<  Chit-Chat  ~  Presidential Elections

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:43 am Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 1117Location: The riverbank.Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:20 pm
Woot! Way to go America!!!!!

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:01 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
It was the right choice.

Our problems aren't going anywhere. They're still here and they'll likely still be here in 4 years. But we have a better chance of confronting them with pragmatism and thought with Barack Obama as our president. More importantly, I hope this election energizes young voters and makes them realize that they CAN work within the system.

That doesn't just apply to presidential elections. We need to get involved in the system. Take action. My biggest fear is that if the Obama presidency is a mediocre one (face it, he's got some huge tasks ahead!) that it will breed cynicism. I hope the opposite comes true and that we see an America that's engaged and actively holds our representatives accountable.

But for now, we should celebrate the fact that after an 8 year hibernation of intellect, compromise, and thought we've elected all of those traits back into office, and done so in a very forceful fashion.

BTW, my state, Virginia, went to Obama. We haven't voted a Democrat into the presidency since the 1960's!!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:40 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 1117Location: The riverbank.Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:20 pm
Yeah, it really seems to have sparked a lot of optimism though, on both sides of the pond :) And word is that the Stock Market has improved slightly?

Either way, he might have ALOT to fix, but I think he could be the guy to repair America domestically and globally both financially, socially and politically.

Oh and buy his kid a puppy ;)

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:10 pm Reply with quote
User avatarToreadorPosts: 433Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2003 5:14 pm
Will they change the name of the White House I wonder?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:51 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I mean surely it has to be called the Pigmentally challenged House, same as blackboards in schools here were renamed chalkboards :/

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:17 am Reply with quote
User avatarNosferatuPosts: 330Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2003 3:50 am
my hope is that now that Barack is the new commander and cheif, our esteemed Govener doesn't fill the president elects seat in congress himself. **im in Illinois** our govener is as corrupt as they come, and i know about corrupt politicians, its the stuff on legends in my family. The questionable chicago Daley machine are all Kin to me. We have family photos of Al Capone at my Grand mothers mothers wedding catering the wedding reception.