<  Chit-Chat  ~  Corrosion

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:28 pm Reply with quote
User avatarTremerePosts: 845Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 2:47 pm
Any of you Vampire Wars players on Facebook got a Corrosion ability?

If so, can I borrow it for a while, as I need it to do one of the Deathbringer level missions and it only drops from Akem's Gamble.

In return, I can lend out my equally rare "Control Mall Santas" which is a requirement for another one of the missions at that level.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:24 am Reply with quote
User avatarEvil yet deliciousPosts: 164Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:49 am
Those dickwads managed to put all the abilities in a nice tidy alphabetical list but do you think they could do same for clan members? 28 pages worth of clan members to scroll through, in absolutely no conceivable order.

Right. Now where was I?

Corrosion ability? I've only got one. Sending now xx

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:27 am Reply with quote
Only need one - thanks babe. I'll return it when I'm done :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:23 am Reply with quote
You're welcome. I don't suppose you have 2 x Demon Summoning hanging about the place? I need it to finish the last Stalker mission.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:22 am Reply with quote
Note to self for future: Batgirl is on page 10 of the clanbook.

2 x Demon Summoning sent.
1 x Corrosion returned, thanks for the loan.

I gotta beat up Baba Yaga repeatedly now until I get 2 x Control Bear Clans. This is made more fun, because seconds after logging in out of Zombie mode, my health vanishes. From now on, first job when logging in is fight BY.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:35 pm Reply with quote
I found the same thing but I've been ploughing xp into defence and I seem to be able to tread water for a short while without leaking a lot of health. I'm thinking about cashing in some of those favour points for serpent skin. I'm still a few short but it shouldn't take more than a couple of days to get enough. What do you spend yours on?

Thanks for the Demon Summoning, I've done 56% of level 1 of that mission so it will be a few days before I can return the abilities to you. I don't have any Bear Clan abilities but if that changes, I'll let you know. I'm still collecting Amunity to Silver but if you need any, I've got about 14 I can send over. :)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:13 am Reply with quote
My favour points went on energy refills finishing up the halloween abilities. Honestly I don't see the point in buying the uber favour point abilities. What good is one serpentskin (47/73) going to do against someone coming in with 501 superior horrific transformations (62/58).

I am instead working on the principle that for now I'm going to be punished ;). I'm working up all my abilities to superior and I'm then going to start buying up the top notch abilities whilst continuing to build up blood flow to support them.

Sure the favour point abilities are probably better, but 1 or 2 is to be but a drop in the ocean, when you are using 1503 abilities in total.

I got like 31 immunity to silver :)

Last edited by Julius Darrant on Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:14 am Reply with quote
Attack 140
Defense 148
Energy 205
Health 106
Rage 15

I'm earning 74,246,600 blood points per hour after upkeep and have run out of things to spend it on. I've maxed out all my abilities so I just keep buying minions which brings more blood to buy more minions. Rinse and repeat. Once I finish the missions I think the game will lose its appeal.

Edited to add: Yeah I can see your point re favour point abiliites. I blew most of my points the same way. Got all the costumes including the dead cat but missed the vomiting chick ability. Oh well.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:21 am Reply with quote
[quote:ef8980b7d3="Julius Darrant"]

I got like 31 immunity to silver :)[/quote:ef8980b7d3]

I'm now short 8. They're easy to get though :)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:32 am Reply with quote
Bile Spew was the last one I needed and I got it on my last, absolutely last scraps of energy, thanks to a refill from some kind clannie just in the closing minutes of the contest.

Bile Spew - 40 Attack, 60 Defense.

Attack - 100
Defense - 100
Energy - 200
Health - 205
Rage - 36

Guess who racked up like 40 points to spend and was merrily mis-clicking on rage when he meant health...

Blood flow is 86,360,000 and 65,620,400 after tax.

The thing to spend blood on is indeed minions and more minions, this is to get enough blood flow to support the maxed out upgrades on the abilities. I dunno if you have upgraded all to max yet, but:

Superior Horrific Transformation - 300,000 blood upkeep each
Superior Impervious - 48,000 blood upkeep each
Greater Flight - 720,000 blood upkeep each
(still working on superior flight, I dread to think what the upkeep will be).

These abilities are the best generally available, rare drops and favour point abilities notwithstanding, so these are the ones to aim for.

Once you've got the abilities, it becomes a combat ladder system

At some point between finishing missions and getting all abilities and being in the main fight the game becomes dull, unless some new dimension I'm not yet aware of turns up.

Still finishing the missions is going to take time.

All the Deathbringer missions I've completed to level 1 (which is all except the one I need bear clans for) now require items not skills.

Foresee a Traitor in the Midst - 1 x Pentagram Shard
Interrogate a Traitorous Minion - 1 x Charon's Obol, 1 x Shard, 1 x WW Claw
Investigate the Lair of Acanthus - 1 x Obol, 5 x Shard
Create a Diversion - 5 x Chub Teeth
Stand-Off with Acanthus - 1 x Tarot death card

To get shards, you need to do missions that need chub teeth. My 105 teeth suddenly look like not nearly enough. I might have enough shards to get level 2 done, but level 3 is going to be grinding for the items I need to get more items I need to do missions.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:35 am Reply with quote
Not sure what you need immunity to silver for, I've no need for them. 8 sent. Keep them.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:43 am Reply with quote
[quote:fb2eba95a4="Julius Darrant"]
Guess who racked up like 40 points to spend and was merrily mis-clicking on rage when he meant health...
[/quote:fb2eba95a4]

OUCH!! A couple of times there, I hit the wrong button and paid out favour points for health instead of using blood. *forehead slap*

The thing to spend blood on is indeed minions and more minions, this is to get enough blood flow to support the maxed out upgrades on the abilities

See, that makes sense. I bought extra abilities for trophies then sold them back to minimise my upkeep. I think I'll spend the next few billion blood points on more minions (almost have 220 of each but 130 SWAT), then I'll start buying up Horrific Whats-its.

I dunno if you have upgraded all to max yet, but:

Yup, I did that early on so I've maxed out ("improved") everything.

My 105 teeth suddenly look like not nearly enough.

I'll start sending you teeth. There must be a lot of toothless chubs getting around lol

I'd stopped gifting for a while there because Firefox was just about freezing when I tried to scroll down the list of gift recipients. I've just changed over to Google Chrome and it's slick and fast. Gift on!

Hey, and thanks for all the Amunity to Silver abilities. I'll get them back to you asap xx

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:46 am Reply with quote
[quote:a662d77876="Julius Darrant"]Not sure what you need immunity to silver for, I've no need for them. 8 sent. Keep them.[/quote:a662d77876]

Deathbringer mission "Stand-Off with Acanthus" needs 30 x Immunity to Silver plus Corrosion. :)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:49 am Reply with quote
ooh.... righto. Yup. Done that and now it needs the tarot cards.

The real killer is going to be one of the scion missions that needs 2 x Cross Running Water, which can not be obtained AT ALL.

Well.. actually it can. If you are lucky enough to fight someone who got a CRW ability when they did exist, then you might be able to steal it.

I have 1 Cross Running Water. How about you?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:56 am Reply with quote
[quote:8a7a4e30d6="Julius Darrant"]ooh.... righto. Yup. Done that and now it needs the tarot cards.

The real killer is going to be one of the scion missions that needs 2 x Cross Running Water, which can not be obtained AT ALL.

Well.. actually it can. If you are lucky enough to fight someone who got a CRW ability when they did exist, then you might be able to steal it.

I have 1 Cross Running Water. How about you?[/quote:8a7a4e30d6]

I have 4 x Cross Running Water. No idea where they came from. I just clicked some stuff. :)