<  Chit-Chat  ~  xbox 360

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:54 am Reply with quote
User avatarNosferatuPosts: 330Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2003 3:50 am
i know someone else has one.

Javert gave me mine last xmas.* im too poor to afford something as cool as it*.

what do you all play, and how often?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:27 pm Reply with quote
User avatarTremerePosts: 845Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 2:47 pm
I am also too poor... but my lovely friend Victoria who has no interest in playing the '360 her ex-bf bought her has loaned it to me on 'extended loan'.

I have 2 games, Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix, which is much like every other Harry Potter game ever and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, which is kind of fun but annoying because of where it puts save points. If I kill a massive boss, I want a save, dammit, not a string of uberly difficult jumps *then* a save point, so every time I miss one I have to go back and do the whole boss fight again.

Yeah... I'm kind of stuck there and can't seem to find the energy at the moment, so playing my PC a whole lot more.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:35 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
I've got one. I tend to play Call of Duty 5: World at War on multiplayer a lot, and recently have been playing Fable 2 a lot. I bought the fuckin thing because my PC became increasingly outdated and I couldn't afford upgrading it all the time ect. So a good friend of mine who plays PC all the time was like "Oh! We're all buying 360's! You'll be able to play with us again!"

So I bought one.

Then THEY all completely stopped playing theirs. They solely play PC. Fuckers.

In February I will be playing GTA IV (the add-on, Lost and Damned), Mafia 2, and Godfather 2.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:42 pm Reply with quote
VentruePosts: 102Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2003 6:57 pm
I'm in the same position as gabe. I recommend buying games that came out a couple years back from a used game store. I got several games for 14 dollars or less. Call of duty 3, Tomb raider legend, Splinter Cell double agent.

If your a fan of NFL Madden is a must. You make suck a while until you get used to the format. took me about 3 maddens to be competitive, but stil really fun none the less. And you can always set the game play to rookie. Madden consumes about 75% of my xbox gameplay.

Halo 3. I play this game strictly for multiplayer mode. Its very fun. Most of my friends have it so we play this often. great for playing with friends out of state.

GTA IV - very fun....and very dissapointing @ the same time. Not as good San Andreas.

I think thats all I got. I'm a Civilization fan so I'll likely be buying that for xbox seeing as my comp is shit atm.

Oh i got end war as a gift. I didnt get into it, but it wasnt horrible. Also If anyone is interested in game trade after they beat a game i think i'd be in on that.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:58 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
Much agreement about GTA IV here. The game was fantastic in terms of the setting...but compared to San Andreas the amount of stuff you could do was so limited!

My biggest gripe was if you can't buy property, hell you can't BUY cars, what's the point of getting money? What am I supposed to do with it? Buy a shitload of guns? I mean...you buy all the clothes in the game relatively quickly. What's the point? I mean at least in San Andreas I could run around buying every building I wanted!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Halo 3 is what i play mostly.

Mostly on Weekends or after the kids got to bed for an hr or so.
and i only play the multi-players too.

I have to play a game that i can play for 10 - 20 mins then set down, the kids need food, or im doing laundry, or they want to play for a bit. So in depth adventure games or online sports games are out for me.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:03 pm Reply with quote
That's alright mate. I'm more or less in the same boat. I've never played MMORPG's because my schedule just doesn't allow it. :P

Adventure games are okay because every so often I'll get a block of time. :)

We don't play the same games, but my handle is JBibby if anyone wants to add me.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:44 am Reply with quote
I Know this handle will be an inside joke.. and most of you won't get it.

but im online as

wait for it..

wait..

SIT DOWN IN BACK

i am

Wait......

DRAIN THE NOS

it was worth the wait

Vampire has marked me for life, most of my id tags on any game are DRAIN
or (SOC) DRAIN, or DRAIN THE NOS
i was hopefull that someone would stumble on me and ask, " are you the DRAIN from (SOC)."
but it has never happened...... you ppl just don't play the same games that i do i guess.