<  Chit-Chat  ~  Quiet here

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:45 pm Reply with quote
User avatarUnknownPosts: 117Location: ChicagoJoined: Mon Nov 24, 2003 4:24 pm
... :P

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:11 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
Sheesh! You ain't kiddin! Silent as the...

ahem...

THE GRAVE! How you doin' Nix?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:29 am Reply with quote
User avatarUnknownPosts: 117Location: ChicagoJoined: Mon Nov 24, 2003 4:24 pm
Haha isn't it just!

I'm doing OK. My kids are great; Isaac is nearly 4 and he's such a clever little thing. He surprises me every day! Jacob is 18months now and growing so fast. Hes so tall! And he's starting to speak. Really funny when he nods his head and says "Yeah, yeah, yeah" :D

My studies are progressing, currently studying electromagnetism. A bit boring but I'll have to slog through it.

Oh and the other news is that I'm getting married in August! It's a bit scary, and there is loads to do, but it feels like the right thing to do. Once the stress of the preps goes away I'm sure I'll feel more excited about it! Only 10 weeks left!

How are you mate? Enjoying being a parent?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:29 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
As we covered in the other thread, I am enjoying it much more. It's still a bit rough as we don't have a real routine down. We ended up using family for daily sitting services which while great, is a bit unreliable at times. Sometimes they have doctors appointments, sometimes they have company coming.

I'm not faulting them mind you. They have their lives and they're doing this free of charge. But it's frustrating that every night my wife and I have to hold a discussion about what's happening the next day. I can't help but think if I was paying someone to watch her at least I'd have a constant schedule. Drop at xx pick up at xx.

But oh well. If that's my biggest problem I guess things are going pretty well!

I can't imagine what kids are like at 18 months. It must be wild! To have them actually communicate with you...it's gonna be a trip.

Congrats on the nuptials! Weddings are a lot of stress but they're great! Just be present in the moment on your big day. It's a trite expression but it really does fly by.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:18 am Reply with quote
User avatarNosferatuPosts: 330Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2003 3:50 am
we got very lucky and didn't need much babysitting while the kids were small. Mistys job and mine had totally different schedules so we got lucky.

now that my baby girl is almost driving she is old enough to watch her little brothers. SWEET.

now im spending my evenings trying to find a nice place to get away for a week, just me and the wifey. It won't happen this year but hopefully next.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:21 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 1117Location: The riverbank.Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:20 pm
Gratz on the upcoming wedding Nix! Nice one!

Offline Profile ICQ