<  Chit-Chat  ~  Presidential Elections

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:33 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
[quote:353b4ef68b="Eveshka"]It's a no win situation. Obama is a Marxist. McCain is a... I don't really know what McCain is, I've never been able to figure it out. We're screwed any way you look at it.[/quote:353b4ef68b]

I wouldn't go so far as to call Obama a MARXIST. However, in today's political climate, Republicans are just as willing as to spend big (if not bigger) than Democrats. Since the local government, small Federal style Republicanism seemingly went out of style within the party a long time ago, I'll take my chances with Obama, at least his brand of govt spending might help some folks on the way down.

I know, I know. "Vote for Ron Paul! He's an old school libertarian!" True enough. But he won't win. It's a shitty argument, but it's true. And also, I think we need a diplomat more than a president who will accomplish absolutely NOTHING with a Democratic Congress in power.

So I'll place my bet on the inclusionist, and hope his spending doesn't go overboard. I THOUGHT that's what I was voting for when I voted for Bush the first time. Instead, the NSA can tap my phone...

...ah well.

I have REPEATEDLY voted against the intellectual. I've always gone with character. But you know something? It doesn't seem to work. We need people smarter than ourselves in office. McCain may be a stand up guy, but he's got a bad temper (he was my stepfather's flight instructor in the 60's, and he was called "The Screamer"), he wasn't a particularly good pilot (he crashed 3 planes before he was shot down), and he graduated at the bottom of his class in the Naval Academy.

I'm done voting for "a good guy". I'm voting for the smart guy. Hopefully it won't bite me in the arse.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:03 pm Reply with quote
User avatarToreadorPosts: 433Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2003 5:14 pm
I'm voting for Brian Braddock.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:33 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
Hahaha.

Agreed. He's got my vote.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:58 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 1117Location: The riverbank.Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:20 pm
Wasn't Brian Braddock, Captain Britain's real name????

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:45 pm Reply with quote
http://www.break.com/index/unbelievable-mccain-vs-obama-dance-off.html

wtf?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:30 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 1117Location: The riverbank.Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:20 pm
TBH I think it'll go like this.....

Either McCain will win, mysteriously.

OR

Obama will trounce him, then as he walks down the steps outside there'll be a gunshot. He'll drop dead. It'll all be covered up until a suitably deranged KKK fuck can be grabbed and used as a scapegoat. And Biden will pull his face off to reveal Palin beneath.

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:02 am Reply with quote
[quote:b3269235d7="Porter"]TBH I think it'll go like this.....

Either McCain will win, mysteriously.

OR

Obama will trounce him, then as he walks down the steps outside there'll be a gunshot. He'll drop dead. It'll all be covered up until a suitably deranged KKK fuck can be grabbed and used as a scapegoat. And Biden will pull his face off to reveal Palin beneath.[/quote:b3269235d7]

LMAO

Nah. But everyone keeps bringing that up as a serious point...

"He'll be shot! He'll be killed!"

To that I would just say...how many people hate Bush? I mean...people just don't disaprove of him...that HATE him. Like almost irrationally. He's still alive. So I'm not really worried about Barack.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:24 pm Reply with quote
*coughs* Yeah but Bush ain't black *coughs*

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:37 pm Reply with quote
I think you overestimate racism in America bud.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:35 pm Reply with quote
You kidding? After the two White Supremacists caught planning to shoot him at the Democrats Conference? Or that idiot-bitch calling him an arab?

Like I said, Obama + President = Grassy Knoll

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:33 pm Reply with quote
I just wrote up a huge rant about how Americans are stereotyped. Then I erased it. It's just not worth it.

See what happens in January.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:27 pm Reply with quote
I'm not stereotyping you guys. I just think that a twisted minority will ruin it for everyone else :/

Didn't mean to offend you, G

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:51 pm Reply with quote
Not offended bud. Just a bit over defensive at times. :)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:51 am Reply with quote
User avatarGet your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 56Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 1:13 am
Perhaps Obama will be shot, killed if he is elected. He is aware of this. He is a fairly smart guy, he has to know it.

That isn't a point against him, that is a point -for- him. A man who recognizes that it is a good possibility that a job will cost him his life, yet keeps working to earn that job anyhow, is someone worthy of consideration.

I'm what you want, when you want it. I'll do the things you can't or won't, I'm everything you need, right when you need it. Take my deal, accept my terms. Give me your problems and I'll make them mine. All you have to do is play by the rules...
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:53 pm Reply with quote
User avatarTremerePosts: 845Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 2:47 pm
Meh... US citizens have a strong tradition of shooting their Presidents, for all kinds of reasons, as my research shows.

1835 - Andrew Jackson, Democrat, Shot missed.
(Probably mad assassin Lawrence thought he was Richard III of England)

1865 - Abraham Lincoln, White Republican.
(Probably shot for abolishing slavery and advocating black rights, to be honest).

1881 - James A Garfield, Republican,
(Assassin Guiteau believed God told him to do it)

1901 - William McKinley, Republican
(Shot by an anarchist, for having so much when other men had so little)

1912 - Theodore Roosevelt, Republican, Completed 90 minute speech whilst bleeding from chest injury, survived.
(Shot by anti-third termer on the 1912 campaign trail)

1950 - Harry Truman, Democrat, Survived
(Puerto Rican nationalists, not US Citizens, I guess.. but anyway)

1963 - John F Kennedy, Democrat
(Conspiracy theories too numerous to list)

1975 - Gerald Ford, Republican, Survived
(Psycho woman who thought Charles Manson was cool)

1975 - Gerald Ford, Republican, Survived
(17 days after the first woman, another one shoots at him because she was angry)

1981 - Ronald Reagan, Republican, Suvived
(Mad idiot with a Jodie Foster fixation, who thought he was Travis Bickle in 'Taxi Driver')

An interesting list, from which I note Republican Presidents seem to take more bullets than Democrats and that US Gun Laws give complete psycho nutters far too easy access to weapons.