<  Chit-Chat  ~  How's Unlife?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:08 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
Hello to Any Fellow Lurkers,

Well, after going some time with my account locked out, I've finally managed to pester Stef enough (O Hail Mighty Admin!) to reset my password.

I recently had the odd bug to write VtM again. I'm not sure how many of you out there are still actively RPing, but Frank and I have had many wanderings across strange lands in the years after SoC. We've RP'd in other VtM sites, Star Wars RP, even a few DnD knockoffs! But as RPers increasingly migrate to Discord Servers we find ourselves soldiers-of-fortune without a home. All this to say I was considering just doing a bit of a writing on the old site. Not necessarily with the expectation of anyone ever seeing it, but simply as a bit of exercise and for posterity's sake.

What else?

My girls are 11 and 6 now and the years are just rocketing by. Life is a dizzying assortment of kids activities and extracurriculars, projects and efforts. It's exhausting and wonderful, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't often nostalgic for the old days of racing home from work on Sundays to attend Elysium on WON.net or simply the pleasure of a new post notification.

Ah well. Enough blathering for now. I hope you guys are all well out there in your respective domains across the big world. I hope life's been kind and generous to you. If you should stumble across this and feel inclined to reply, know I'd love to hear from you.

All my Best,
James (Gabe)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:55 pm Reply with quote
User avatarTremerePosts: 845Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 2:47 pm
I got old and sick. In no particular order.

As some of you know I have had multisystem sarcoidosis for some years now, along with unrelated chronic pain issues (often these two go together, but for me I have them separately). So I'm on a pile of cool drugs. Including America's current favourite, Fentanyl.

So I'm not working any more, but despite the UK govs best efforts I still qualify for "all the benefits", so I'm not well off, but comfortable. (Cost of living and epic inflation and such notwithstanding).

So mostly at home playing lots of computer games. I am available on Discord if anyone wants to poke me, Tromador#1313 - just remember to say who I know you as, for I will ignore requests from "who the fuck is this?".