<  Chit-Chat  ~  New thread

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:47 am Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 1117Location: The riverbank.Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:20 pm
I've been mulling it over and time willing, is anyone up for trying a new freeform story thread?

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:05 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
Abso-fuckin-lutely.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:27 am Reply with quote
User avatarNosferatuPosts: 330Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2003 3:50 am
Will it be in our beloved Cascadia?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:19 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 1117Location: The riverbank.Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:20 pm
Wherever you'd want it to be. Hell it doesn't even have to be vampires. Think we should brainstorm it a bit first

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:08 am Reply with quote
User avatarMalkavianPosts: 44Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2003 7:03 am
I'd like to participate as well :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:01 pm Reply with quote
User avatar"Brujah"Posts: 62Location: Central FloridaJoined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:37 am
I've had a somewhat abandoned freeform thread in USA for a few years now called Jyhad City that places a chaotic element in Cascadia of marauding Giovanni hunting for James Johnson in the docks district. It's still a valid opener if you want someplace to start, but obviously it doesn't have to be beginning of a new freeform. When I get an internal-to-external harddrive converter and have access to my continuation of that thread, it'll be continued, until then it's still a valid starting point if the idea of dealing with those whom love the decaying is how you'd want to begin.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:59 pm Reply with quote
User avatarUnknownPosts: 117Location: ChicagoJoined: Mon Nov 24, 2003 4:24 pm
I haven't got masses of time (too much maths!) but I'd be up for it. :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:21 am Reply with quote
I'm thinking Tyler, Finn (return of) etc on a Raiders stryle quest :D

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:20 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
What about a thread with strictly human principles?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:42 pm Reply with quote
Yep that'd suit me :) Theme?

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:08 pm Reply with quote
Horror? Mystery? Thriller?

In the WoD, the best part of playing a human is the sheer vulnerability and near helplessness.

As a fan of Lovecraft, I've always loved those themes.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:21 pm Reply with quote
Ok...

Something more subtle maybe? Not out and out insanity inducing.....

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:08 pm Reply with quote
Oh, I wasn't implying we need to have main characters run into Old Ones and go bonkers.

I just meant it's always scarier to confront an enemy of supernatural strength and power when you're just a mere mortal. So even if the bad guy is simply a run-of-the-mill vamp, it makes it that much scarier.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:30 pm Reply with quote
Ok so tourists stumbling across a town's dark secrets?

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:31 pm Reply with quote
Not to over do the Cthulhu theme, but Stef forwarded me a Cthulhu chron he was participating in some time ago, and the intro was just so simple and awesome I've always wanted to rip it off, but using vamps it's tough to duplicate since they're supernatural.

Basically your little troupe is driving, gets a bit lost and disoriented and then the car just "dies". Radio goes to static, headlights fade and drop, and then the engine croaks. We could either set the date back prior to cell phones or all electronics (watches, etc) could croak too.

It was so simple, but such a mysterious spooky intro. Always thought it was fantastic.