<  Chit-Chat  ~  Random Memory

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:25 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
One memory that's always stuck in my mind for no particular reason other than I thought it was a bit surreal took place several years back.

I was visiting some old friends in Florida. I was staying with my good pal K and we were basically just smoking pot and drinking beer all week. We were young and it was full college life immersion. Another friend of ours from high school lived several miles away and went to a local community college. We spent a few nights over at his house. He was pretty immersed in pot and it was the first time I had ever done a "wake and bake".

I walked into their cheap, dingy apartment and the first thing you notice is the sparseness of it. The furniture was second hand and pretty bare bones. There were a few ratty posters on the wall and not much else. The second thing you notice was a huge Marshall Amp wedged in the corner. My friend Brandon lived with another friend of ours from high school, Joe.

The next morning, we woke up, smoked a bowl and sat down in the living room. I was busy being stoned and eating a bowl of cereal, when Joe emerged from his room, said a quick hello, lit a cigarette and picked up his guitar. He switched on the amp and the room was filled with a droning hum. Without provocation, Joe immediately launched into the opening from "Achilles Last Stand" by Zeppelin.

He was standing there, shaggy hair in his eyes, lit cigarette dangling, no shirt and and pair of baggy sweatpants just completely tearing up this guitar. I stopped eating and just watched in awe.

I'm not sure why this made such an impact on me, but it did.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:50 am Reply with quote
User avatarNosferatuPosts: 330Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2003 3:50 am
Very nice.

All life is a collection of memories. don't keep them to yourself share them or they will be forever lost.