<  Chit-Chat  ~  twilight/underworld

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 11:17 pm Reply with quote
VentruePosts: 102Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2003 6:57 pm
opinions?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 11:34 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 1117Location: The riverbank.Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:20 pm
Really enjoyed Twilight, against my wishes too!

Underworld....pile of steaming cack nowadays. Haven't seen latest one, and no desire to :)

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 1:29 pm Reply with quote
yeah that's what i was afraid of. My roommate is grinding through the books in one or two days, but its appeal to youth is kind of a turn off for me

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 1:43 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 1117Location: The riverbank.Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:20 pm
Well I thought that too, but it's not the teenage fest I feared. I found it quite adult :) Not in a pervy way lol

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 2:30 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
Underworld was poop in my opinion. Thought it was stupid and mindless. But I WOULD think that way. I'm of the opinion that Vamp players generally go through a certain metamorphasis in their playing style and outlook on the game world.

I think when you first start vamp (at least for ME) you're incredibly inebriated with the game world and so the focal point of almost all your characters activities is that he's a vampire, his abilities, his curse, and his history. I think later on, as the novelty of the game world wears thin, it becomes more character driven.

As a result of having this bias, I think most vampire movies are lost on me because I hold this elevated opinion of how they should be portrayed as character studies, which of course no one would enjoy nearly as much. Although Interview With a Vampire did an alright job with it.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 1:35 pm Reply with quote
maybe....I'm just off the vampire kick.

I said it

:shock:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 5:39 pm Reply with quote
S'ok mate, I am too :)

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 8:54 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
No biggie. My vampire kick never spread to other mediums. I never cared about any vampire books/movie/media other than vamp. Shit, I didn't even care when they came out with that TV Series about the game! I was mostly in it for the RP. I thought the game world was cool, but vampires in general aren't really interesting to me.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 2:26 am Reply with quote
whew, a weight off my shoulders. I think its pretty damn cool we have maintained friendships over this many years with people we really never knew. Sometimes its easier talking with people ya dont know. Theraputic even.

I Heart you guys

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 3:21 pm Reply with quote
User avatarNosferatuPosts: 330Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2003 3:50 am
i seem to be the only one here who dissagrees.

I liked Underworld but i only saw the first one. I picked out clans for differant vampires, i liked the eternal strugle with werewolf vs vampire. i thought the first underworld was very White Wolfie.

Misty and I apply the Masquerade to every movie or vampire book we read.

The vampire series (which we have on tape) had potential but they made it more relationship based and not manipulation based, like true vampires would are. They also didn't do the Nosferatu very well( I may be a little biased here). The Nos were strong, but they gave the the magic of Tremere and they were not nearly ugly enough.