<  Chit-Chat  ~  Blue Moon Rising...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:07 am Reply with quote
User avatarEvil yet deliciousPosts: 164Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:49 am
[quote:ec75564fb7="Rainmoon"]Hamachi has came a long way since XP. So unless you're setting up shared folders containing sensitive data and allowing remote desktop access, there isn't a lot of risk these days. Actually, the new security features of hamachi (along with Vista and Windows 7) are what are making it extremely difficult to play Redemption with it anymore.[/quote:ec75564fb7]

It was three computers ago so I don't think I was on XP at the time but ok! :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:43 am Reply with quote
User avatarEndeavor Mod LeaderPosts: 142Location: Lacey, WAJoined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:35 am
When was the last time you used Hamachi? Have you tried making your own private channel? I hear that Crimson Keep continues to play Redemption through private channels on Hamachi. Maybe Survivors of Cascadia can come back to Redemption in a similar way.

Just saying. 8)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:22 pm Reply with quote
User avatarTremerePosts: 845Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 2:47 pm
How many hours did we spend trying to make the bloody thing work?

I think Win7 may be the death knell for this... which is sad really. SoC has huge resources available.

The never played http://www.vampirerp.com/socfiles/maps/TromadorLondonV22.zip including brand new maps (by me) never seen the light of day and some incredible custom artwork (by Batty) which appears disappointingly never to be used in anger.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:26 pm Reply with quote
User avatarEndeavor Mod LeaderPosts: 142Location: Lacey, WAJoined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:35 am
There has got to be a solution somewhere. People have been able to play on win7 using hamachi. I and Signothorn both use win7 and we played Redemption over hamachi just earlier this year. Despite the hours we spent, I don't think we covered all the ground.

We can try again on testing other solutions. Hopefully we can get Trogers to help because he's going to start some Redemption chronicles and is really good at figuring out hamachi issues. I haven't done enough testing on my end so I can't even be sure if I'm at fault for things not working.

We just need to make more time to figure this out and bring in more individuals to help test.

[edit]

I think the problem was on my end. I had the same issue with another member as I had with Tromador. I fixed it by adjusting my Interface value to 10. Might be worth another look. Again, the problem was on my end. I fraps the results so win7 does in fact work:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hw-WbCGGAA0

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:26 pm Reply with quote
Well, it will be cool if we can get this to work. Maybe I can catch your 'trogers' chappy online over the weekend and he might be able to help.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:08 pm Reply with quote
User avatar"Brujah"Posts: 62Location: Central FloridaJoined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:37 am
Good to see you're still around Rainmoon, that screenshot of V:TMR really gave me a rush of nostalgia. Sometimes I wish it were half a decade or more ago, but then I remember the hurricanes of '04 and sit back down.

Unemployment is bad, mkay? I wish I didn't share your same disposition on that issue. -_-

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 8:14 am Reply with quote
Last week I had finished a new 2010 edition to the Age of Redemption mod. I got a YouTube video and information about the mod on my AoR page:

http://www.e-mods.net/modules/mods/about_aor.php

Would be nice if we can fix those hamachi issues. I want to test the new synchronization fixes I made for the coterie members. I did some testing on my personal network hub, but I would really like someone to try this out over hamach. Hopefully, players will be able to see the coterie members in action when they connect to a game. Normally, the coterie members can't be seen by non-host players in multiplayer.

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 4:17 pm Reply with quote
What's your availability like? I'm on UK time and generally home from work by about 7pm. If you can fit around that, I don't mind spending some time trying to make it go.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 6:34 pm Reply with quote
I miraculously still remember my old password here. lol. Anyway...

I'm still alive. I had a rather large blackout period in life, but am getting back on my feet and living out on my own. So how are ya pepes?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:52 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
We are very...VERY quiet. lol

Good to see you Rainmoon!!