<  Chit-Chat  ~  Biggest film of 2003

What has/shall be the biggest film of 2003 ?

X-Men 2
7%
[ 1 ] 7%

Matrix Reloaded
0%
[ 0 ] 0%

Hulk
0%
[ 0 ] 0%

Terminator 3
0%
[ 0 ] 0%

Pirates of the Carabeian (spl)
27%
[ 4 ] 27%

League of extrodinary Gentlemen
0%
[ 0 ] 0%

Return of the King
47%
[ 7 ] 47%

Matrix Revolutions
20%
[ 3 ] 20%

Total votes : 15
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 2:10 pm Reply with quote
User avatarBrujahPosts: 16Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire, UKJoined: Fri Aug 08, 2003 12:39 am
ok just a small poll to see what has been or shall be the biggest film of 2003 so far. i'm only classing the big blockbutser type films such as x men2, matrix, hulk etc

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 4:07 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
Okay, maybe it wasn't the BIGGEST film of the summer, but it was definately the best.

*voted for Pirates*

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 4:30 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 1117Location: The riverbank.Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:20 pm
If we're talking "Best" film. Then so far for me it's been Reloaded. Yes some FX were ropy, but it had me hooked.

But I have a suspicion that Return of the King will break records.

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 5:06 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 71Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 9:00 pm
RotK

hands down, absolument

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 5:15 pm Reply with quote
User avatarOld Clan TzimiscePosts: 704Location: Seattle, Washington, USAJoined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:29 am
It was hard to choose! Especially as I hadn't yet seen "Pirates", which, I've been told had a great special effects scene in it! However, based on the ones I HAVE viewed, X-Men 2 had the best story, graphics and action over all, which was a hard act to follow. For sheer story line and acting, I'd have to go with "RotK". Since there was no room for more than one vote, I went with the gut reaction.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 6:05 pm Reply with quote
User avatarToreadorPosts: 155Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2003 2:02 am
Pirates of Caribeans, I think its the best film who came out this summer, plus Jonhny Depp is so cute :oops: lol

Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of withering, of tarnishing.
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 2:04 am Reply with quote
User avatarTzimiscePosts: 43Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2003 1:16 am
well, in all fairness... revolutions hasn't come out yet, but from what i know, it promises to be grand. but i mean, they're going to be good in their own right. i just don't like the idea of choosing before we see the finished product.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 4:05 am Reply with quote
User avatarNosferatuPosts: 330Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2003 3:50 am
im going with The retun of the king
xmen was good
pirates promises to be good

but lets face it
Tolkin had the fan base with out the movies..Fathers will take there sons
sons will take there friends. its a bonding thing. this movie crosses generations.

we all owe someting to Tolkin for making the first fantacy world... it was the spingboard for first addition D&D.. which spawned such things as um i don't know let me think .. hold on one it coming to me ......... wait.......

VAMPIRE the masquerade... which inturn caught the attention of programmers.. and made the redempion...
and now im here rambeling away listining to Shotime in the background. and Drinking MGD....

Sweet beer... nectot of the god..
good for you .. and it is made from hopps. and barly..
they are natural.. and grow from the ground...
Cows eat things that grow from the ground.. i like to eat cows..
MOOOOOOOOOO
which brings me to my next point where is out malkie......

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 12:41 am Reply with quote
User avatarLasombraPosts: 12Location: gigglesJoined: Mon Apr 21, 2003 3:56 am
i vote for pirates 8)
and i agree johny depp is cute and so is orlando bloom 8)

:::sings:::
Yo yo yo yo a pirates life for me...

:::giggles :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 11:23 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 64Location: Everywhere "they" didn't look.Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2003 9:41 pm
ROTK, Revolutions and Pirates would be the hottest contenders.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 4:28 pm Reply with quote
Get your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 0Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2003 2:49 pm
Piglets big day gets my vote.....the graphics are awesome and ohhhhhhhh :P:P that pooh bear just makes me weak at the knees....what I wouldn't give for a night with him snuggled up in bed ....:: dreams::

The storyline is amazing and they most have spent a fortune on creating the backdrops.

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 10:34 pm Reply with quote
User avatarCappadocianPosts: 167Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2003 12:48 am
Call me weird, but I didnt really loved any of them, they were not bad, but for me THE FILM of the summer will be Freddy VS Jason hehe.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 4:04 am Reply with quote
User avatarCappadocianPosts: 167Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2003 12:48 am
Saw Freddy VS Jason today, and man ... this is like one of the best movies ever made, I so enjoyed watching Jason kicking long nails faget freddy all around hehe. Well wont say more, for the sake of people whom havent saw it lol.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 4:59 am Reply with quote
User avatarTzimiscePosts: 43Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2003 1:16 am
you know what. i've seen pirates of the caribbean twice so far. and, i will agree... it is definitely a very good looking film ::drools over johnny depp and orlando bloom::

however, it's kind of weak. pretty much it's 2 1/2 hours of the ride at disneyland (which currently blows thanks to political correctness).

but then again, i'm a sucker. i can't even wait to see the haunted mansion (my personal disneyland fave, and that ride gets retrofitted for the nightmare before christmas every year).
if you want to talk story wise. it definitely had one, but... well... i guess it's the writer in me. but i could see the three act structure. maybe i'm more compelled by birth of hero structures which tend to be a bit lenghty, but totally enjoyable (i.e. harry potter, lotr, matrix, etc.).

ok, i'm going to take off my film geek hat. ok, much better.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 10:25 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 1117Location: The riverbank.Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:20 pm
I saw "Pirates" two weeks ago, and I LOVED it!

Pure pulpy, classic action film fun!

Depp is the new Errol Flynn!

Oh, saw Jason Vs Freddy a week earlier. But let's not talk about that lol.

*groans*

:roll:

Offline Profile ICQ