<  Chit-Chat  ~  Woah...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:21 am Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
I don't know where I was in 2004 that I missed this internet gem, but for folks who enjoy horror and Lovecraftian themes (and who have an hour or two to kill), I highly recommend reading:

http://www.dionaea-house.com/

It's the fictional recounting of email correspondance between two long lost friends as one of them attempts to solve an all-consuming mystery.

Protip: Make to check out the "Updates" at the end. Also explore all the links to find out more about the mystery. Very well written and VERY creepy.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:45 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 1117Location: The riverbank.Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:20 pm
Bookmarked.

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:53 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 1117Location: The riverbank.Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:20 pm
CREEPY AS FUCK!

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:12 am Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
I know! Personally I thought it got scarier after the main story when it pointed you to the various blogs...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:38 am Reply with quote
YIKES!

Again, if you have some time to invest, check out http://www.youtube.com/user/MarbleHornets

This is precisely the type of horror I enjoy. Not so much the Blair Witch handheld aspect of it, but just the suspense, mystery and surrealism of it all. God that's freaky...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:37 pm Reply with quote
Ok I'm too chicken to watch, what is it?

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:50 pm Reply with quote
Hahaha!

It's not that bad. It's just a bunch of videos put up as entries.

Backstory apparently is this film student starts to make a film for school, becomes increasingly erradic and scraps the project. Then the youtube channel owner acquires the tapes and scans them for anything interesting.

They gradually get creepier and creepier...