to look Gideon in his deep amber eyes. The gangrel leaned towards the driver, inhaling his fragrance. Alcohol, fear, and a cheap cologne. Gideon rocked back on his heels, jamming his hangs into his pockets. The driver emitted an odor of relief.

[i:017f0efa72]"No...just bring my bags up will you?"[/i:017f0efa72] he spat. The man nodded an affirmation and paced quickly to the trunk, popping it open. He seemed so shaken by Gideon's presence that he had failed to realize that Gideon had no bags. He stared bewildered by the empty trunk, as though he had never laid eyes on one before. He turned to see Gideon standing directly behind him, a set of long jagged claws bursting from his right hand.

Gideon lunged forward and dug his claws into the driver's plump stomach, tearing through the flesh and innards until he had a firm grip on the bottom of the man's sternum. The ground grew soaked in thick black blood as Gideon yanked the sternum violently upward with such force that the ribs snapped and the man's chest opened like a music box, flipping upward nearly smacking him in the chin.

The Gangrel cackled and shoved the wide eyed victim backward, sending him sprawling into the opened trunk. With a single clean swipe, he removed both the man's legs and dropped them flippantly in. He shut the trunk and stood back.

[i:017f0efa72]"Villon should get a kick out of that."[/i:017f0efa72] it didn't matter, with the dirt Gideon had on the poofy French Prince, he wouldn't [b:017f0efa72]dare[/b:017f0efa72] raise so much as a peep.

A crunch sounded from the underbrush behind him and Gideon whirled around, his blood talons shimmering in the moon's faint glow. Only darkness met him.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 1:05 am Reply with quote
[i:2ef6470eba]" Do what you have to Nerov, I'm leaving you in full control, I've transferred money to your account and I think you will find that they will be more than sufficient to complete the task, now if you don't mind I'm tired of this conversation"[/i:2ef6470eba]

Connor had been listening to kathy via a phone tap that he had had installed month's ago's when he was suspicious of one of his pets sneaking around behind his back, the sheer audacity of that woman as if he couldn't provide her with all that she had wanted, however she now made a delightful party piece in the form of a statue, very tastefully done, to be crude would just not do.

[i:2ef6470eba]" serena, hack kathy's bank account and freeze the last transaction, I imagine it would be for a considerable sum sent to an account in America I should imagine, but do your best Cherie and stop it and later you will get your just rewards"[/i:2ef6470eba] as he spoke he gently nibbled her neck making her moan with desire and making her more than willing to do his bidding.

Connor strode down the corridor and entered the guest suite just as kathy was replacing the receiver of the phone.

[i:2ef6470eba]" Ma cherie, how are you tonight? Villon is most perturbed about the action's of Gideon and told me to tell you that he will do his upmost to punish him, was that Gabriel on the phone?"[/i:2ef6470eba]

Kathy nearly nodded in agreement then so the look on his face and regret began to tinge her already guilty mind.

[i:2ef6470eba]" I'd be lying if I said it was, it was merely a business aquaintance, I spoke with Gabriel earlier however and he's asked me to conclude some business for him so unfortunately I will be leaving paris shortly"[/i:2ef6470eba]

What had happened to his Kay he didn't know , all he knew was that at times she was so hard and at others so vulnerable but above all she had begun to lie to himand this perturbed him greatly.

[i:2ef6470eba]" Ma cherie, do you not trust me? can you not confide in me no longer? I always used to be the one that you ran to and now......well I fear you run from me at times and not to me....is it him that makes you behave in this way?"[/i:2ef6470eba]

Kathy frowned as she got up from the bed, she had no shame in revealing her body in front of her Sire at all and she clearly showed that as she walked to the wardrobe shedding her dressing gown and letting it float to the floor to reveal her perfectly formed body moving fluidly towards the wardrobe.

Connor did nothing to avert his eyes, he merely looked upon her with satisfaction that she was his creation, his kin so to speak, there was a part in her that belonged to him and he would never ever let that go.

[i:2ef6470eba]" Don't be silly, I am my own person you know that , business is business and I'm glad that I can help him out"[/i:2ef6470eba]

((Just got in from work...started posting but Im tired so if i dont leave it here I'll ramble on forever lol

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 7:45 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 1117Location: The riverbank.Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:20 pm
-------------------

The room Gideon was using as a haven lay in darkness. The last few darts of sunlight were extinguished by the rising of night, and the only movement in the room were the heavy velvet drapes that shuddered and sighed with the cool night wind.

He stirred as his substantial senses picked out the finer traces of nightfall and lay, eyes closed for a moment just thinking.

Then he felt something tickle his leg. Then tickle his other leg, his arms, his torso. The sensation wasn’t unpleasant in itself, but his not knowing it’s source, was.

He tried to discern the thing that tormented him so subtly and growled as something cold and coiling crossed his neck.

Sitting up explosively, he flicked the light on and threw back his sheet.

The bed was covered, heaving with millions of insect feet and wormy bodies. He lay under and among them. Jumping from the bed he yelped as his feet crunched on something. Looking down he saw more insects still.

He stamped on them. Shouted at them, ordering them to leave with his mind. But the mass refused.

Stunned at their refusal he started as his eyes crossed the wall. Written in shit or blood or perhaps a sordid hybrid of the two was a simple collection of words. Flies buzzing at it’s shape and texture.

[i:5be1491c29]“Now you die.”[/i:5be1491c29]

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 11:36 pm Reply with quote
The warm blue watered lapped gently against her naked body, caressing her and enticing her to become one with the ocean , another wave hit her and she moaned softly at the unsaid promise that it relayed to her of total freedom and fulfilment.
The moon was high and bright and many stars filled the dark azure sky as she bobbed to the surface once again, she was at peace for awhile and nothing would break the spell that made her float on the surface and simply stare upwards, her lips silently naming the constellations that shone so brightly onto the deep blue sea that she swam in.

She never heard him approaching, so engrossed in her surroundings and the stars above her, but his touch told her he was there as promised, by her side and he should be, as he longed for him to be.

[i:5dd48c6fe2]" Kay"[/i:5dd48c6fe2]
His voice was hesistant as if he didn't know what response he would get from her, on his arrival he had found she had left the villa and had been told that she had been on the beach for hours and as he had followed the sandy track down to the beach he had been apprehensive, what if his suspicions where right and that she was indeed seeing someone else? what would he do? His nervousness grew as he picked up items of her discarded clothing along the path, trying to contain his anger.

He had sat for awhile watching her as she swam in the sea, the moonlight enabling to glimpse her lightly tanned body, that he had noticed cost a fortune to maintain, as it cut through the water rapidly.
He couldn't bear it no longer and that was why he had cast his clothes off to join her.

[i:5dd48c6fe2]" I knew you would come and join me"[/i:5dd48c6fe2]

The arms that had wrapped around her were unmistakably his and she leaned back into him as he kissed her neck tenderly.

[i:5dd48c6fe2]" How could I not? you are what I live for, your whole being engulfs me, without you..."[/i:5dd48c6fe2]

She turned round in his arms and wrapped her legs around his waist, then oddly waved towards the beach. He frowned and then looked were she was looking to see a fire freshly lit, its flames reaching for the night sky.

[i:5dd48c6fe2]" Had all this planned did you?"[/i:5dd48c6fe2] he laughed only for her to silence him with her kiss, her tongue probbing and demanding as she wrapped her legs tighter round his waist.

He moaned loudly as she leaned down and caressed him, his entire body ached for her and she whispered in his ear as she unwrapped her legs from around him and hand in hand they swam towards the beach.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 1:54 am Reply with quote
The new housekeeper was a great deal tastier than the previous, and seemed, at least in Gideon's eyes, to be of stouter stock. Her predecessor had left somewhat shaken, muttering about a "roomful of bugs" and the like. The Gangrel had declined to comment upon the incident, but simply assured the councilman that should he keep his peace on the subject, his reputation would remain in tact.

Gideon sat silently on the home's front porch, which wrapped around two sides of the great house. The white-washed posts, normally vibrant and welcoming, were engulfed in darkness. Every shadow drew longer than usual, but to the beast-like figure it was of no difference. He sat in a rocking chair by the deck's sole light, an open book upon his lap, listening to the busy hum of the moths.

Suddenly, there was a shriek from within the house. The agonized cry would curdle any mortals blood with it's deep melancholy sorrow, however it did not raise Gideon's attention. He simply went about reading, rocking slowly back and forth.

The front door burst open, and the councilman erupted forth, his face stained with tears. The sick mask of horror and sorrow he wore turned to hatred as he set his gaze upon the Gangrel.

[i:9a700b77cd]"Fucking DIE!"[/i:9a700b77cd] he roared, lurching foward. In the second it took the councilman to reach Gideon, the kindred had already detected the glint of steel that sat clench in the man's hand, he could smell the intent of murder. The blade struck only the worn wood of the chair, nearly toppling it from it's tracks.

Bewildered, the grief stricken attacker glanced about. Two shimmering orbs peered out from the shadowed end of the deck, capturing the lamps meager light and spinning it playfully. The councilman knew he could not hope to win this victory, but the splintered telephone lines in the front yard told him that no help was on the way. He had never so desperately wished for neighbors before.

[i:9a700b77cd]"You monster...you fucking monster..."[/i:9a700b77cd] he muttered, still hold the kitchen knife in his hands, hands that were caked with the drying blood of his wife. [i:9a700b77cd]"Why? My wife....my...my child..."[/i:9a700b77cd]

He choked pitifully on sobs, his face flushed with anguish. Finally, unable to retain his composure, the man relented to death, falling upon his knees and allowing hte blade to clatter to the deck.

Gideon now emerged from the shadows, a book of poetry in one hand. He was the picture of a perfect gentleman. A neatly pressed suit and silk tie atop a pair of glistening shoes. Not a spot of blood to tie him to the carnage that even now sat fresh in the councilman's living room. No signs of the intestines that were visable inside, dangling out of his wife who looked as though she had been gutted like a fish.

Worst of all, the child. Partially digested and spewed across the room, encrusting the walls like decorations for the birthdays it would never see. The councilman shuddered and then heaved his stomach's contents onto the deck, tears falling into the vomit and then disappearing.

Gideon strode foward.

[i:9a700b77cd]"Care to hear a passage Councilman Blance?"[/i:9a700b77cd] he offered. He held the book at arm's length, simulating a vision problem.

[i:9a700b77cd]"...fuck you..."[/i:9a700b77cd] the wreck of a man on the deck croaked.

[i:9a700b77cd]"Because I could not stop for Death,
He kindly stopped for me;
The carriage held but just ourselves
And immortality."[/i:9a700b77cd]

As he recited the poem, he presented a single match from his pocket and cast it into the open door.

[i:9a700b77cd]"He slowly drove, he knew no haste,
And I had put away
My labour and my leisure too,
For his civility."[/i:9a700b77cd]

The floor rapidly caught fire, having been soaked in kerosene only an hour before while the good councilman and his wife were out at dinner.

[i:9a700b77cd]"We passed the school where children played
At wrestling in a ring;
We passed the fields of gazing grain,
We passed the setting sun."
[/i:9a700b77cd]
The deck was now fully lit, a lifetime of dreams smoldering away within the house. Black smoke poured from the windows, obscurring Gideon's slender frame from the councilman. But still, his cold unmoving voice rang out.

[i:9a700b77cd]"We paused before a house that seemed
A swelling of the ground;
The roof was scarecely visible,
The cornice but a mound"[/i:9a700b77cd]

The councilman stood on shakey legs and lurched towards the deck's sole set of stairs. He slipped on the pool of vomit as he moved and stumbled down the stairs into the wet grass below. He was suddenly aware of Gideon standing over him, book still in one hand, a single outstretched claw in the other.

[i:9a700b77cd]Since then 'tis centuries; but each
Feels shorter than the day
I first surmised the horses' heads
Were toward eternity."
[/i:9a700b77cd]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 4:21 pm Reply with quote
((Not one to invite home for tea and scones then? :shock:

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 11:23 pm Reply with quote
[i:9a338cffee]I haven’t felt this alive, this free of mortal restraint in three hundred years. The rain beating against my chest is a baptism. I am born again. I look out across the rooftops that jut from the earth like concrete tumours and then I fly.[/i:9a338cffee]

The figure, at the very least, could have been described by onlookers as humanoid. It had the requisites to label it such. Two legs, two arms. And a head. However it was far from human.

It stood, one leg raised on a rooftop edge, it’s monstrous face twitching as it sniffed out the scent of some unknown prey. Catching what it sought, the figure launched itself into the air, it’s haired body becoming that of a bird before it beat it’s wings and rose far above the streets and citizens of Paris. It’s agile flight seeming to guide it untouched through the torrents of rainfall.

--------------------

The pack lay in ruins. The death of their Duskriser had left the remaining wolves demoralised, almost as much as when Alpha had been taken from them so many moons ago.

Weylin nursed his torn paw, whining with sorrow at the deaths of so many of his pack-mates. His pack sister, Moina could only drag herself across the cramped cage, her back legs had been broken and deliberately set badly by her captors. The two wolves were starving, growing weaker and close to death. But death it seemed was to be denied them a little longer.

--------------------

Ansel smoked the last few scraps of tobacco from his yellowed, unfiltered cigarette. He threw the smouldering butt onto the rain soaked grass, smiling as it hissed before the water extinguished it’s miniscule flames. He sucked in the damp, earthy air and pulled his jacket collar up around his neck as a cold shiver ran up his back.

--------------------

The figure watched with interest from the bough of a large oak, it crept cat-like along an overhanging branch until it practically sat over the perimeter wall. It rose to it’s feet, seemingly naked, and leapt into oblivion. It sailed overhead, spinning and turning majestically in mid air before landing in a perfect stance directly in front of the startled Frenchman. Ansel had time enough to gasp and start to speak, before the figure swung a powerful, naked arm back. It’s clenched fist striking him across the bridge of his nose.

The impact was incredible. Ansel’s face was crushed inward, blood spattering the figure’s arm as he fell backwards without so much as a groan. A massive puncture wound was all that remained of his face, it was as if he’d been struck by a falling rock.

The figure sniffed the air again, before it began to stride forward.

--------------------

The alarm was raised after a guard fired off a shot before his arms were torn off. The first of his reinforcements was clubbed to death by his colleagues limbs, before a hail of automatic fire filled the cold, misted air.

The figure turned to face it’s prey. A cruel smile covering it’s grizzled face as it absorbed the hail of bullets. Panic stricken, some of the guards turned to run, others simply loosed their bladders as the “monster” took them.

It tore and slashed through them, taloned fingers arcing and scything what life they had in gouts of shadow-blackened blood. Those that ran were cut down, claws popping through their backs, monstrously powerful fingers pulling their ribs apart before letting the bodies fall in graceless heaps.

Walker watched the scene, her eyes widening with each barbaric act the creature her “client” had described, carried out. She felt her heartbeat quicken with morbid excitement as the naked, feral man threw back his maned head and howled. The sound aroused her, heat filling her crotch as the beast called Porter scanned the grounds.

--------------------

Weylin’s tufted ears stood up. He must’ve dreamed it in his desperation. His Alpha was no more, wasn’t he? He looked over at Moina and found the answer. Her ears were moving frantically. She’d heard it too?

Their hopes were confirmed as the howl rose again. A sound full of bloodlust. The song of the hunt. The sound was getting closer, becoming a call to succour. He was looking for them! The two, exhausted, beaten wolves tried to reply. But their thirst swollen throats wouldn’t resonate enough. He wouldn’t hear them.

But he had.

--------------------

Porter’s head turned at the faint retorts. He smiled hopefully, turning to the direction the faint sound had risen from.

Creeping forward, his eyes scanning for traps and wires, he dropped to all fours.

Better to approach them in their own form he supposed.

The two wolves whimpered as the black wolf padded closer, wuffing at them, tail wagging.

As their tired eyes distinguished his frame, they growled, momentarily startled at the strange colouration the “Alpha” wore. But as his scent, or lack thereof, reached them, the growls subsided, becoming joyful whimpers.

The Alpha was here! And he was going to free them!

Porter looked into the eyes of his pack-mates, adoration leaving him and entering them both as he pulled the cage apart with his powerful jaws. As his muzzle touched Moina’s a shot rang out. She whimpered one last time as the bullet tore into her heart. Her eyes full of joy and sudden horror at once.

Walker stood holding the rifle. She smirked as the black wolf tried to rouse his friend, confused grunts failing to tug her heartstrings as he nudged the dead female with his nose.

Then he turned to face her.

Walker chambered another round, firing a massive round into the wolf’s chest, sending Porter sprawling in the mud.

[i:9a338cffee]“Not so tough after all. Gideon was wrong about y...”[/i:9a338cffee]

She never finished her sentence. Porter moved blurringly fast. As her senses and nerves registered the movement, the massive predator took her life just as cleanly as she had Moina’s. The human in him wanted to prolong her agony. But he was more beast than man. And the beast merely killed it’s enemies. It had no time for torture.

He dropped her body, his fangs glistening with her throat’s ichor. Her trachea flopping uselessly, her chest heaving less and less as what little fight she had left, left her.

Now in human form, he turned to face Weylin. The two predators’ eyes locked as they spoke. He fed some of his blood to his “brother”, enough to heal his wounds. Taking with him, the analog of scent memory, Weylin held of Gideon.

[i:9a338cffee]“Live free, brother.”[/i:9a338cffee] Porter embraced the wolf, his arms circling it’s ruffled neck before he ran into the night.

--------------------

The figure was dressed for the occasion at least.

A long overcoat, and wide brimmed hat sheltered him from the worst of the weather.

The sign that heralded it’s passing waved slightly as the wind got up.

[i:9a338cffee]“Compiegne. 12 km.”[/i:9a338cffee]

Gideon looked up at the stars, a thin beleagured smile creeping across his vicious features.

[i:9a338cffee]“Oh build your ship of death. Oh build it! For you will need it. For your voyage of oblivion awaits you.”[/i:9a338cffee]

He felt the lump within his overcoat’s folds. His callused fingers tracing the outline of a child’s doll. The wet thoughts it inspired in him warmed him against the night’s toiling.

--------------------

Porter ran north. His feet kicking up leaves and debris as he pulsed through the woods. Hatred, vengeance and rage fuelling his every step.

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 6:43 pm Reply with quote
He strode alongside the desolate highway to the scenery of barren grasslands and quant country farms. Each passing step brought him neither closer to his goal or further from his point of origin, but in the rural French countryside only pushed him deeper into the pursuit. He did not stop, save only to hunt and feed.

The night wind picked up slightly, and carried with it a faint barely discernible scent of Porter. A musk of anger and longing. Gideon's face, still slick with the blood of a farmgirl, stretched greasily into a smile. The bait had certainly worked, finally cut that last thread that bound the beast to humanity.

His hunter was still some distance behind him, but when he caught scent of Gideon he would surely quicken his pace. The Gangrel set down his pack, removing his cell phone from it.

[i:1bf33f5d49]"We're on our way. No...I have to leave my things. I'll call when I can. When I can."[/i:1bf33f5d49] he hung up and placed the phone back in his pack. Then almost snakelike, he slid out of his clothing, standing bare against the road. He turned to the approaching winds. [i:1bf33f5d49]"Death is nothing to us, since when we are, death has not come, and when death has come, we are not."
[/i:1bf33f5d49]

With that, he turned from the road and head into the wilderness, his path remaining north.

((soz for the crap post, but i'm trying to prepare to the storm :P

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 12:23 am Reply with quote
The figure that had made such an elegant and admirable appearance at Prince Villon's banquet was now barely recognizable as he crept among the barren tree branches, shrowded in the night's blanketing darkness. More beast than man, the creature that had been Gideon stalked the outer edge of the forest, careful in his own instinctual way to avoid any traitorous winds that might carry his scent towards Porter.

The old Gangrel was still some miles away, apparently having caught the fresh trail of his prey. His "prey" traveled at a considerably slower rate of speed, but as Porter would soon find out, he was cautious to leave no distinct trail behind. The old dog's nose would be of no aide this time.

On he crept, his elongated almost skeletal arms shooting out in front of the trunk of his body. Wide, opals of eyes pierced the darkness, still toying with what little light was provided. Just beneath them, a great maw panted heavily, delibirate saliva seeping and oozing over each horrible fang. A thin coat of sparse, grey hair covered his body, but did not attempt to hide it. His human features were still vaguely recognizable, it was as if he had stopped halfway between his transformation.

The obscene silouhette quickened it's pace, jutting through the outstretched fingers of trees with careless abandon, writhing and folding back on itself to avoid contact. It's body twisted unnaturally, joints bending in both directions, portions of it elongating and shortening to accomodate it's slightest whim.

A crunch reverberated from the woods' entrance, and the beast halted, it's features drawing in on themselves. The once 8 foot creature looked no bigger than a common owl now, perched on the tree branch, peering intently into the darkness. No great foe emerged however to meet him, only the empty hollow forest floor below.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 2:27 pm Reply with quote
The two strolled along the shore for some time wet and devoid of towels. For some time neither one spoke, content to listen to the salty Mediterranean waves crash over the rocky protrusions that dotted the beach and jutted into the blackened waves of the sea like fingers. They spoke in soft whispers, not out of fear, but of a mutual respect. They were guests, enraptured within one anothers presence in an ideal setting.

They spoke a great deal of the future, and little of the past. Of being together and never apart. Topics moved from the beauty of landscape to other exotic locations that they might one day visit together. Finally, when no more subjects could be discussed for the evening, they resumed their silence, satisfied simply to be in one another's presence.

The beach began to wane as the ground became increasingly rocky. They soon found themselves walking uphill, and glancing out over the water from a bird's eye view. The heady scent of pines and sea began to lessen as well, and was replaced by an increasingly familiar scent.

The two strolled up the cliffside until at last they found themselves walking upon the accustomed cement of the road. Ahead in the distance, mere specks in the landscape, tiny lights flickered from windows. Realizing they had unknowingly walked the entire distance back to the villa, the two laughed.

Dry and sticky, they donned their clothes once more and head towards their rental cottage.

((just an update...will post more later