<  Chit-Chat  ~  my life at the moment

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:03 pm Reply with quote
Get your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 285Location: yorkshireJoined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:21 pm
i don't know why I've not told any of you whats going on in my life at the moment, I like to feel I'm strong and can cope with allsorts but tonight I feel like having a outburst and I think my rl friends have heard enough. In july my grandson, Josh aka Boo spent the weekend with his dad, Ami and him split up over a year ago. When Josh was dropped off he had a handmark bruise on his arm and a massive bruise on his ribs, Ami, my daughter rang me and I told her to get him to casualty. little did I know what wheels I was setting in motion.
The next day we had a fone call, could we take Boo back to the hospital, we did and the powers that be decided the bruises were non accidental so since social services were called in. They all believe that my ami is not to blame but because of the baby P tragedy every social worker is on full alert. My grandson hasn't been allowed home since then, we are now his full time foster carers, we are due at court in Jan and at the moment I want to scream and shout at someone that its not his mum that has hurt him but someone who was there the weekend he went to his dad's but no one wanted to listen.if we dont geet the verdict we want from court it means we are left with the heartbreaking decision of do we keep him and bring him up as our own or do we give him up???

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:04 pm Reply with quote
Get your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 285Location: yorkshireJoined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:21 pm
BTW im not asking you to make the decision! was merely letting you know :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:01 pm Reply with quote
VentruePosts: 102Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2003 6:57 pm
Well i sure hope the best for you and yours!!!!!!!! Keep us updated. how old is boo? Can he not just tell them?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:03 pm Reply with quote
Hi Travis! how the heck are you?

Boo was two in August.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:38 pm Reply with quote
pretty good. cant complain anyways school is going good/fast, and thats pretty much my life right now. Hope your situation improves soon.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:18 pm Reply with quote
My life just gets better! NOT!
Just found out, well 24 hours ago, that Dave slept with a woman when he went away for his birthday with his friends, and if thats not bad enough he's seen her again and doesn't think he loves me anymore so he might be leaving!

What goes around comes around I suppose!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:42 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
omg....I'm so sorry Mandi. :(

That's awful! You'll be in my prayers.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:48 am Reply with quote
Thanks Gabe, well I've had a full day where I've not cried, which is good, we are talking and he is still here, he's deciding whether to stay and we have a fresh start ie dates but he will go live with a friend, or move into a flat, very expensive in york though and continue to see the woman he met. He doesn't want to move to hers because it is too far away and they've only met twice for a shag so.....the reason behind this sudden change is sheer stress of Boo situation, we've got no life really and have neglected each other, we don't laugh much etc
Everything we do has to revolve about the kids, so she is single, a little younger, no kids and more fun, which wouldn't be hard at the moment lol

Anyway, anyone know of any good single sites? just jking, I've got too much on my hands at the moment.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:10 am Reply with quote
Life is so odd, you never know what is going to get thrown at you!
Last Friday Dave came for the rest of his stuff and to give me the house keys back, he's moved into a bedsit in York. It was the first time I had seen him since he had left 2 weeks earlier, was very odd but it suddenly struck me that I didn't love him anymore and I know this sounds a bit daft but I was actually glad, it was like a weight had been lifted from me!

Anyways I went out with Shaz,(best mate, and general angel the past few weeks) and ended up in Stone roses bar in town, lots of local bands play there its an odd place but the ppl are fab!

Shaz said I was like a different person, I was all chatty and bubbly and happy, something she's not seen in me for awhile.Got talking to a guy who is actually one of my younger brother's friends, we got on like a house on fire, he's like a surfer dude lol totally different to me but we just clicked!

We are now officially "seeing" each other. Kids think he's is cool, although Aaron frowned a bit cos he is 8 years younger than me but hey what's age when you get on so well :)

Boo situation is still ongoing, still waiting for another two court dates.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:47 pm Reply with quote
is the new guy going on vacay with you, lol jk. Seems fast, but hell the quicker you get over the past the better. Remember the possibility that he is just a rebound though. Food for thought. let us know how court goes with boo!

oh and p.s.
I'm not worried about being an accomplice, although the threat is very real and probable :-)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:22 pm Reply with quote
Thanks travis, he's not off on the hol and no he's not a rebound thing, i had a nice city married banker to get me through the rough patch lolololol

Dave knows what I've done, he aint happy but has accepted it.
Gf is on verge on dumping him, according to what he's told me ....i'm not taking him back though !
The Boo situation is that new court dates are 8 march for 5 days, so looks like I will end up fostering the baby as well, the cool thing is that the new guy totally accepts everything, which makes me think why would a guy id been with 5 yrs not? anyways not much i can do about it but cope :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:48 am Reply with quote
User avatarNosferatuPosts: 330Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2003 3:50 am
New guy accepts things....
Baby will come to you.....
Old man will soon be out of the pitcture...

In these times of unrest.. you better keep in good standing with that Banker.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:37 pm Reply with quote
Well Dave got offically dumped last week! And who did he turn to for a shoulder to cry on? Me of course, he is trying to sort his head out but has said he wants to give us another go. Ive consulted pyschic friend again, she's not been wong about anything so far, and she says we will get back together and it will work out, which is all well and good but I dont want to give my younger guy up, hes well younger and loads of fun to be with!

Dave asked me to stop seeing him to give us a chance, so I did, we only managed 2 days though, pining like love sick puppies lolol

So the update is I'm waiting for dave to decide he is ready for us to start again, dates etc which when you think about it is quite odd, I was the one he cheated on, surely he should be jumping to my tune? Anyways I'm still seeing Rich on the quiet so to speak and i'm not giving him up till Dave knows what he wats but then I might not want to :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:27 pm Reply with quote
Joshua and Caleb are home with Ami where they belong, the judge decided that Joshua was hurt by one of ten people that he had contact with when he went away for the weekend last june with his dad.

l

Offline Profile